ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Beacon Theater, NYC - 1st November 2006
© ¿?... Thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Shine a Light" to premiere at Berlin Int'l Film Festival (Update - London premiere info) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
22nd January 2008 10:00 PM
glencar Yes but LJ's quite busy with other things. We'll need someone else to step up. Is Joshy still around?
22nd January 2008 10:02 PM
parmeda Yeah, Josh is still around.
But seriously, could you see what direction that would take, lmao
22nd January 2008 10:06 PM
glencar He'd fly all of you in & put you up at the Carlyle - his treat!
22nd January 2008 10:07 PM
SweetVirginia The premiere would be impossible. There are only about 1100 seats in the theater, and a Scorsese film is a very popular premier in NYC.

Much better to plan a big gathering in the city on the 4th or 5th when the film is in general release.

22nd January 2008 10:08 PM
glencar That's what I'm saying!
22nd January 2008 10:12 PM
parmeda
quote:
glencar wrote:
He'd fly all of you in & put you up at the Carlyle - his treat!

I'll bounce that off of him! All he could say is, "um, no..."
22nd January 2008 11:12 PM
Bitch
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
The premiere would be impossible. There are only about 1100 seats in the theater, and a Scorsese film is a very popular premier in NYC.

Much better to plan a big gathering in the city on the 4th or 5th when the film is in general release.

We might catch a glimpse of the red carpet at the premiere! They want publicity, right?

and the night of the movie? no live appearance
22nd January 2008 11:23 PM
parmeda
quote:
Bitch wrote:

We might catch a glimpse of the red carpet at the premiere! They want publicity, right?

and the night of the movie? no live appearance

Hi Bitch - great idea - the scary thing, I have two words in the back of my head just wanting to get shouted out... "Bond Money!"
23rd January 2008 12:05 AM
SweetVirginia ....or "restraining order"......
23rd January 2008 06:52 AM
LadyJane I seriously doubt I would be able to attend.
Too much "real life" stuff to deal with right now.

LJ.
23rd January 2008 08:38 AM
glencar NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23rd January 2008 08:40 AM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check PM.

LJ.
23rd January 2008 10:11 AM
glencar P check PM...
23rd January 2008 01:24 PM
Bitch
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
....or "restraining order"......

yeah, just like the R&R Hall of Fame, right? STALKER!! Trying to bust in without a ticket Yeah, I admit it, I'm a silly, stalking, autograph wanting, shouting waving fan! But I took a chance with the Press Conference and I got into that ~ right up close with no problem! So you never know until you go, especially in NY, sometimes the security is easy and other times NOT!

[Edited by Bitch]
24th January 2008 09:27 AM
SweetVirginia I would have bet money on you getting into the RRHOF event. And I'm betting you will be right next to the red carpet for the SAL premiere! Nothing gets between you and your Stones, Bitch!

24th January 2008 05:52 PM
Bitch
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
I would have bet money on you getting into the RRHOF event. And I'm betting you will be right next to the red carpet for the SAL premiere! Nothing gets between you and your Stones, Bitch!

I could of gotten in for a mere $3000! The tickets cost $15,000 for the R&R Hall of Fame! Most of the people who were there were ultra-wealthy! For example, Theo and Alex, lol.
4th February 2008 10:32 AM
open-g German TV 3SAT will be covering the Berlinale opening live on tv.
on thursday at 19:20 h
http://www.3sat.de/kulturzeit/

Donnerstag, den 07.02.2008

19:20 Uhr

Stereo
Bildformat 16:9
Live aus dem Berlinale Palast

Berlinale 2008 - Die Eröffnung

Moderation: Katrin Bauerfeind
Mit Katrin Bauerfeind, Wir sind Helden u.a.

