ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Recording "I Wanna Be Your Man" - De Lane Lee Studios, London 7th October 1963
© Gus Coral
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Plans for Stone's 2004-2005 tour? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
01-28-04 09:10 PM
stonedatbirth666 Are there any palns for a tour or new album?
01-28-04 09:14 PM
Gazza yes
01-28-04 09:21 PM
Madafaka We hope both
01-28-04 10:27 PM
Soul Survivor I am undecided on this subject

Of course I want the boys to tour again, but is it really inside of them to come up with something great albumwise?

Well, Ronnie's sober now....that could enhance the band on a studio album. Charlies good as ever, Mick's voice is great, and Keith is Keith. If they make a new album, I want it just to be the band, with harldy any outside help. You know? Fuck Bernard on back up vocals, put Keith on backups!
[Edited by Soul Survivor]
01-28-04 11:03 PM
glencar I want a new album before any more tours.
01-28-04 11:57 PM
Mr T they wont tour again without an album. I mean - they only did it this last tour - its not like they've had a tendancy to do this, so I wouldn't worry about that.

as far as backup... all their best records had backup. Exile especially, Let It Bleed, plus I like Bernard's voice a lot better than Keith (in fact after this tour I'd say he's gotta work on his voice). A couple of just Stones tracks would always be cool though
01-29-04 08:42 AM
quackenbush With the last tour they had the backing of a greatest hits album that had four new songs on it. They don't necessarily need a new album out in order to sell tickets to one of their concerts. But in order to entice me, they would have to reduce ticket prices and push the envelope a little more.
No more stadiums for me either, thank you very much.
01-29-04 10:24 AM
glencar I had no problems with stadium shows. They usually put on a great show & you can move around easily if you want to.
01-29-04 01:35 PM
Angiegirl Yeah, great shows, but poor music.
01-29-04 01:37 PM
LadyJane Well I don't know about anyone else, but the Twickenham Stadium Show was FANTASTIC...musically speaking that is.

LJ.
01-29-04 01:38 PM
steel driving hammer They always do it bigger and better than the last one, but it's gonna be extremely hard to top the Licks Tour which kicked fucking ass all over the place.

LOL.
01-29-04 01:39 PM
nankerphelge The two stadium shows I saw were great.
It is amazing to watch them work a crowd that big, even if the set list is well-worn.
01-29-04 03:15 PM
Snappy McJack The stadium shows are a mark of the Stones.

One of the few, if not only bands that can cut it in a football stadium. It would be great for them to lower ticket prices for stadiums and arenas and charge more for the theatre shows.

Oh yes. And what do you think will be the opening song next tour? For each venue (assuming they do the three venue thing again):

Arenas: Has to be another hit. Frankly, it's hard for me to think of one that hasn't been used already. How about "Paint It, Black"....

Stadiums: "Sympathy"

Theatre: "Satisfaction"

[Edited by Snappy McJack]
01-29-04 03:21 PM
Child of the Moon Maybe they'll follow the pattern this time for opening songs. They kind of did on Licks, with Brown Sugar being the opener for most stadium shows. So if they followed the pattern, we'd be getting Honky Tonk Women for some kind of show opener.

The pattern, by the way, has roughly gone: Satisfaction, JJF, Brown Sugar, HTW, (two "urprises" in a row, '78 and '81-'82), Start Me Up, (surprise, '94), then back to Satisfaction and JJF. They threw a curveball this time around with SFM and Start Me Up...

Eh, I'm hoping for a Not Fade Away-style surprise!
01-29-04 04:36 PM
erikjjf My thoughts for the next tour:
-no stadium shows
-opener in arenas: Sympathy
-encore in arenas: Midnight Rambler
-opener in theatres: Around And Around or Down The Road Apiece
-encore in theatres: Rip This Joint
-surprises: Soul Survivor, Let It Loose, Slave, Through The Lonely Nights, Shake Your Hips, Time Is On My Side, Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Dance Little Sister, Jigsaw Puzzle...

/Erik
01-29-04 04:40 PM
Joey

Licks Tour :

Best Stones Yet !!!!

For 2004 / 2005 :

Like to see a " Tour of the Americas " as the boys completely ignored Central and South America last time whilst North America only got fifty shows and thirty of those were in NYC , Chicago and LA .

What ?!?!?! Oh Yeah ..................................

Well

Jacky !

01-29-04 11:24 PM
glencar But if they just do the big 3 cities they'll be able to perform many more concerts. Traveling around takes up valuable concert time.
01-30-04 12:14 AM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:

Eh, I'm hoping for a Not Fade Away-style surprise!

Great idea. Why not something different?

How about:

All Down the Line
Shattered
Live With Me

Or like you say, something that would be shocking! Something that they have not done in years! How about "She's So Cold" or "Around and Around" or something to that effect?

I'm sure that they'll want something frest the next time out. Heck, why not release a new album before a tour and find a new opener? Get some buzz b4 you hit the road.
01-30-04 08:30 AM
luxury1 I am out of my Stones Forty Licks debt.
REady with a spanking clean credit card. Bring it on boys......
01-30-04 08:41 AM
Moonisup a back the roots album would be nice.

[Edited by Moonisup]
01-30-04 09:50 AM
Joey " But if they just do the big 3 cities they'll be able to perform many more concerts. Traveling around takes up valuable concert time. "

Yeah , but they can't ignore St. Louis again or else Johnnie Johnson will rip Keith a new one .

And for Christ's sakes , no more shows in Germany and Japan . WTF ?!?!?! Both of those nations got forty concerts apiece last time . Why ?!?! WHY ?!?!

Jercee

01-30-04 10:46 AM
nankerphelge I have to admit -- I feel a bit like a shit today.

Last nite, on the Discovery Channel, they had a special about the shuttle Columbia's demise last February 1st.

They showed pictures of the crew in the shuttle just before it broke apart over the United States.

They showed animation of what likely happened to the doomed craft as it re-entered the Earth's atmosphere.

And do you know what ran through my mind?

I was on my way to Denver for an appointment with the world's greatest R&R band, my RO buddies, and the famed chiba chariot!

Is that so wrong?
01-30-04 11:42 AM
glencar That's a year ago already? Wow. No, you're not a shit. It's normal to think about what you were doing at the time of a terrible event. I remember I was doing laundry when Joshy made the transition.
01-30-04 11:42 AM
glencar Joey, yes the Stones should continue to do shows in Japan & Germany. Otherwise all those people will come here for the shows. The Japanese fans are highly aggressive.
01-30-04 12:03 PM
LadyJane Don't feel too bad, Nanky!

I remember being in Vegas for the 020803 show and seeing all the flags at half mast. I felt terrible that I had forgotten all about Columbia because I was so stoked about the Stones!!!

I rationalized it this way.....The shuttle disaster just goes to show how precious and short life is. Therefore, we must live each day to the fullest and see EVERY STONES SHOW WE POSSIBLY CAN!!!

LJ.

01-30-04 12:28 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Please let them stop.
01-30-04 12:32 PM
Joey " I was on my way to Denver for an appointment with the world's greatest R&R band, my RO buddies, and the famed chiba chariot!

Is that so wrong? "

Oh Hell No My Stonesian Brother !!!!! In life , you have three certainties :

Death ...........!

Taxes ...........!

........and Mick and Keith !

I too was on my way to Denver that day with an appointment with the Worlds Greatest Rock and Roll Band , my RO Buddies , and a date outside the PCenter Box Office trying to score some " just released " MF Tickets ( Which I got by the way -- the last ones too !!!! ) ! Mongo !

As I drove the seven hour trek to Downtown Denver , the temperature outside kept getting hotter and hotter ( Eighty Five Degrees that February 1st Day in Eastern Colorado , it hit seventy-eight in Denver -- Great Omen ! )

Didn't learn about the shuttle tragedy until I arrived at the Hard Rock and greeted the news the only way possible : Promptly Ordered a Guinness !

Jacky !
01-30-04 12:32 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Please let them stop.

Who..the Stones???

LJ.
01-30-04 12:35 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Who..the Stones???

LJ.

YES!
01-30-04 12:53 PM
Glimmer I agree with Soul Survivor. Let Keith & Mick do the backup vocals. Bernard's a great singer but he isn't part of the core Stones and that is what I want to hear...even if Keith's voice is a bit rough.
Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH