ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1981 Stand still from LSTNT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Do you like where you live? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
31st January 2007 05:35 PM
Carol Sigmaringa
quote:
glencar wrote:
Always thought you were Italian...

Because of my name?! It's a saint name. São Fidelis de Sigmaringa. But I don't know where he is from...
31st January 2007 09:32 PM
tumbled joey fire on the platter came to visit and we went to the top of the wash monument and took that picture of the white house and then he suggested that I changemy avatar to the old album cover here with which I took a picture of and now he is back in new york and I am stuck here.

everyplace can be a dump its what you make out of your dump that matters righto.

this is what I am seeing outside 10 pm 1/31/07:

pretty cool "moon dog" tonight
[Edited by tumbled]
31st January 2007 10:59 PM
Water Dragon Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The exact Full Moon in Leo will be Friday, Feb. 1st, in the evening (for those inhabiting the Northern Hemisphere.)
31st January 2007 11:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I only have lived in two cities: Mexico City and New York City (2 years) so I love big cities and can stand pollution, corruption, heavy traffic, and everything as long as it's fun-city... Love where I live within the city as it's the equivalent to the Greenwich Village, a lot of artists, actresses, musicians, and cool people live near my house, and it's in the center of the city... wrong thing is that since October I use to go to the plant instead of the headquarters 4 or 5 days a week

OB Frank Zappa: Home is where the heart is
31st January 2007 11:06 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
tumbled wrote:
joey fire on the platter came to visit and we went to the top of the wash monument and took that picture of the white house and then he suggested that I changemy avatar to the old album cover here with which I took a picture of and now he is back in new york and I am stuck here.

everyplace can be a dump its what you make out of your dump that matters righto.

this is what I am seeing outside 10 pm 1/31/07:

pretty cool "moon dog" tonight
[Edited by tumbled]

Beautiful. I was checkin' out the very same thing from my window tonight. Very pretty hangin' over the river.
31st January 2007 11:10 PM
steel driving hammer Well this is our UFO in Champaign.

Stones actually played here in 69.

1st February 2007 06:29 AM
Homercles I live in the remotest capital city in the world - Perth Western Australia. We're closer to Indonesia than we are to any other capital city in Australia. Apparently Perth is dull, but I love it because we have great weather, great beaches, no poker machines,heaps of great bands & musicians - Eskimo Joe,B Bon Scott grew up here, & heaps of hot women eg Megan Gale the model is from Perth.
1st February 2007 01:03 PM
nanatod I live five blocks west of this:

I prefer the 2005 World Champion White Sox, though.

Also, I live seven blocks due south of her house:

And, I live a block north of his old house:

[Edited by nanatod]
1st February 2007 02:10 PM
pdog Steve Albini will always be Chicagos greatest rock and roll export!
1st February 2007 02:44 PM
Sir Stonesalot I live in the middle of fuckin' nowhere amoungst a bunch of redneck fuckin' dinks. It sucks. It's the bunghole of the planet, and nothin' ever fuckin' happens here.

But I have a nice house, a big fuckin' music collection, and a cool fuckin' car.

So it's all good, ya fuckin' know?
1st February 2007 05:35 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I only have lived in two cities: Mexico City and New York City (2 years) so I love big cities and can stand pollution, corruption, heavy traffic, and everything as long as it's fun-city... Love where I live within the city as it's the equivalent to the Greenwich Village, a lot of artists, actresses, musicians, and cool people live near my house, and it's in the center of the city...

OB Frank Zappa: Home is where the heart is

quote:
JB wrote:
Homeless eat a lot of high carb foods like Beans, potatos, etc..also, massive beer intake.

1st February 2007 05:37 PM
Joey " Well this is our UFO in Champaign. "

1st February 2007 06:03 PM
nanatod
quote:
pdog wrote:
Steve Albini will always be Chicagos greatest rock and roll export!

But he was born in Pasadena, and lived in Missoula, Montana, until he graduated from high school. He only came to Evanston, Illinois to go to college at Northwestern University.

He's not a true "Chicago export."

1st February 2007 06:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I live in a place called Tooting in the south west of London.

I live close enough to the city centre to go and party, but far enough out to be away from the violence and noise!

I like it

1st February 2007 06:28 PM
Gazza
quote:
Carol Sigmaringa wrote:

Because of my name?! It's a saint name. São Fidelis de Sigmaringa. But I don't know where he is from...

here's your answer, Carol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Fidelis_of_Sigmaringen
1st February 2007 06:43 PM
Carol Sigmaringa
quote:
Gazza wrote:

here's your answer, Carol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Fidelis_of_Sigmaringen

Thank you, Gazza!
My grandmother once told me something about him, but I didn't remember the details...

2nd February 2007 05:17 PM
Jumacfly

[Edited by Jumacfly]
2nd February 2007 06:53 PM
monkey_man SF Kicks Ass!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
2nd February 2007 08:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I don't really know much about this latest "plot" in Britain. But this whole post 9/11 mindset in the US and Great Britain kind of reminds me of that great Twilight Zone episode called "The Monsters are due on Maple Street."
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
2nd February 2007 08:51 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The monsters are due on Maple street.

"The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices - to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own - for the children, and the children yet unborn. And the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone."

2nd February 2007 08:55 PM
lotsajizz too true
2nd February 2007 09:12 PM
BabiKeef Sure it's ok in N.C.but there's nothing to do.
2nd February 2007 09:12 PM
Riffhard Please watch Obsession and then get back to me. Let's just pretend that Bush is just using scare tactics and that millions of brainwashed radical Islamic fucktards don't really want us all dead. That will work! Let's pretand that Amahwhathisfuck of Iran really does not want to wipe Israel off the map and obtain nukes. That will work! Let's pretend that Bush made matters worse by taking the fight to the fucktards that want us all dead! That will work! While were at it let's pretend that Clinton did anything to prevent 9/11/01 during his watch. Let's pretend that Bubba tried to defeat these radical fucktards! That wil help!

For fuck's sake guys wake up and take a look at what these asshats are doing around the globe! Try and stow your Bush hatered for just one goddamned minute and take a look at what is really happening!

Please go here-->http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/ and get a few facts before you so easily dismiss what these animals are really all about. Ya bunch of Nevilles!!

Oh,and one more thing. What exactly did Sandy Berger steal? Why is the media not all over this story?! National Security personel from the archives have stated that he destroyed many original documents that can never be replaced!! What the fuck did this man destroy and coverup?!?! I think we all know!

Riffy
2nd February 2007 09:25 PM
Brainbell Jangler Don't worry, Riffy. We'll have the last laugh. By the time the towel-heads take over the planet, we'll have finished making it uninhabitable.

[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
2nd February 2007 09:32 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Don't worry, Riffy. We'll have the last laugh. By the time the towel-heads take over the planet, we'll have finished making it uninhabitable.

So I take that to mean that you are buying into the whole humans cause global warming bullshit,huh BJ? In six short years Bush has even managed to destroy the planet's climate! And you guys think this man is dumb?! He's an evil genius! Admit it!

Riffy
2nd February 2007 09:36 PM
pdog I admit it...LOL
Nix that Rove is an evil genius, and Gore is his pawn....
We're only gonna die!
2nd February 2007 09:36 PM
pdog I need a Riffy and fiji pic... for my slideshow...
2nd February 2007 09:48 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

So I take that to mean that you are buying into the whole humans cause global warming bullshit,huh BJ? In six short years Bush has even managed to destroy the planet's climate! And you guys think this man is dumb?! He's an evil genius! Admit it!

Riffy

Yeah, right, it's bullshit. The current scientific consensus (if you don't count oil industry hacks) is a 90% certainty that human activity is causing climate change. If you take your boy Cheney's 1% principle (If there's a 1% chance of terrorists attacking, we must treat it as a certainty.), wouldn't there be SOME reason for concern? Or does the 1% principle only apply to conditions that give Cheney and his boys more power, not to those that might hurt his croneys' profits?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070202/ap_on_sc/france_climate_change_43
2nd February 2007 09:54 PM
pdog Industrial emmisions as well as auto are not only safe, but good for the planet. There also really good to breath in...
didn't you guys ever run or ride a bike behind a bus? you can tell by the why your body reacts, it wants to breath in deep and savor the smell. if it was bad, why would we keep this stuff so close to the earth on hot days in the form of smog...
Next thing you guys are going to tell me radiation is bad....
2nd February 2007 10:00 PM
Brainbell Jangler "Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do."--Ronald Reagan (1981)

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)