ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the Brazilian leg of the tour 10 years ago today
Estadio Maracaná - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - February 4, 1995
© and thanks to Jair "Coca Buena" Mota
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No Oscar For Mick Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
January 25th, 2005 09:11 AM
gimmekeef Jagger was not nominated for an Oscar......and this post proves I dont have much else to do today!
January 25th, 2005 09:30 AM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Jagger was not nominated for an Oscar......and this post proves I dont have much else to do today!

No , but my old High School Classmate Alexander Pane was nominated in the " BEST DIRECTOR " Category for " Sideways "

http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/osc_03nominees.html

Jacky ! ™
January 25th, 2005 10:09 AM
Gazza So much for the old theory that the Golden Globes are a great indicator for the Oscars :

(puts on smarmy Hollywood voice)

and the nominees are

"Accidentally In Love" - SHREK 2
"Al Otro Lado Del Río" - THE MOTORCYCLE DIARIES
"Believe" - THE POLAR EXPRESS
"Learn To Be Lonely" - THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
"Look To Your Path (Vois Sur Ton Chemin)" - THE CHORUS
January 25th, 2005 10:15 AM
jb Thank g-d..he didn't deserve one for that crap and now he can spend time getting the Stones album together and stop with the Hollywood scene and cutesy "insider" jokes.....make a fucking album with a hit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 25th, 2005 10:24 AM
caro Phew! Jb didn't notice that they chose a song from a french film instead of Mick's.

Besides, they have Catalina Sandino Moreno as a nominee for best actress. That more than makes up for the song nominee list!
January 25th, 2005 10:24 AM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
Thank g-d..he didn't deserve one for that crap and now he can spend time getting the Stones album together and stop with the Hollywood scene and cutesy "insider" jokes.....make a fucking album with a hit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that Mick & "Passion of the Christ" were shutout
shows that Hollywood is run by spiteful jews
January 25th, 2005 10:38 AM
Factory Girl tele, are they all spiteful?
January 25th, 2005 10:41 AM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Tele, nice affair at Mar-a-largo the other night....http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/maybach.html
January 25th, 2005 10:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
telecaster wrote:

"Passion of the Christ" was actually nominated for best film score.

Maybe Jews just hate the Stones instead
[Edited by Gazza]
January 25th, 2005 10:48 AM
jb Mel Gibson brillaintly used anti-semitism to promote his hate film...he took a real "chance" spending 25 million of his own cash knowing full well how he was going to promote it through large christian foundations that at a minimum, would ensure him a profit.... (turned out to be about a billion dollars)....Indeed, the Passion woke up the Christian right and if you love Bush, thank Gibson for starting the "moral value" issue rolling...This homophobic, anti-semetic prick should be flogged (I will be glad to lead the pack of ravenous jews attacking him) , beaten, shit on, and have his eyes plucked out by vultures.
[Edited by jb]

P.S-how many more fucking times is Larry King, a purported jew, going to haber James Dobson on his show!!!!!!!!!!!
[Edited by jb]
January 25th, 2005 10:49 AM
Zeeta Jew List of Top 5 Stones Haters:

JB
Paula Abdul
Adam Goldberg
Roman Polanski
Pete Sampras
January 25th, 2005 10:50 AM
Nellcote JB; I prefer "caning" when it comes right down to it.
January 25th, 2005 10:50 AM
telecaster
quote:
Gazza wrote:

"Passion of the Christ" was actually nominated for best film score.

Maybe Jews just hate the Stones instead
[Edited by Gazza]

I was just yanking jb's chain.

Best film score? I am sure the tens of millions that went to the movie went for the music

Allen Klein is a jew and he LOVES the Stones, especially
pre 1970 ABKCO Stones
January 25th, 2005 11:01 AM
Gazza well he loves their royalties!

Imagine, a Hollywood film twisting and distorting a real life event for propaganda use - whatever next?

Wouldnt it be terrible if the dim-witted public actually took Hollywood seriously and used movies as a basis for their own opinions on historical and world events. Gosh, that would NEVER happen!
January 25th, 2005 11:06 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Mel Gibson brillaintly used anti-semitism to promote his hate film...he took a real "chance" spending 25 million of his own cash knowing full well how he was going to promote it through large christian foundations that at a minimum, would ensure him a profit.... (turned out to be about a billion dollars)....Indeed, the Passion woke up the Christian right and if you love Bush, thank Gibson for starting the "moral value" issue rolling...This homophobic, anti-semetic prick should be flogged (I will be glad to lead the pack of ravenous jews attacking him) , beaten, shit on, and have his eyes plucked out by vultures.

so if he made a film sterotyping Native Americans, Italians, Germans, Brits, Blacks, South Africans or any other group who may feel they've been unfairly stereotyped by Hollywood down the years, that would presumably be OK?
January 25th, 2005 11:07 AM
Factory Girl tele had an epiphany.
January 25th, 2005 11:09 AM
telecaster What about all those Scots that were exploited in "Braveheart" and those evil English?
January 25th, 2005 11:10 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

so if he made a film sterotyping Native Americans, Italians, Germans, Brits, Blacks, South Africans or any other group who may feel they've been unfairly stereotyped by Hollywood down the years, that would presumably be OK?

Absolutely not Gazza......I was with Brando 100% when he had the Indian lady pick up his Oscar.
January 25th, 2005 11:11 AM
gimmekeef All religion is bullshit!!!!.......Just a bunch of assholes trying to control other people through fear and power......Look where its gotten the world!
January 25th, 2005 11:17 AM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
All religion is bullshit!!!!.......Just a bunch of assholes trying to control other people through fear and power......Look where its gotten the world!

I tend to agree with you on that....surprising!
January 25th, 2005 11:34 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I tend to agree with you on that....surprising!

I just took my ' morning ' dump .
January 25th, 2005 11:40 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Absolutely not Gazza......I was with Brando 100% when he had the Indian lady pick up his Oscar.

Good. I just guess it's your turn to be fucked over by Hollywood this year for the sake of 'entertainment', then!

Relax. Next year it'll be someone else.
January 25th, 2005 11:40 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Mel Gibson brillaintly used anti-semitism to promote his hate film...he took a real "chance" spending 25 million of his own cash knowing full well how he was going to promote it through large christian foundations that at a minimum, would ensure him a profit.... (turned out to be about a billion dollars)....Indeed, the Passion woke up the Christian right and if you love Bush, thank Gibson for starting the "moral value" issue rolling...This homophobic, anti-semetic prick should be flogged (I will be glad to lead the pack of ravenous jews attacking him) , beaten, shit on, and have his eyes plucked out by vultures.
[Edited by jb]

P.S-how many more fucking times is Larry King, a purported jew, going to haber James Dobson on his show!!!!!!!!!!!
[Edited by jb]

Joshy, you're crazy today! Gibson was actually quoted alst week as saying that he isn't quite the conservative Republican that you would have him be. He's against Iraq. Some of your jeremiads will have to be edited, as usual.
January 25th, 2005 11:42 AM
glencar Am I the only one who is pissed off that Mick wasn't even nominated? The only upshot is that I won't spend any time watching the silly show. Chris Rock is the host. He's already stated that fellow black actor Jamie Foxx should get the Oscar for "Ray."
January 25th, 2005 11:44 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:

Joshy, you're crazy today! Gibson was actually quoted alst week as saying that he isn't quite the conservative Republican that you would have him be. He's against Iraq. Some of your jeremiads will have to be edited, as usual.

What about Larry King alwasy having james Dobson on?
January 25th, 2005 11:45 AM
glencar That's the dull talking to the stupid. I watched 2 minutes of Larry last night & he had an old smelly blowhard on. Pitiable.
January 25th, 2005 11:45 AM
Joey

Josh is on " Fire " today !!!!!!

I love it !

Go !!!!
January 25th, 2005 11:47 AM
glencar My anus is on fire! I don't like it, NO!
January 25th, 2005 11:49 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
My anus is on fire! I don't like it, NO!

Smelly Ass .... ?!?!

Sniffy ! ™
January 25th, 2005 11:55 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Am I the only one who is pissed off that Mick wasn't even nominated? The only upshot is that I won't spend any time watching the silly show.

same here. I got a big kick out of Dylan winning it in 2001 and Springsteen in 1994. Mick being there would have been fun, winning it even better. I was disappointed and surprised he wasnt even nominated, considering he won two big awards this month.

Would have been worth staying up till dawn for. I watch this gushy love-in nearly every year and wonder why I bother as I hardly even go to the movies anyway. Maybe in some subliminally perverted way I get a kick out of the 'grim reaper' montage of stars near the end where I can go "fuck, I didnt realise HE/SHE had croaked it!"
[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2 3 4
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood