ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Tony Gale with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: HalfTime Show Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
5th February 2007 09:30 AM
Some Guy Someone said that Prince would never do those Purple Rain songs live again ever, I don't know that may have been the big deal.
5th February 2007 09:45 AM
Gazza Not sure about that. I did read that as he's now a Jehovah's Witness, he wont swear in his records anymore and wont play any songs that contain profanity (thats a fair chunk of the back catalogue gone, then!).

No censorship nightmares for CBS this year, then....if only they'd asked him to do the show about 15 or 20 years ago...
5th February 2007 10:13 AM
Some Guy and according to the Chappelle show, dude can ball!
5th February 2007 10:29 AM
Joey " I thought prince was fucking great. Great Rock NRoll guitarist and the sound was great too. "

5th February 2007 10:45 AM
Jeep Here's the half time show in two parts.
Great Prince performance under the rain yesterday night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sl7UxWWs_c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4CGK7uv1S8

5th February 2007 10:48 AM
gimmekeef He's got that Lil Richard look down pat......Me... I much prefer the Keith Richard look....
5th February 2007 11:03 AM
gimmekeef Some guy in the AP...called the Stones has-beens?......yeah all $432 million of em on ABB?
Qoute:

He delivered one of the best Super Bowl halftime shows — ever. Consequently, he didn't come across as a painfully safe choice — or a has-been, the rap against the previous couple of Super Bowl halftime acts, Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones.

Heres the whole story:
http://www.adelphia.net/news/read.php?ps=1016&id=13434590&_LT=HOME_LARSDCCLM_UNEWS

[Edited by gimmekeef]
5th February 2007 12:18 PM
TampabayStone Awesome performance!! Used the rain like a prop; it made the whole thing more dramatic. The man covers all bases; you just don't find a pair of hot twins like that every day. Glad they got his sound right!
5th February 2007 12:23 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
Awesome performance!! Used the rain like a prop; it made the whole thing more dramatic. The man covers all bases; you just don't find a pair of hot twins like that every day. Glad they got his sound right!

Prince was OK...he shouldn't quit his day job

5th February 2007 12:48 PM
Martha He played a segment of Watchtower, thank you very kindly.

Prince is amazing.

For me( I am not a football fan) it was the best part of the evening.

:-)
5th February 2007 12:53 PM
rasputin56

Too funny. And the best thing was that the media and religious nuts who went apeshit over a second of titties on the TV haven't even caught on to Prince playing with himself.
5th February 2007 01:04 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Too funny. And the best thing was that the media and religious nuts who went apeshit over a second of titties on the TV haven't even caught on to Prince playing with himself.

5th February 2007 01:28 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Jeep wrote:
Here's the half time show in two parts.

Thanks very much, Jeep!
5th February 2007 01:36 PM
new faces
quote:
Jeep wrote:
Here\'s the half time show in two parts.

Thanks! I was just going to go and look for it. What I saw was great, but my friends wouldn\'t stop talking during the whole thing.
5th February 2007 01:43 PM
new faces here\'s the warm up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt03VBg56ZM

5th February 2007 02:39 PM
Saint Sway so who won the Lingerie Bowl?
5th February 2007 02:43 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
so who won the Lingerie Bowl?

dude bust out that Peyton Manning appreciation thread! It'll be huge!
5th February 2007 02:43 PM
Spru
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I think we can all agree that without the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Rolling Stones, this isn't really a Super Bowl.

Right on.
5th February 2007 03:48 PM
kath i tuned in at about the time i thought half time would be....had to watch 6 minutes of first half

but i thought he was great......and the laser/light/marching band thing was just fantastic.

the weather really did help.

he's a great performer, one of the finest guitar players around.

sadly, we ended up watching the rest of the game, but by that time i had other stuff to do.....
5th February 2007 03:59 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
There were those in my group last night that said Prince blew the Stones off the Super Bowl stage.

Also many in THIS group!!
5th February 2007 04:33 PM
pdog Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
5th February 2007 05:56 PM
Soldatti Prince did a great show, maybe the best. The Stones last year was so so, the general public thinks they sucked.
5th February 2007 05:58 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Prince did a great show, maybe the best. The Stones last year was so so, the general public thinks they sucked.

dudes are old.
5th February 2007 05:59 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
and according to the Chappelle show, dude can ball!

In platform boots, even!
5th February 2007 06:01 PM
Some Guy
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

In platform boots, even!

and the same outfit he had on at the club.
5th February 2007 09:45 PM
parmeda
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
In platform boots, even!

I've always liked Prince.
After seeing him live (and up close), it's all about the shoes with this guy! I find myself scouting his feet to see what he's wearing and I wind up being a little jealous. (Fucker has better hi-heels than I do!) Last night was no different for me - and I was actually waiting for him to take a spill on that wet stage - thankfully, he didn't do all that much in dancing around as he usually does.

Besides being a great entertainer - he's got great taste in footwear
5th February 2007 11:01 PM
MP
quote:
CraigP wrote:
MP It's not the Stones fault the sound sucked!

Some foreign recordings sounded great, without the American broadcast's sound errors and without the cencorship. They used to be on UTube.

Yeah, I know, I've heard/seen the European stuff. I know the sound wasn't their fault, but to me personally, it was just a bit disappointing that they seemed to rush thru it with the predicitable war horses, and Mick just didn't seem to be into it totally. I took alot of crap from friends about how old they are and they should hang it up, etc. As a fan, I was kind of hoping they'd come out and prove themselves to the world.LOL Wishful thinking, guess truth is sometimes stranger than fiction... BUT, hey, they're the Stones......we'll always have Exile....
5th February 2007 11:21 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
Gazza wrote:

And your point is..?

Are you suggesting he forgot how to or something? Its called a medley. Medleys have always been a part of any Prince show.

Fuck me, at least he didnt take the easy, predictable route and do a quick run through the hits as well as plugging a song off his most recent album in a vain, last ditch attempt to get some people to buy it

Yeah but gazza. Come on. Medleys in general suck.(except for the stones If you can't Rock me/Get off my Cloud medley). He had 12 mins. He could have ran through 3 killer versions of his own songs.
5th February 2007 11:29 PM
pdog
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:

Yeah but gazza. Come on. Medleys in general suck.(except for the stones If you can't Rock me/Get off my Cloud medley). He had 12 mins. He could have ran through 3 killer versions of his own songs.

And he could've brought up Justin and Britney too!
I'm not a Prince fan by any stretch... I know this: He has talent, and he ia a pure artist, in the sense, he does what he feels like doing, not what he thinks people want to see him do.... Sets him light years past The current Stones mindset! If Jagger had those balls, we'd see a much more cooler Stones show, and far from a stadium size show...
6th February 2007 08:16 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Prince is one of the greatest musicians to have ever lived. The fact that we are comparing him to the stones in this thread is testament to his talent. Prince is one man who writes all of his own music and lyrics, the rolling stones are, at very least, two brilliant songwritters (Mick and Keith). And lets be honest guys, the Stones have come up with some crap as well.

I think Prince deserves all of the praise he gets for his musical efforts these days. Gazza is right, at least he didnt try and plug something and he looked like he just wanted to entertain.

He played a set at the Brit awards a year or two back and he was only in the UK to plug 3121. However, he still played a blinding set there.

He is genius. Watch this for a real lesson in how to play the axe!

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)