ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the Brazilian leg of the tour 10 years ago today
Estadio Maracaná - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - February 4, 1995
© and thanks to Jair "Coca Buena" Mota
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No Oscar For Mick Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
January 26th, 2005 10:41 AM
jb
quote:
jb wrote:

January 26th, 2005 10:42 AM
jb
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
JOSH-THIS HOSPITAL WILL CURE WHAT AILS YOU
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/01/25/auschwitz.visit/index.html

January 26th, 2005 10:54 AM
Joey

BILL PERKS IS NOT A FRIEND OF :
January 26th, 2005 10:57 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Joey wrote:

I would like to dine with you this evening at the World Famous " Rascal House " in downtown Boca Raton .

Rasky !

Wolfie's is one of my favorite places to eat when visiting South Florida.

BTW...howe is "The Source"???

LJ.
January 26th, 2005 11:03 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

BILL PERKS IS NOT A FRIEND OF :

Thanks Joey....I hope to treat you to many Jaggermeisters next tour ..god willing, you will migrate south....
January 26th, 2005 11:25 AM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Wolfie's is one of my favorite places to eat when visiting South Florida.

BTW...howe is "The Source"???

LJ.

Hello My Stonesian Princess ..................

" THE SOURCE " has introduced me to the following artists / groups :

" Bright Eyes "
" Conor Oberst "
" Social Distortion "

Last Evening at " Barnes & Noble " she took a break and showed me some current articles on Conor Oberst in this week's " Time Magazine " & " Rolling Stone " .

They mention Omaha , NE as being " Off - The - Map " ....Were they being complimentary ?!?!

Developing ............................

Word !

" A Man needs his ' source ' Ronnie ! "

Cass Elliot !
January 26th, 2005 11:27 AM
Joey

<-------------- Thanks Josh....I hope to treat you to many Jaggermeisters next tour ..god willing, you will migrate north to Denver this fall / winter

Yes , me too little fella

Developing ..............................

J !!!!
January 26th, 2005 11:37 AM
glencar From Jaxx's article above: " Musing on this year's best song field, nominee Glen Ballard said: "There are surprises that pop up every now and then. It makes me think that people are really listening. They're not just checking out what's familiar."

Ballard's "The Polar Express" collaborator Alan Silvestri said, "All of these things move in some kind of wave, and it's come around to this kind of configuration (in the category) right now."

Well, look at the irony of those two statements. Glen Ballard is the master of the familiar. The song he wrote is called "Believe" & it's by Josh Groban. I think we've had 5 or 6 hit singles over the past couple of years with "believe" in the title. The song is about as pedestrian as it gets. And then his collaboratr talks about some kind of "wave" coming over the music branch. WTF? It's the same old waves we've seen every other year. What a shame.
January 26th, 2005 11:38 AM
glencar You guys should just ignore Perks. Anyone who amkes Aushwitz jokes is unfit for conversation.
January 26th, 2005 12:02 PM
jb You are 100% correct Glencar...
January 26th, 2005 12:03 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
You guys should just ignore Perks. Anyone who amkes Aushwitz jokes is unfit for conversation.

For Perks ! :
January 26th, 2005 12:04 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
You are 100% correct Glencar...

jb. It doesn't seem like 7 short years, does it?:

http://icreport.loc.gov/icreport/6narrit.htm#L10

According to Ms. Lewinsky, she and the President had ten sexual encounters, eight while she worked at the White House and two thereafter.(35) The sexual encounters generally occurred in or near the private study off the Oval Office -- most often in the windowless hallway outside the study.(36) During many of their sexual encounters, the President stood leaning against the doorway of the bathroom across from the study, which, he told Ms. Lewinsky, eased his sore back.(37)

