ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1981 Stand still from LSTNT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Do you like where you live? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
2nd February 2007 10:04 PM
pdog
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
"Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do."--Ronald Reagan (1981)

Especially when they are on fire, better to chop them all down and make them into paper...
2nd February 2007 10:04 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Yeah, right, it's bullshit. The current scientific consensus (if you don't count oil industry hacks) is a 90% certainty that human activity is causing climate change. If you take your boy Cheney's 1% principle (If there's a 1% chance of terrorists attacking, we must treat it as a certainty.), wouldn't there be SOME reason for concern? Or does the 1% principle only apply to conditions that give Cheney and his boys more power, not to those that might hurt his croneys' profits?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070202/ap_on_sc/france_climate_change_43

Wrong. There is no consensus at all. None! 90%!!!! Funny stuff! You dismiss the oil folks,understandably,for an obvious bias. Then you readily accept what a UN political group says without question?!?! Gee,think that maybe,just maybe,they have an agenda too BJ?! For every article that you could give me that says there is a human cause I could rebutt it with one that says it's normal climatic cycles. These same exact gullible asshats that are saying that the earth is warming because of human activity were saying that a new ice age was coming because of human activity only 25 years ago. Junk science at best,and more to the point,a money grab for billions upon billions in pointless research.

Why was the earth warmer by seven to nine degrees in the 1300's? Why is the antartic ice sheet growing at the fastest rate in centuries? Why was Greenland called Greenland? Because it was Green once upon a time!!

I think it was George Carlin who said,"When the earth's done with us it'll shake us off like a pesky case of the crabs. Then it will be the earth plus styrofoam."

He's got it.

Riffy

2nd February 2007 10:10 PM
pdog Actually Riffy, they named Greenland to keep people from going to iceland... It was a rouse to avoid getting visitors, literally... Iceland and Greenland are both the opposite of their names....
2nd February 2007 10:45 PM
tumbled 'mick do you want the rest of this? 'proceed to roll... '

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uLcJZX-XU0&mode=related&search=keith%20richards
2nd February 2007 11:30 PM
pdog
3rd February 2007 12:07 AM
Brainbell Jangler Bad news, Riffy. That ten grand that Exxon/Mobil is offering to anyone willing to debunk the new global warming study only goes to those with scientific credentials, so you won't be getting a check for spouting the oil companies' propaganda.

[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
3rd February 2007 12:35 AM
tumbled good news here in wash dc. they are adding more trains for us to ride on. right on... riffhard cheer up chill out its not us v.them its us gotta learn to adjust.
3rd February 2007 01:36 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
tumbled wrote:
'mick do you want the rest of this? 'proceed to roll... '

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uLcJZX-XU0&mode=related&search=keith%20richards

wow!!!!
now there is some early footage of mick and keith for ya
thank you for that
3rd February 2007 02:54 PM
pdog The global warming and stem cell divides really make me wonder. Seriously, we are arguing over things that can improve our lives and secure a better future. for this to be so hotly debated on both sides just shows me, that maybe we are deserving of extinction. We have no probem killing people in Iraq to make us "safer"... But god forbid we use cells, that will be discarded anyway...or cut back on emmisions, which are bad to breath and pollute water and cause cancer, regardless if the atmosphere is deflecting heat back on us...
Is it just me, or is this how the round planet people felt when facing off against the flat planet people....
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
[Edited by pdog]
3rd February 2007 03:52 PM
keefjunkie pittsburgh is awesome.
4th February 2007 07:28 AM
let it loose 27 I live in a small village in the North of France, near Lille.

And I don't like French people. (there are exceptions).

I want to live in England (London) or Chicago !! The town of the Blues !
4th February 2007 08:44 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
pdog wrote:
Is it just me, or is this how the round planet people felt when facing off against the flat planet people.... [Edited by pdog]

You hit the nail on the head....
4th February 2007 10:51 PM
Olivia1962
quote:
mickmask wrote:

Is it on a boat?

mm.

No its not. Its a Town were everyone is mindless. And i am finaly moving to San francisco in a month.
5th February 2007 12:45 AM
Brainbell Jangler I love my home.

Planet Earth: Love it or leave it.
5th February 2007 01:23 AM
CraigP nanatod: Have you ever met Corgan???

The pumpkins are back to release an album soon.
5th February 2007 09:24 AM
nanatod
quote:
CraigP wrote:
nanatod: Have you ever met Corgan???
The pumpkins are back to release an album soon.

I was in the room when they played a small record store in-store when they were first starting out, and I've been to shows that he's been to, and I saw him solo at the WTTW anniversary show, but I've never formally met him one to one.

Pumpkins have been working on that album for almost a year, and they are allegedly only 1/2 done. They are touring Germany or Austria for two dates in the summer; it is believed that they will play other places as well. There is a lot of unfounded (so far) speculation that they will headline Lollapalooza in Chicago's Grant Park August 3-5th.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)