ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Radio City Music Hall, NY 14th March Confirmed (Updated with Ticket Info) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 4th, 2006 01:14 PM
chevysales these will be on ebay by end of day
February 4th, 2006 01:28 PM
charliebbwatts tickets are available right now. I ordered mine last night. $250 seats. See you there !!!
February 4th, 2006 01:35 PM
Flairville How are they available? TM.com doesn't seem to have any?
February 4th, 2006 02:01 PM
charliebbwatts ticketmaster has tickets...Just not in the normal way. You need to poke around and do some research. Just connect the dots on this thing. It's very easy. Just think about the context of this show.
February 4th, 2006 03:22 PM
Michael If you call TM, they will refer you to
the foundation. They will give you a number to call.

Once you have made a donation,
you will still need to request a pw from them,
this is not done automatically.

With the pw, you can go back to TM.
February 5th, 2006 01:01 AM
Gazza Thanks to Eric for sending this info :

Go to this link https://www.robinhood.org/action/action.cfm.
donate $100, and they'll send you a code to buy 6 seats. As of today, there were still plenty of $250 seats left.
February 5th, 2006 10:47 AM
chevysales
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Thanks to Eric for sending this info :

Go to this link https://www.robinhood.org/action/action.cfm.
donate $100, and they'll send you a code to buy 6 seats. As of today, there were still plenty of $250 seats left.

haha...just like our $100. donations to the fanclub.

anyone have a layout of radio city music hall?
February 5th, 2006 11:20 AM
erikjjf
quote:
chevysales wrote:
anyone have a layout of radio city music hall?

February 5th, 2006 04:46 PM
chevysales
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

thank you
February 6th, 2006 11:49 AM
jb I'm still waiting for my "code'. What seats, if any, are left? Hopefully still some floor seats??
[Edited by jb]
February 6th, 2006 12:04 PM
muddy JB,

all price levels still available.
wide open as you'd say.
February 6th, 2006 12:05 PM
jb
quote:
muddy wrote:
JB,

all price levels still available.
wide open as you'd say.

Thanks....
February 6th, 2006 12:42 PM
Joey " is there hole for me to get sick in?"

February 8th, 2006 12:51 PM
glencar I'm in! Just bought a golden ticket...
February 8th, 2006 02:37 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm in! Just bought a golden ticket...

Congratulations Blue .............................

J.
February 8th, 2006 03:44 PM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm in! Just bought a golden ticket...

whats a "golden ticket".

hey to me (and i bet you too) any ticket to a stones show is golden

edit after getting a pdf file of radio city with seating #'s it appears if one goes by color of sections golden is first mezzanine.

thank you to a fellow UnderCover list member who provided this to me and other list members which i pass on to those who may need it.

http://chevysales1.home.comcast.net/radiocity.pdf

[Edited by chevysales]
February 8th, 2006 03:50 PM
jb
quote:
chevysales wrote:

whats a "golden ticket".

hey to me (and i bet you too) any ticket to a stones show is golden

2nd mezzanine
February 8th, 2006 03:54 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
2nd mezzanine

check my link to pdf file (above post).
btw you my friendly dolphan can always view my phinz site by clicking on my helmet/sig.

and add jake scott to list of mvp's who didn't show although those of us dolphans in the know (nice rhyme huh) already realize jake scott never does these or any appearances ever.
jb check out story by dave hyde in sun-sentinal about him today.

HYDE: Former Dolphin Jake Scott elusive as ever
He wasn't in Australia on a long-scheduled vacation as was reported

Published February 8, 2006

Joe Montana skipped Sunday's gathering of the Super Bowl's Most Valuable Players reportedly because he didn't get a $100,000 appearance fee. If true, he looks greedy in the saddest of ways.

Terry Bradshaw missed the MVP march, too, despite gracing Super Bowl Week for corporate deals and interviews and talking on Jay Leno the day after the game. So he cherry-picked his self-promotions in the most human of ways.

Then there's Jake Scott. He was the other absent, surviving MVP. And the former Dolphins safety wasn't off in Australia on a long-scheduled vacation, as was reported, though he'll soon be going there to check on the construction of a custom-built boat.

He was just being Jake. He was home in Hawaii on Sunday, according to his mother. He was watching the Super Bowl with about 30 friends, some visiting from Florida.

"He said he didn't get an invitation to the Super Bowl until a month ago and he'd planned to have those visitors," Mary Scott said from Atlanta. "Maybe he would have gone if he'd been invited earlier. Of course, maybe he wouldn't have."

Probably he wouldn't have. That's part of the enduring mystery of Scott, as well as the entertaining saga of the Super Bowl MVP award that he won primarily because the lone voter slept off a hard night out during the game.

"I think I dozed off before the kickoff, but I woke in time to watch Scott make his [two] interceptions," Dick Schaap wrote in his autobiography. "I wasn't alert enough to watch Manny Fernandez make his [17] tackles."

Scott promptly traded in the luxury car that came with the award for a pickup truck. That fit his personality then. It still does, according to the few who see him. He skips Dolphins reunions, does lucrative card shows maybe once a decade and typically has shrugged at back-slapping affairs dating to 1968, when his mother went to the banquet honoring him as the Southeastern Conference's outstanding player.

"I won't be a slave to money or fame," he said in 1977 in a rare interview.

Former Georgia coach Vince Dooley says he never coached a better athlete, Herschel Walker included. Dooley offered to lobby for Scott's inclusion in the College Football Hall of Fame. He had one stipulation, which was sent through a mutual friend since Scott was incommunicado.

Scott had to promise to show for the ceremony. He declined through the intermediary.

"Wasn't interested," his mom said.

Oh, Scott did make a Super Bowl MVP reunion once in 1986, though it came strictly on his terms. The NFL had an image to keep and asked the MVPs to wear jackets and ties when introduced at the big game. Scott wore jeans and a golf shirt.

"Lots of people mailed me ties after that -- bow ties, dress ties, all kinds of ties," Mary Scott said.

It's not like Scott doesn't have thoughts. He has a uniquely strong personality and, at times, a humorous one. Before playing Super Bowl VI with two broken hands that were kept in casts, he said, "Now when I go to the bathroom I find out who my real friends are."

Upon getting on the team bus before Super Bowl VII and seeing Don Shula looking tense, he said, "What's the matter, you thinking about going down as the losingest coach in Super Bowl history?"

Later came a falling-out with Shula when he was told to shoot up an injured shoulder with numbing drugs before an exhibition game. He refused and was traded to Washington the next day. That's a good part of why he skips Dolphins reunions. And the Super Bowl?

An NFL official said the MVPs were told of the event "months and months ago." The larger question is what legends owe the game after they leave. Answer: Nothing at all.

Montana has said he wanted to watch his children's games last weekend instead of attending the Super Bowl. That sounds right. And maybe it's right his asking price to skip those games for the Super Bowl was $100,000.

Scott, meanwhile, doesn't seem too much above the fray as beyond it. He didn't keep one football from his 35 Dolphin interceptions (still a club record). His mom put his Super Bowl rings in a safe-deposit box when he didn't pay attention to them.

Like his Pro Bowl plaques and All-America certificates, his Super Bowl MVP trophy sits in his childhood home in Atlanta, collecting dust, totally ignored, thousands of miles from where he now lives.

Dave Hyde can be reached at [email protected].

[Edited by chevysales]
February 8th, 2006 04:21 PM
jb Read it and heard Mad Dog Jim Mandich tell us the old war stories. Personally, I think Jake should embrace the past and put the bitterness behind him. He was one hell of a player for his time!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)