ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Tony Gale with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: HalfTime Show Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
4th February 2007 08:16 PM
CraigP Prince sucks. The assholes at the soundboard should have botched his sound instead of the Stones. Cunts.
4th February 2007 08:20 PM
sirmoonie I think we can all agree that without the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Rolling Stones, this isn't really a Super Bowl.
4th February 2007 08:28 PM
lotsajizz Prince was better than Britney!
4th February 2007 08:38 PM
prodigalson I thought prince was fucking great. Great Rock NRoll guitarist and the sound was great too.
4th February 2007 08:41 PM
deuce Prince sounded great
4th February 2007 08:50 PM
Lavendar PRINCE was GREAT!
WOWZA

RAVE UNTO THE JOY FANTASTIC,
oh Yah that was 2000 *_-
4th February 2007 09:33 PM
Olivia1962 Uh prince? Fergie? wow thats sad it was horible
4th February 2007 09:38 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I think we can all agree that without the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Rolling Stones, this isn't really a Super Bowl.

Correct, or the Bears Winning Ugly.

4th February 2007 09:52 PM
Paranoid_Android An INCREDIBLE show...the best halftime in years!!!! I heard the rehearsals of Watchtower and the Foo Fighter song (whose name I dont know)...THEY SOUNDED GREAT last week...they were great tonite> All the songs...I had chills the entire time!!!
4th February 2007 10:08 PM
fireontheplatter i enjoyed prince
i mean he isn't THAT bad
the stage was cool, the lights and fireworks were cool too
4th February 2007 10:36 PM
tumbled did you notice similarities with prince's stage and the stones stage. i would venture to say that the stones laid the groundwork for the billowing stage light show and fireworks that prince had tonight...but the halftime hype is almost nauseating
4th February 2007 10:49 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Purple Rain in that deluge was sublime...
4th February 2007 10:59 PM
MP At the risk of repeating meself...I just posted on the othrer thread about him...but..let me just say that last year, I hated to admit it, but the Stones sucked. Lots of people kept telling me so, knowing that I was a fan, they cautiously asked what I thought, then just went ahead and told me how awful they were. At first I was angry...then I watched the clip again, and thought and thought about it...and came to the conclusion...yes they did suck. Now this year, as I sat and watched Prince, I remembered how much I used to enjoy his stuff and thought maybe I'll listen to it again....how many people thought that last year? They raced thru it last year, and the sound sucked, and it was just a mess. Just my humble opinion....
4th February 2007 11:09 PM
Bloozehound Maybe it's just me, but I really don't get the "Prince is the greatest thing since sliced bread" bandwagon that I've noticed gathering steam the past few years

[Edited by Bloozehound]
4th February 2007 11:24 PM
rnbbird Prince was killer...no new bandwagon here...the 1999 album was in 1983, and he opened up for the Stones in 81. Covering the Foo's Best of You fucking rocked!
The Stones were great last year, Prince this time...and as for the stage, U2 had the elipse stage with people in the middle long before last year's awesome tongue stage.
Peace!
4th February 2007 11:46 PM
Bloozehound nope nope

Bandwagon Prince fans are coming out of the woodworks in record droves, it's all the rage these days

being a Bandwagon Prince fan is even cooler than sportin a Corona Beer t-shirt

[Edited by Bloozehound]
5th February 2007 01:25 AM
Altamont it was gayer than a gaggle of gay geeses.

not that there's anything wrong with that, right?
5th February 2007 01:28 AM
CraigP MP It's not the Stones fault the sound sucked!

Some foreign recordings sounded great, without the American broadcast's sound errors and without the cencorship. They used to be on UTube.
5th February 2007 02:00 AM
Taptrick
Fergie was there? Did she piss her pants this time?

5th February 2007 02:49 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
the stage was cool, the lights and fireworks were cool too

You forgot to mention the most important part, the music.

He didn't complete ANY songs!

Just as long as the guitars play!

He didn't!
5th February 2007 08:25 AM
corgi37 Man, this Superbowl shit is so bad. The game itself is deadly dull. Gimme Aussie Rules anyday. No frigging time outs or changing of virtually the whole team.

And no faggy padding!
5th February 2007 08:40 AM
gimmekeef To be fair...with a driving rain etc on an open stage...I thought it was okay...lots of dubbed in guitar but...considering the usual crap at half time...He was a solid B....But that Aunt Gemima doo rag...well....pass the syrup!
5th February 2007 09:04 AM
Gazza
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

You forgot to mention the most important part, the music.

He didn't complete ANY songs!

And your point is..?

Are you suggesting he forgot how to or something? Its called a medley. Medleys have always been a part of any Prince show.

Fuck me, at least he didnt take the easy, predictable route and do a quick run through the hits as well as plugging a song off his most recent album in a vain, last ditch attempt to get some people to buy it
5th February 2007 09:08 AM
full moon Prince was great. The guitar playing made the Stones look like children. Get a clue. Most here need a dose of reality and a little bit of taste.
5th February 2007 09:13 AM
Some Guy There were those in my group last night that said Prince blew the Stones off the Super Bowl stage.
5th February 2007 09:14 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:

And your point is..?

Are you suggesting he forgot how to or something? Its called a medley. Medleys have always been a part of any Prince show.

Fuck me, at least he didnt take the easy, predictable route and do a quick run through the hits as well as plugging a song off his most recent album in a vain, last ditch attempt to get some people to buy it

Gee...you still picking on the Macca half time show?...lol
5th February 2007 09:16 AM
charlotte Solid performance...damn good dancers(holy moby dick)
5th February 2007 09:18 AM
Jumping Jack The Pug must be humiliated this morning.
5th February 2007 09:26 AM
Gazza
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
There were those in my group last night that said Prince blew the Stones off the Super Bowl stage.

personal taste, I guess. I thought the Stones were fine, but you could have predicted what they were going to play as soon as their appearance was announced. 12 minutes = 2 warhorses and a plug for the new album. The only question was what would be the 2nd warhorse after Start Me Up.

I enjoyed the Stones' more because I prefer their music to Prince, but I thought his set was more innovative and less predictable.
5th February 2007 09:27 AM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Gee...you still picking on the Macca half time show?...lol

LOL..oh fuck, dont get me started on HIM.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)