Im Februar wird Berlin erneut zum Mittelpunkt des Internationalen Films: Die 58. Internationalen Filmfestspiele rollen vom 7. bis zum 17. Februar den roten Teppich vor dem Berlinale Palast aus. Ein internationales Publikum ist gespannt zu sehen, wasder Film an Neuem zu bieten hat. 3sat überträgt dieses Ereignis exklusiv und live. Im Rahmen einer festlichen Gala, moderiert von Katrin Bauerfeind, eröffnet Berlinale-Chef Dieter Kosslick eines der größten Publikumsfestivals der Welt. Für die musikalischen Akzente des Galaprogramms sorgen Wir sind Helden. Bevor die Berlinale eröffnet wird, steht das "Kulturzeit"-Berlinale-Team auf dem roten Teppich und erwartet die geladene Prominenz. Kurze Magazinbeiträge geben einen ersten Ausblick auf Filme des Festivals. Berichtet wird auch vom Eröffnungsfilm der Berlinale. Im Anschluss erwartet das "Kulturzeit"-Berlinale-Team die Gäste der Eröffnungsgala zum Gespräch. Gefragt sind Tipps, wer zu den Favoriten für die Bären 2008 gehört.
4th February 2008 11:08 AM
open-g There's going to be a video stream availlable as well.
http://www.berlinale.de/en/archiv/jahresarchive/2007/06_streaming_2007/06_Streaming_2007.html

to get an idea what's to be expected, have a look at last years opening event, right at the bottom.
4th February 2008 12:44 PM
Gazza Thanks.
6th February 2008 01:22 PM
PartyDoll MEG Hey, open-g....
Have a great time at the movie. Please bring full report and review to RO!!!

This just in:
http://www.undercoverhd.com/news/St...ry.aspx?id=4036

Stones Shine A Light To Premiere At SxSW

by Paul Cashmere - February 5 2008
photo by Ros O'Gorman

The Martin Scorsese directed Rolling Stones movie 'Shine A Light' will have its North American premiere at the SxSW Film Festival in Austin in March.

SxSW holds its Film Festival in the week leading up to the music conference.

Scorese captured the Stones in concert during an intimate performance at The Beacon Theatre in New York for Bill Clinton's 60th birthday party in 2006.

The renowned film-maker had previously created 'No Direction Home: Bob Dylan".

The movie features the former US president as well as Christina Aguilera, Jack White and Buddy Guy.

The first public screening of the movie will be at the Berlin Film Festival later this week.

6th February 2008 02:38 PM
steel driving hammer Will Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman, Ringo Starr or Paul McCartney be there?

Why not?
6th February 2008 06:11 PM
Honky Tonk Man Rated a PG becuuse of smoking? Jesus did a little more than 'weep' Gazza!

Looking forward to the film - should be good.

Maybe I haven't ben reading things properly, but is it getting a nationwide cinema release here in the UK?

6th February 2008 06:38 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Rated a PG becuuse of smoking? Jesus did a little more than 'weep' Gazza!

Looking forward to the film - should be good.

Maybe I haven't ben reading things properly, but is it getting a nationwide cinema release here in the UK?

Hey, Alex..to save you rereading it all here is all that is known from IORR....

"The Rolling Stones will be in London’s Leicester Square on Wednesday, April 2 as SHINE A LIGHT premieres simultaneously there and at cinemas across UK via live satellite. More details to come soon."
7th February 2008 07:45 AM
Gazza The Stones have arrived in Berlin for tonight's premiere.

The German TV channel 3SAT (also available on satellite) will show a programme from the festival from 19.20 to 21.00 tonight (7th February)

There will also be a live stream of the event today, which will be added to the festival site's archives afterwards :

see here for a list of today's events :

http://www.berlinale.de/en/das_festival/videostreaming/index.html

Interesting that Chuck Berry is there too, and Patti Smith is also slated to perform during the festival.

The North American premiere will be at the SXSW Festival in Austin, Texas in March - http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=4036

However it still seems that the Stones will attend the New York premiere.

Thanks to open-g, satisfaction2 and erikjjf for the info.

[Edited by Gazza]
7th February 2008 07:49 AM
Gazza We now have a separate thread stickied at the top of the page specificaly for info and reports from today's premiere :

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/241330-1.html
12th February 2008 08:23 AM
Gazza

Website link for contest :

http://www.shinealightmovie.co.uk/shinealightnight/

[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)