ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Buenos Aires - February 22, 2006
Alex (Chile), Voodoo (México), Cucho (Perú), Bjornulf (Norway) and Marcelo (Argentina)
http://rocksoff.org/foro
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Watts' best drumming ever? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 14th, 2006 02:31 PM
Joey " That's FEY! "

February 14th, 2006 02:33 PM
star star four flicks would be nothing if the camera didnt point to charlie!
February 14th, 2006 05:50 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
star star wrote:
four flicks would be nothing if the camera didnt point to charlie!

word.

Charlie has been the star of the last 2 tours.

theres moments when I cringe now watching Keef or Ronnie try and play. But Charlie is a beast. A fucking machine. The guy is incredible. Its jaw dropping to watch him play.
February 14th, 2006 05:53 PM
Navin
Whole of Voodoo Lounge
(and the 2 box sets of outtakes Brew and Stew)

"Too Rude" ..."Hold Back"....and many more...
even the dull thud of "Emotional Rescue" can be exciting !!
February 14th, 2006 09:38 PM
speedfreakjive I forgot "Sweethearts Together", what a shuffle.

Charlie is god of drums

February 15th, 2006 12:50 AM
Kilroy "THE CORE OF THE ROLLING STONES IS CHARLIE WATTS HI-HAT" DON WAS
The First Greatest Rock Drummer Gene Krupa, Listen to: Opus 1, Drummin Man, Rockin Chair,Swing Swing Swing, ETC
The Second Greatest Rock Drummer Keith Moon, Won't get Fooled Again, My Wife, My Generation, Subititute, Tommy(anything), I can't Explain,ETC
The Third Greatest Rock Drummer Ringo Starr, Rain, Come Together, Get Back, From me To You, Can't Buy Me Love, She A Woman, ........
The Forth Greatest Rock Drummer and Current Best Charlie Watts any thing the Stones did, Rt 66, Honk tonk Women, Brown Sugar, Paint it Black, Rough Justice,ETC
[Edited by Kilroy]
[Edited by Kilroy]
February 15th, 2006 02:20 AM
mark I have always loved how Charlie will "swing" an outro. My favorite examples are "Let It Bleed" and "Let It Rock". Always just underneath Keith's guitar and Mick's ad libs, nobody rides and accent punches like Charlie Watts.
February 15th, 2006 03:03 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Navin wrote:

even the dull thud of "Emotional Rescue" can be exciting !!

yes it is.Charlie does an incredible job with Ronnie on this one..
February 15th, 2006 11:07 AM
Joey

I have no problem with this analysis .

ss
[Edited by Joey]
February 15th, 2006 12:24 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Kilroy wrote:
"THE CORE OF THE ROLLING STONES IS CHARLIE WATTS HI-HAT" DON WAS
The First Greatest Rock Drummer Gene Krupa, Listen to: Opus 1, Drummin Man, Rockin Chair,Swing Swing Swing, ETC
The Second Greatest Rock Drummer Keith Moon, Won't get Fooled Again, My Wife, My Generation, Subititute, Tommy(anything), I can't Explain,ETC
The Third Greatest Rock Drummer Ringo Starr, Rain, Come Together, Get Back, From me To You, Can't Buy Me Love, She A Woman, ........
The Forth Greatest Rock Drummer and Current Best Charlie Watts any thing the Stones did, Rt 66, Honk tonk Women, Brown Sugar, Paint it Black, Rough Justice,ETC

Ringo Starr ahead of Charlie Watts?

Funny!
February 15th, 2006 07:15 PM
speedfreakjive Add Soul Survivor
February 15th, 2006 07:27 PM
Gazza I did

Great, innit?
[Edited by Gazza]
February 15th, 2006 08:07 PM
speedfreakjive Certainly Is!
Just found another gem.
Doo x5
perfect timing, again.
February 15th, 2006 09:54 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]Kilroy wrote:
"THE CORE OF THE ROLLING STONES IS CHARLIE WATTS HI-HAT" DON WAS

Ringo Starr ahead of Charlie Watts?

Funny!

In Charlies Own Words "Ringo Drums Songs" unlike most drummers who play or add drums to a tune and only keep time". Both Ringo and Charlie Watts are two of the greatest drummers of all time in the Rock world. You can't have the great music that's been done without the great foundation of a great drummer putting down the licks. Nothing funny here but your response. Next..........
February 18th, 2006 01:53 PM
no night together don't forget flip the switch (live of course, we all know the studio story).
February 19th, 2006 12:57 PM
JaggerLips I love Charlie Watts Love Ins they are great!

Have to say

Thru and Thru
Paint it Black
Midnight Rambler
Moon Is Up
Love is Strong
I Go Wild
Rough Justice
Oh No Not You Again
list is endless the man can do no wrong!
February 19th, 2006 01:22 PM
star star The Charlie Watts Bi-monthly Love In. Sounds great! (not sure why i put bimonthly though...!)
February 19th, 2006 01:23 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
no night together wrote:
don't forget flip the switch (live of course, we all know the studio story).

could you tell more for the ignorants like me?
Is it Jim Keltner ?
February 19th, 2006 01:59 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
star star wrote:
The Charlie Watts Bi-monthly Love In. Sounds great! (not sure why i put bimonthly though...!)

Because once a month isn't enough!!!

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)