ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Superbowl halftime show, Ford Field, Detroit February 5, 2006
© Frank Micelotta, with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones on NFL Network Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 3rd, 2006 11:21 AM
glencar Only 3 songs...
February 3rd, 2006 11:22 AM
Nellcote There's quite a thread on Shidobee from some who are part of rehearsals, noting a 70 min performance yesterday.
Another rehearsal today, however, they have been oathed to secrecy about songs...
February 3rd, 2006 11:23 AM
jb
quote:
winter wrote:

Brady is the youngest quarterback to win a Super Bowl, Marino is the youngest quarterback to lose one. Marino is 2nd in all-time non-Super Bowl wins and has over 40 non-Super Bowl 4th quarter comebacks. Bottom line is Marino never won the big one. Let's also not forget how much the Marx brothers (Duper and Clayton), not to mention cocaine, helped his performance and stats on the field.

wintah,

wintah

Ypu shall not be greeted ever again...............
February 3rd, 2006 11:24 AM
glencar Keith's imitation of Ed Sullivan was classic!
February 3rd, 2006 11:25 AM
glencar Funny funny stuff! The disdain by the end was great!
February 3rd, 2006 11:25 AM
Nellcote JB:
I am still a hopeful in the Pug Enemies list, however, he
says I'm still out of the photo.
What will Phins get for Ricky this year?
We have 2/5 ex Marlins in our infield now.
The Marlins are our farm system!
[Edited by Nellcote]
February 3rd, 2006 01:41 PM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB:
I am still a hopeful in the Pug Enemies list, however, he
says I'm still out of the photo.
What will Phins get for Ricky this year?
We have 2/5 ex Marlins in our infield now.
The Marlins are our farm system!
[Edited by Nellcote]

while i can't speak for jb i say no to trading ricky.
he works cheap... wearen't getting a first rounder for him that's for sure. one piss test away from a year suspension not even denver will risk this.

i want a 2 back attack. and a qb we haven't had since marino retired (read forced to retire!)
February 3rd, 2006 01:50 PM
jb Ricky has many good years left...I say keep him as well.
Brady is a very fortunate to come along when the Bills. Phins and Jets were all rebuilding. Brady may have a few rings, but he is no where close to the QB that Marino, Kelly, Farve, or Manning were/are. The entire Pats dynasty was based on one of the worst calls in NFL history and they will never have the tradition of ther Dolphins, despite their 3 rings. The pats best days are behind them and the Phins are slowly regaining the respect that Jimmy Johnson and Dave Wanstadt stripped us of..those idiots single-handeldy took the winningest team in NFL history(since the 1970 merger) and the greatest QB to ever play the game, and drove us into the ground....Sabsan has brough back the winning edge as Shula once wrote, and I await the times when we crush the pats and Brady , like Kurt warner, is exposed as a flash in the pan ........he is not worthy of even carrying Dan Fouts jock strap....I suspect he will be making movies within 3 yrs ..........
February 3rd, 2006 02:28 PM
Nellcote JB, read my lips.
Manning is a fraud.
Why do you think Egerin James is going to walk?
Loser coach, loser QB.
If Manning was any player, he'd have 3 rings by now.
Brady is the real deal, you watch Belichik on the pre-game Sunday, he's the modern day Lombardi.
Please drop the bad call crap, how's that '86 AFC playoff game going for you?
My mother & boyfriend went to that game, threw a wrapped mackarel on the field wrapped in a Pats t-shirt!
February 3rd, 2006 02:58 PM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB, read my lips.
Manning is a fraud.
Why do you think Egerin James is going to walk?
Loser coach, loser QB.
If Manning was any player, he'd have 3 rings by now.
Brady is the real deal, you watch Belichik on the pre-game Sunday, he's the modern day Lombardi.
Please drop the bad call crap, how's that '86 AFC playoff game going for you?
My mother & boyfriend went to that game, threw a wrapped mackarel on the field wrapped in a Pats t-shirt!

Eg is going to walk as the market for rb's is zippo as evidence by no one ponying up for edge last year. indy has 13 free agents this season and they need to keep wayne (another from the U). manning is eating up 20% of the cap.
eg is all time leading colts rusher he wants to stay but they aren't franchise tagging him and he will not get the huge payday he wants elsewhere.

hey jb... am not pleased with cokers signing day victories. interesting read in omar kelly's blog on sun-sentinal.
February 3rd, 2006 03:16 PM
jb Coker must go 10-2 or he is done!!!! He was very cowardice is letting Kehoe and others take the fall for his poor coaching.
Nellcote, the 86 Championship game was a devastating loss as we were prepared to meet the bears and defeat them again that season.......Sadly, we played horrendously and allowed a hack like Craig james to run all over us.....We also alwasy made Eason or Grogan look all world............never had a good defense during Dan's "Golden Years"............
February 3rd, 2006 03:23 PM
winter
quote:
jb wrote:
Coker must go 10-2 or he is done!!!! He was very cowardice is letting Kehoe and others take the fall for his poor coaching.

Coker must go 12-0 with a National Champship or he should be done!
February 3rd, 2006 03:55 PM
jb
quote:
winter wrote:

Coker must go 12-0 with a National Champship or he should be done!

Sadly, you have alienated me with your Brady/Pats banter despit being a Cane!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Edited by jb]
February 3rd, 2006 04:00 PM
Nellcote JB, are you going with The Steel Curtain?
Where will you regale in the 1/2 time show?
February 3rd, 2006 04:01 PM
winter
quote:
jb wrote:

Sadly, you have alienated me with your Brady/Pats banter despit being a Cane!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Edited by jb]

I guess this means I will be without a greet on the 3/12 in FLA?
February 3rd, 2006 04:05 PM
jb Correct.
February 3rd, 2006 04:07 PM
winter
quote:
jb wrote:
Correct.

Just one question, is it Stone Crab season in March?
February 3rd, 2006 04:10 PM
jb
quote:
winter wrote:

Just one question, is it Stone Crab season in March?

No..............
February 3rd, 2006 04:14 PM
winter
quote:
jb wrote:

No..............

Oh well, I'll suffer through sushi at the Delano and steak at the Tuscan Steakhouse. I don't hold grudges so if you are in South Beach that weekend, you may be greeted at the Shore Club.

Wintah,
February 3rd, 2006 04:19 PM
Saint Sway my friend is the manager at Nobu. You should definately add it to your restaurant hit list. The sushi tops Delano.
February 3rd, 2006 04:22 PM
jb
quote:
winter wrote:

Oh well, I'll suffer through sushi at the Delano and steak at the Tuscan Steakhouse. I don't hold grudges so if you are in South Beach that weekend, you may be greeted at the Shore Club.

Wintah,

Enjoy......................I'll be at my large house until 7, then head down to Arena with son . No meet and greet for anyone else this tour.
February 3rd, 2006 04:24 PM
winter
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
my friend is the manager at Nobu. You should definately add it to your restaurant hit list. The sushi tops Delano.

The the sushi / sights on a good night at the Delano is hard to beat, but you are not the first person I've heard say Nobu is better. Maybe I will check it out.

Thanks,

February 3rd, 2006 04:26 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
my friend is the manager at Nobu. You should definately add it to your restaurant hit list. The sushi tops Delano.

I know the owner of "Tootsies" in North Miami!!!
February 3rd, 2006 04:27 PM
winter
quote:
jb wrote:

Enjoy......................I'll be at my large house until 7, then head down to Arena with son . No meet and greet for anyone else this tour.

Enjoy the show.
February 3rd, 2006 04:27 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
winter wrote:

The the sushi / sights on a good night at the Delano is hard to beat, but you are not the first person I've heard say Nobu is better. Maybe I will check it out.

Thanks,

if you've hung out at the Shore Club then you know that the sights are pretty fine there too. The bar at Nobu is flooded with hot South Beach babes.
February 3rd, 2006 04:33 PM
winter
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

if you've hung out at the Shore Club then you know that the sights are pretty fine there too. The bar at Nobu is flooded with hot South Beach babes.

I woman I went to college with (UM) used to manage the bar at the Shore Club. It was something else, but that was a couple of years ago. I loved the Shore Club, but I have a special affinity for the Delano b/c you don't have to deal with the whole velvet rope / obnoxious bouncer thing. The Delano is also a little more low key.

Tantra used to be pretty happening and great food, but I don't know if it survived. Seems like the half life of most places down there is about 9 months.

wintah

February 3rd, 2006 04:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Mick is quite the diplomat!

Exactly. A typical Jagger exercise in giving the media the soundbites they want, but at the same time saying little of any depth and giving next to nothing away.

He's a master at it.

Thanks for the link, Nellcote....that was fun
[Edited by Gazza]
February 3rd, 2006 04:48 PM
gimmekeef Hell he could be President......
February 3rd, 2006 05:42 PM
chevysales wow all these miami connections.
what a suprise.

February 3rd, 2006 05:51 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Exactly. A typical Jagger exercise in giving the media the soundbites they want, but at the same time saying little of any depth and giving next to nothing away.

He's a master at it.

It's a good thing it was a video instead of just audio, or I would have never guessed it might be something other than the Mick Jagger Superbowl Press Conference.

I would feel like such an ass standing there with an unused mic for 15 minutes, hopping from one leg on the other, wearing sunglasses...
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)