ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Superbowl halftime show, Ford Field, Detroit February 5, 2006
© Frank Micelotta, with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones on NFL Network Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 2nd, 2006 04:07 PM
Nellcote Anyone see the presser which was on today?
February 2nd, 2006 04:10 PM
glencar That channel isn't on Dish Network, I guess. Damn!
February 2nd, 2006 04:11 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Anyone see the presser which was on today?

Tom Brady will be a guest on "Queer Nation"?
February 2nd, 2006 04:12 PM
Nellcote NFL Network is a football fans heroin.
They get all of the Thursday/Saturday night games this year.
Call your provider today!
February 2nd, 2006 04:13 PM
Nellcote JB wrote:

"Tom Brady will be a guest on "Queer Nation"?"

Sorry, he has a sports hernia from beating the crap out of Dan Marino for the years of picking against The Pats
February 2nd, 2006 04:15 PM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB wrote:

Sorry, he has a sports hernia from beating the crap out of Dan Marino for the years of picking against The Pats

Hernias, who hasn't got one?
February 2nd, 2006 04:16 PM
Ihavelotsajam COuld you tell us what they said, for those who haven't seen it (like me).
February 2nd, 2006 04:24 PM
jb Brady may have won the rings, but never compare him to the greatest pure passer to ever play...........Dan "the man" marino was a man playing against boys. The only guy who comes close is manning, but even he does not throw the ball like dan did....a little less arm strenght and aided by quick artificial turf and great running back.
February 2nd, 2006 04:34 PM
winter
quote:
jb wrote:
Brady may have won the rings, but never compare him to the greatest pure passer to ever play...........Dan "the man" marino was a man playing against boys. The only guy who comes close is manning, but even he does not throw the ball like dan did....a little less arm strenght and aided by quick artificial turf and great running back.

Yes, never compare Brady, a three-time World Champion, to the two of the biggest chokers in NFL history. Too bad the "boys" always found a way to beat "the man", and he never got a "ring".

Yours truly,

wintah
February 2nd, 2006 04:35 PM
jb Marino a Choker? 2nd in all time wins behind Elway? Over 40 4th quarter come-backs...yeh, big choker..He got to the game big game as the youngest QB, and sadly, never had a team good enough to go back. Brady is chocking on a big ---.....and Boston sucks!!!

[Edited by jb]
February 2nd, 2006 04:41 PM
Nellcote JB, you & I will forever be territorial in the Brady/Marino discussion.
I will never capitulate to diminish anything Brady has done.
Don't even think Manning is in the same league as Brady.
Manning is the biggest fraud since his father.
A choke artist without equal.
Brady's achievements since 2001 are without equal.
February 2nd, 2006 04:43 PM
White House Lawn A buddy of mine saw it and sent me the following--I assume he's talking about Mick in the first section:

"Holy shit! Someone just asked him if the networks and the NFL were uptight about the Stones' performance after Janet's titty debacle a couple years back, and he said "Well, the censors will always be concerned about how many times you plan to say 'fuck' on the air..."!

And Keith, when asked what he thinks of the joke that says "After a nuclear war, the only things left will be cockroaches and you", said he plans to eat the cockroaches if that actually happens.

God bless live TV."
February 2nd, 2006 04:43 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB, you & I will forever be territorial in the Brady/Marino discussion.
I will never capitulate to diminish anything Brady has done.
Don't even think Manning is in the same league as Brady.
Manning is the biggest fraud since his father.
A choke artist without equal.
Brady's achievements since 2001 are without equal.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-petcem30.html
February 2nd, 2006 04:51 PM
gimmekeef So guys ..guys...what was on the NFL Network though?...lol...oh and for my 2 cents... Marino and Brady are/were magnificent but if I had to win one game...Its Montana...
February 2nd, 2006 05:01 PM
winter
quote:
jb wrote:
Marino a Choker? 2nd in all time wins behind Elway? Over 40 4th quarter come-backs...yeh, big choker..He got to the game big game as the youngest QB, and sadly, never had a team good enough to go back. Brady is chocking on a big ---.....and Boston sucks!!!

