ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Radio City Music Hall, NY 14th March Confirmed (Updated with Ticket Info) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 3rd, 2006 04:58 AM
Gazza http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1011723#

This charity show for the Robin Hood Foundation now appears to be confirmed as it's listed on Ticketmaster - no on sale date as yet however.

Sheryl Crow will be the opening act.

Note : In case you're getting excited about a 'theatre show', hold your excitement levels until the ticket prices are made public.

Indications are that tickets for this event may be several thousand dollars apiece.
February 3rd, 2006 07:25 AM
Flairville Well i think we should all go out and buy some Euro millions lottery tickets today. The jackpot is £125 million or 184 million Euro's! We could hire the place and maybe choose the setlist!
February 3rd, 2006 08:51 AM
throbby I don't know how much these tickets are going to be, but I remember the pre tour rumours about the onstage seats costing anywhere from 2.5K to 5K. Was quite amusing to see them offered on TM for 250.00. I'm thinking this will be a similar situation. Seeing that tickets are to be sold to the general public on TM I'm thinking 500.00-1,500.00 depending on seat location to be a realistic price.
February 3rd, 2006 08:58 AM
glencar This would be the last American show of the tour. BTW What's the Robin Hood Foundation?
February 3rd, 2006 09:07 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
glencar wrote:
BTW What's the Robin Hood Foundation?

They battle poverty in NYC.

http://www.robinhood.org/home/home.cfm
February 3rd, 2006 09:18 AM
glencar Thanks for the link! I'll be impoverished if I buy 2 of these tix...
February 3rd, 2006 11:10 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
This would be the last American show of the tour. BTW What's the Robin Hood Foundation?

http://www.robinhood.org

Named after a (possibly mythological) English folk hero of the Middle Ages who was famous for "robbing the rich to give to the poor" (kinda ironic if rumours of these ticket prices are proved correct)

More here :

http://www.robinhood.info/robinhood/legend.html
February 3rd, 2006 12:01 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
glencar wrote:
This would be the last American show of the tour.

What about the rumored return to the U.S. in the fall?
February 3rd, 2006 12:04 PM
jb We shall attend!!!! Hopefully priced reasonably b/t 3-7k range.
glencar Not going to happen.
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Not going to happen.

???????????????????????????
February 3rd, 2006 12:06 PM
glencar Same rumors during the Licks tour. They'll be "too tired to rock" at that point. You know it!
February 3rd, 2006 12:22 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
glencar wrote:
Same rumors during the Licks tour. They'll be "too tired to rock" at that point. You know it!

Money never sleeps!
February 3rd, 2006 12:30 PM
Joey
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

What about the rumored return to the U.S. in the fall?

GimmeExile ..............

My soucres tell me the band had a wonderful time in Omaha this week and plan to come back to Nebraska in the fall .

Now , if you will all excuse me , I have the day off work and will be meeting some individuals for lunch at " Spezia " RIGHT at Noon .

******** END TRANSMISSION *********
February 3rd, 2006 12:33 PM
erikjjf
quote:
glencar wrote:
Same rumors during the Licks tour.

Due to Mick's throat problems towards the end of the European Licks tour, his doctors advised him to not extend the tour with a return to the US. Arena shows were planned in NY, Philly, Chicago, Boston, etc.
February 3rd, 2006 12:43 PM
Joey
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

Due to Mick's throat problems towards the end of the European Licks tour, his doctors advised him to not extend the tour with a return to the US. Arena shows were planned in NY, Philly, Chicago, Boston, etc.

There will be no ' throat ' problems at the end of THIS tour ( see : Baby Steel Magnolia )

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJERKY JOE !
February 3rd, 2006 12:44 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

Swedish Erik, are you confirming a "mini" return US tour? Please admit or deny!!!!
February 3rd, 2006 12:46 PM
erikjjf
quote:
Joey wrote:
There will be no ' throat ' problems at the end of THIS tour ( see : Baby Steel Magnolia )

Damn straight! Young Jake Cohl is making sure of that, by not booking shows on consecutive nights, and by letting the band have a week off after each month of shows.
February 3rd, 2006 12:48 PM
erikjjf
quote:
jb wrote:
Swedish Erik, are you confirming a "mini" return US tour?

The possibility is wide open.
February 3rd, 2006 12:51 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

The possibility is wide open.

Much like many venues this tour!!!
February 3rd, 2006 12:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

I'm sure Charlie for one will be relieved to hear that!

I sense plenty of 'bowel' problems amongst fans in the midwest, however
February 3rd, 2006 01:02 PM
jb Amen------------------------------------------------->"ss
February 3rd, 2006 01:05 PM
GimmeExile A return to the U.S. in the fall will guarantee A BIGGER BANG to be the highest grossing tour of all time. Even U2 won't be able to beat it.
February 3rd, 2006 01:06 PM
throbby We shall attend!!!! Hopefully priced reasonably b/t 3-7k range.

Hey JB! You quoting broker prices? Can't see anything near those prices being asked on TM.
February 3rd, 2006 01:35 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
We shall attend!!!! Hopefully priced reasonably b/t 3-7k range.

Hey JB! You quoting broker prices? Can't see anything near those prices being asked on TM.

Hello Throb!!!! My broker has advised me that the best tickets will be in that range..but he has yet to confirm show.
February 3rd, 2006 02:01 PM
jb Shidoobee just posted it is a private sale!!!!! 250-7500!!!!
February 3rd, 2006 02:03 PM
Saint Sway I will be there.
February 3rd, 2006 02:18 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I will be there.

Me too..I will pay the 7500!!!!
February 3rd, 2006 02:19 PM
Dan
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
A return to the U.S. in the fall will guarantee A BIGGER BANG to be the highest grossing tour of all time. Even U2 won't be able to beat it.

Unless U2 also decides to extend their tour.
February 3rd, 2006 02:21 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Unless U2 also decides to extend their tour.

WE beat those cocksuckers already..Cohl will not allow U2 to win gross or jagger will fire his ass!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)