ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Beacon Theater, NYC - 1st November 2006
© ¿?... Thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Shine a Light" to premiere at Berlin Int'l Film Festival (Update - London premiere info) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
18th January 2008 05:06 PM
Gazza Berlinale's press office have advised me that there will be a screening of the film open to the public the same evening as the premiere (ie, 7th February) (the exact time of which will be announced on January 29 at their website).

Tickets for this can be bought from February 6 on.
21st January 2008 11:16 AM
Gazza from iorr.org today

The Rolling Stones will be in London’s Leicester Square on Wednesday, April 2 as SHINE A LIGHT premieres simultaneously there and at cinemas across UK via live satellite. More details to come soon.
21st January 2008 03:02 PM
luxury1 Oh, this is fun news, Gazza!!
21st January 2008 03:19 PM
PartyDoll MEG Stones...April 2 for the UK!!!

Well what are the "odds" of the old boys making it to NYC on April 4 for the supposed opening of "Shine a Light" in the US? I know a few people who are waiting for this news!
21st January 2008 04:30 PM
Martha I can still see, in my minds eye, Martin and his assistant on stage at MSG near Charlie measuring shots, during at least 6 songs, Friday the 20th 2005. It was a most exciting thing to witness. I knew then & there we would be seeing the fruits of that moment....which made me so happy I wanted to shout it to the world. :-) Thanks LJ, for making that moment possible for me.

xxoo,
Martha
21st January 2008 05:54 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Martha wrote:
I can still see, in my minds eye, Martin and his assistant on stage at MSG near Charlie measuring shots, during at least 6 songs, Friday the 20th 2005. It was a most exciting thing to witness. I knew then & there we would be seeing the fruits of that moment....which made me so happy I wanted to shout it to the world. :-) Thanks LJ, for making that moment possible for me.

xxoo,
Martha

OMG.

It's the 2 year anniversary of the {{{{Summit of the Century}}}}.

We have to do it again and "Shine a Light" will lead us to it.

LJ.

PS..you are SO welcome Martha.
21st January 2008 07:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Stones...April 2 for the UK!!!

Well what are the "odds" of the old boys making it to NYC on April 4 for the supposed opening of "Shine a Light" in the US? I know a few people who are waiting for this news!

well, rs.com advised us they would be there. I guess it'll be a major media blitz that week.

have to say I'm surprised the UK opening appears to be preceding the US one.

Now come on, rs.com - for once, make sure there's an opportunity for the Euro fans to be part of the magic as well as those in the US.
21st January 2008 07:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

OMG.

It's the 2 year anniversary of the {{{{Summit of the Century}}}}.

you're not kidding. At this very moment 2 years ago I was on my way downtown from visiting the Dakota, and was literally 'walking Central Park, singin' after dark'...
21st January 2008 08:13 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Gazza wrote:

you're not kidding. At this very moment 2 years ago I was on my way downtown from visiting the Dakota, and was literally 'walking Central Park, singin' after dark'...

And we KNOW you're CRAZZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEE.

What a great gathering of RO'ers.

Where the hell does time go???

LJ.

21st January 2008 10:31 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Gazza wrote:

have to say I'm surprised the UK opening appears to be preceding the US one.

I'm hearing March 30th for the NY premiere.
21st January 2008 10:49 PM
Bitch Oh the excitment and antipation! Stones appearing in Berlin & London! OK you European's are getting them first! So thats a good! But will the movie sell as well in Europe as in the US? I think not, but I hope they announce we'll get an appearance too!
22nd January 2008 07:13 AM
Gazza I dont think it'll sell well at all, to be honest. Concert movies have a very limited commercial appeal these days, and the Stones' 'target' audience tends to be a bit older than the average cinema-goer. The last time they released a concert movie was 25 years ago (LSTNT) and even at that time it didnt do that great either. (The 'At The Max' film was a different proposition entirely because only certain theatres could show it)

I'll be surprised if its still showing in more than a few places after a couple of weeks.
22nd January 2008 07:34 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I dont think it'll sell well at all, to be honest. Concert movies have a very limited commercial appeal these days, and the Stones' 'target' audience tends to be a bit older than the average cinema-goer. The last time they released a concert movie was 25 years ago (LSTNT) and even at that time it didnt do that great either. (The 'At The Max' film was a different proposition entirely because only certain theatres could show it)

I'll be surprised if its still showing in more than a few places after a couple of weeks.

I agree, but to us fans its a real treat (hopefully)
22nd January 2008 07:57 AM
Gazza Of course - and unlike "At The Max", at least this time I wont have to arrange a holiday in Paris just to see it!
22nd January 2008 08:04 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Of course - and unlike "At The Max", at least this time I wont have to arrange a holiday in Paris just to see it!

haha, didn't they show it at any of thw UK IMAX Cinema's?
I'm gonna have to make sure I get to see it quickly if your predictions are correct, it won't be the same on DVD.
22nd January 2008 11:30 AM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

haha, didn't they show it at any of thw UK IMAX Cinema's?

There was only one in the UK at that time. In Bradford.

Now try and tell YOUR missus she's got the choice of a week's holiday in either Bradford or Paris...

22nd January 2008 01:31 PM
silvertrainlikesmick thanks for the update!
22nd January 2008 06:15 PM
TomL A, will they play?

B. I hope if they do it is the weekend of April 4-6.

C. I will be in Orlando the weekend of the 30th.

D. Man I wish I had two pee pee's.
22nd January 2008 06:18 PM
SweetVirginia Sorry, Tommy, but I can't imagine that they'll appear in London on 4/2 and Berlin on 4/7 but come back to the U.S. to play for you in between....
22nd January 2008 06:19 PM
Gazza
quote:
TomL wrote:
A, will they play?

At a film premiere? I cant imagine its anyway likely.
22nd January 2008 06:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Sorry, Tommy, but I can't imagine that they'll appear in London on 4/2 and Berlin on 4/7 but come back to the U.S. to play for you in between....

Berlin is 7th FEBRUARY, not April.

They WILL be at the NY premiere of the film, according to that info we got from Ultrastar.
22nd January 2008 06:22 PM
SweetVirginia Oh, that's right. So we know it's NY on 3/30 and London on 4/2. Wish we knew more!

22nd January 2008 06:22 PM
TomL Thanks for the info and I will keep my balls crossed.
22nd January 2008 08:22 PM
Bitch A Rocks Off SAL party should go down in NYC! If it's March 30th thats a Sunday so we could get a nice early start! Bloody Marys and Screwdrivers! Is that Easter Sunday? Maybe a walk by Saint Patrick's Cathedral and a little prayer for the hard working people!
22nd January 2008 08:47 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
TomL wrote:
Thanks for the info and I will keep my balls crossed.

I salute you! You are perverted in every single post..

Cheers,

Photobucket
22nd January 2008 09:28 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Sorry we forgot to supply some Puerto Rican girls...
22nd January 2008 09:30 PM
glencar
quote:
Bitch wrote:
A Rocks Off SAL party should go down in NYC! If it's March 30th thats a Sunday so we could get a nice early start! Bloody Marys and Screwdrivers! Is that Easter Sunday? Maybe a walk by Saint Patrick's Cathedral and a little prayer for the hard working people!

Will we (the true fans) be able to get into the premiere? I'm in if I can do it but I have a feeling that the hoi polloi premiere (i.e. we very people!) will be the following Friday, April 4th.
22nd January 2008 09:54 PM
parmeda
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
I'm hearing March 30th for the NY premiere.

awwwwww fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK!!!

Not the 30th...

Any day, but not the 30th dammit
22nd January 2008 09:55 PM
glencar parmeda, I doubt we'd get in anyway. I say we all arrange for the following Friday when it'll be available to us plebeians!
22nd January 2008 09:58 PM
parmeda The following week would work much better

Where's LJ?

She's the resident activity coordinator and needs to put the feelers out, no?
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)