[Edited by jb]

Brady is the youngest quarterback to win a Super Bowl, Marino is the youngest quarterback to lose one. Marino is 2nd in all-time non-Super Bowl wins and has over 40 non-Super Bowl 4th quarter comebacks. Bottom line is Marino never won the big one. Let's also not forget how much the Marx brothers (Duper and Clayton), not to mention cocaine, helped his performance and stats on the field.

wintah,

wintah
February 2nd, 2006 05:12 PM
glencar
quote:
White House Lawn wrote:
A buddy of mine saw it and sent me the following--I assume he's talking about Mick in the first section:

"Holy shit! Someone just asked him if the networks and the NFL were uptight about the Stones' performance after Janet's titty debacle a couple years back, and he said "Well, the censors will always be concerned about how many times you plan to say 'fuck' on the air..."!

And Keith, when asked what he thinks of the joke that says "After a nuclear war, the only things left will be cockroaches and you", said he plans to eat the cockroaches if that actually happens.

God bless live TV."

Keith was actually funnier than Mick!

February 2nd, 2006 07:07 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:

Tom Brady will be a guest on "Queer Nation"?

February 2nd, 2006 07:13 PM
chevysales
quote:
winter wrote:

Brady is the youngest quarterback to win a Super Bowl, Marino is the youngest quarterback to lose one. Marino is 2nd in all-time non-Super Bowl wins and has over 40 non-Super Bowl 4th quarter comebacks. Bottom line is Marino never won the big one. Let's also not forget how much the Marx brothers (Duper and Clayton), not to mention cocaine, helped his performance and stats on the field.

wintah,

wintah

you are so far off base with those unproven unsubstantiated rumors from 1982 as it was all based on his subpar senior season at pitt after leading them to sugar bowl in his junior year.

how many atletes in any sport today have gone 17 years and NEVER had drugs,alcohol or women problems not too mention on 1 team.

while the marx brothers were ahuge part of his success most of dan's success is directly attributed to HIM! he never had a running game and if he had a damn defense he would have had that ring in 84. where his "season to remember" was set the old fashion way in outdoor games in all types of weather. took 20 years to break that!
he took the team on his shoulders and won games.

i believe the stat is only 1 less 4th qtr comeback then elway... and dan missed all but 3 games of a season with achilles tendon.... but came back opening day 93 to throw 5 td's against the PATSIES!

[Edited by chevysales]
[Edited by chevysales]
February 2nd, 2006 07:14 PM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB wrote:

too funny
February 2nd, 2006 07:16 PM
chevysales
quote:
winter wrote:

Yes, never compare Brady, a three-time World Champion, to the two of the biggest chokers in NFL history. Too bad the "boys" always found a way to beat "the man", and he never got a "ring".

Yours truly,

wintah

brady had a complete team and when he had no running game he had a defense... something we have been short off since 72!
February 3rd, 2006 12:15 AM
CraigP
quote:
White House Lawn wrote:

Someone just asked him if the networks and the NFL were uptight about the Stones' performance after Janet's titty debacle a couple years back, and he said
"Well, the censors will always be concerned about how many times you plan to say 'fuck' on the air..."!

I just heard the audio clip of Jagger on Boston AM radio sports station just as I was reading the quote on this thread!
[Edited by CraigP]
February 3rd, 2006 01:08 AM
pdog So... The boys still got some "fuck shit up" left in them...
February 3rd, 2006 02:47 AM
Nellcote Watch the presser here...
http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/events/superbowl/demand/060202halftimevideo.rm&proto=rtsp&rbnkey=1&rpcontexturl=http://www.nfl.com/fieldpass/includes/promo&rpcontextwidth=417&rpcontextheight=275
February 3rd, 2006 03:23 AM
CraigP Thanks Nellcote!
February 3rd, 2006 05:39 AM
luxury1 Thanks nellcote. That was fun. I just love the internet and all this access!!
February 3rd, 2006 11:09 AM
glencar I'm still on the Sprint guy boring the shit out of me but thanks in advance for the link!
February 3rd, 2006 11:11 AM
glencar One time in Hollywood I went to the taping of a new sit com that ended up not making it to air. The director? Don Mischer!
February 3rd, 2006 11:13 AM
Nellcote This Sprint lackey must be wet behind the ears, as he did not even mention the B2B tour sponsorship.
He treated this as it was their 1st sponsorship.
Keith stole the show, with Ronnie & Charlie giving their best bored performance.
Mick bats away any & all questions with ease...
February 3rd, 2006 11:15 AM
glencar Mick is quite the diplomat!
February 3rd, 2006 11:18 AM
Nellcote It was a real TMI moment with that Aretha dig..Oy Vey!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)