Ms. Lewinsky testified that her physical relationship with the President included oral sex but not sexual intercourse.(38) According to Ms. Lewinsky, she performed oral sex on the President; he never performed oral sex on her.(39) Initially, according to Ms. Lewinsky, the President would not let her perform oral sex to completion. In Ms. Lewinsky's understanding, his refusal was related to "trust and not knowing me well enough."(40) During their last two sexual encounters, both in 1997, he did ejaculate.(41)

According to Ms. Lewinsky, she performed oral sex on the President on nine occasions. On all nine of those occasions, the President fondled and kissed her bare breasts. He touched her genitals, both through her underwear and directly, bringing her to orgasm on two occasions. On one occasion, the President inserted a cigar into her vagina. On another occasion, she and the President had brief genital-to-genital contact.(42)

Whereas the President testified that "what began as a friendship came to include [intimate contact]," Ms. Lewinsky explained that the relationship moved in the opposite direction: "[T]he emotional and friendship aspects . . . developed after the beginning of our sexual relationship."(43)

January 26th, 2005 12:06 PM
jb Hannity and colmes depicts a strong, aggressive conservative agaisnt a somewhat effiminate, weird hairdo, so-called liberal-------------------------------->
January 26th, 2005 12:07 PM
glencar Just like the world at large, me boy!
January 26th, 2005 12:50 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Joey wrote:

They mention Omaha , NE as being " Off - The - Map " ....Were they being complimentary ?!?!

um, is this a trick question?

[quote]Joey wrote:
-------------- I hope to treat you to many Jaggermeisters next tour ..god willing, you will migrate north to Denver this fall / winter

did you know that jaggermeister is a mixture of 56 plants, roots, and fruit peelsand that is matured for 12 months.

did you say DENVER??????? aint no mountain high enough!

[quote]glencar wrote:

Well, look at the irony of those two statements. Glen Ballard is the master of the familiar. The song he wrote is called "Believe" & it's by Josh Groban. I think we've had 5 or 6 hit singles over the past couple of years with "believe" in the title. The song is about as pedestrian as it gets. And then his collaboratr talks about some kind of "wave" coming over the music branch. WTF? It's the same old waves we've seen every other year. What a shame.

sadly, it appears that "the wave" we must endure here is mediocrity. its a shame. if i remember correctly, randy newman had many musical scores over many years before he procurred his first oscar. reality check: jagger/stewart got their accolades first time out the gate--the globe and critics choice are nothing to cry about. the snubbing of the passion as well as winners of golden globes reduces the integrity of the academy IMO. and-- as mentioned earlier in this thread--hopefully mick will start concentrating on the stones now, putting his solo career on the back burner. this is what we REALLY want, so give us what we NEED, mick!
January 26th, 2005 12:54 PM
glencar I've seen otehrs say that now Mick will ahve to concentrate on the Stones. But I don't think if he took a week off for some Oscar publicity that it would have pushed things back more than an extra week. And knowing Mick, he probably had already scheduled that week in! The Oscars totally suck this year. I'm sure Paul Giamatti & Jim Carrey agree with me.
January 26th, 2005 02:10 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

jb. It doesn't seem like 7 short years, does it?:

http://icreport.loc.gov/icreport/6narrit.htm#L10

According to Ms. Lewinsky, she and the President had ten sexual encounters, eight while she worked at the White House and two thereafter.(35) The sexual encounters generally occurred in or near the private study off the Oval Office -- most often in the windowless hallway outside the study.(36) During many of their sexual encounters, the President stood leaning against the doorway of the bathroom across from the study, which, he told Ms. Lewinsky, eased his sore back.(37)

Ms. Lewinsky testified that her physical relationship with the President included oral sex but not sexual intercourse.(38) According to Ms. Lewinsky, she performed oral sex on the President; he never performed oral sex on her.(39) Initially, according to Ms. Lewinsky, the President would not let her perform oral sex to completion. In Ms. Lewinsky's understanding, his refusal was related to "trust and not knowing me well enough."(40) During their last two sexual encounters, both in 1997, he did ejaculate.(41)

According to Ms. Lewinsky, she performed oral sex on the President on nine occasions. On all nine of those occasions, the President fondled and kissed her bare breasts. He touched her genitals, both through her underwear and directly, bringing her to orgasm on two occasions. On one occasion, the President inserted a cigar into her vagina. On another occasion, she and the President had brief genital-to-genital contact.(42)

Whereas the President testified that "what began as a friendship came to include [intimate contact]," Ms. Lewinsky explained that the relationship moved in the opposite direction: "[T]he emotional and friendship aspects . . . developed after the beginning of our sexual relationship."(43)

How Disappointing

If Lewinsky was the best he could do then he DESERVED impeachment .

" Banging Pam Anderson whilst President calls for your face on Mt. Rushmore Ronnie ! "

Sassy !

[Edited by Joey]
January 26th, 2005 02:35 PM
jb Joey, President Clinton was the greatest President since FDR!!!! I personally love the man!!!
January 26th, 2005 02:39 PM
glencar I don't think there's one Prez I would have liked less than Bubba. There was just something so slimy about him. I've dealt with people who oozed sympathy in all the right places & yet meant nothing 2 seconds later. Remember the infamous video of him working up tears at Normandy when he knew the cameras were around?
January 26th, 2005 02:39 PM
Cafe Hostess Jill That poor Monica woman

The President of the United States treating her like
his personal humidor!

Eewwwww!
January 26th, 2005 02:44 PM
jb
quote:
Cafe Hostess Jill wrote:
That poor Monica woman

The President of the United States treating her like
his personal humidor!

Eewwwww!

What did Joey treat you like?
January 26th, 2005 02:53 PM
Cafe Hostess Jill
quote:
jb wrote:
What did Joey treat you like?

He treated me like a barn animal jb

No respect, all about him

"A little to the left honey, ya, thats it"

But I don't care. There isn't much else going on in Omaha and he is the only person that has asked me out in 20 plus years

I still need to find out who this Petey Townsend person is
that he constantly talks about
January 26th, 2005 02:54 PM
glencar Petey's an aging pedophiliac rock star. See "The Who"!
January 26th, 2005 03:03 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Joey, President Clinton was the greatest President since FDR!!!! I personally love the man!!!

Yes My Jewish Brother ......................

He was a friend of/to/for Israel

J

[ Edited by Lewinsky ]

[Edited by Joey]
January 26th, 2005 03:08 PM
glencar Dubya is much better to Israel. I wish he was more like Clinton in that SINGLE regard.
January 26th, 2005 03:09 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Dubya is much better to Israel. I wish he was more like Clinton in that SINGLE regard.

He understands what facing terrorism means.
January 26th, 2005 03:12 PM
JumpingKentFlash On the Oscar thing: This is simply a disgrace. OHDH is way better than the shit-tune from Phantom Of The Opera. The Academy can go phuck themselves IMO.

On your topic: Clinton was the best president in a while, I agree. We owe that particular president many thanks..........and of course also her husband Bill.
OK, OK, lame joke. Clinton was good.
[Edited by JumpingKentFlash]
Joey " did you know that jaggermeister is a mixture of 56 plants, roots, and fruit peelsand that is matured for 12 months. "

Thank You Jaxx -- " Jaggerbombs " are great for curing the common cold .

" Did you say DENVER??????? aint no mountain high enough! "

Damn Straight My Mile High Momma !!!!

The " PCENTER " is the Gold Standard ( see : Johnny Carson ) and that 02/01/2003 Rolling Stones gig was the greatest Rock & Roll Concert that I have EVER had the distinct pleasure of witnessing .

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

D. J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !

glencar Joshy all our posts since last night have been removed. I hate shidobe with every fiber of my soul. No more posting there.
January 26th, 2005 03:13 PM
glencar
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
This is simply a disgrace. OHDH is way better than the shit-tune from Phantom Of The Opera. The Academy can go phuck themselves IMO.

Yes, my gay Dane, you are 100% correct!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood