ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the Brazilian leg of the tour 10 years ago today
Estadio Maracaná - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - February 4, 1995
© and thanks to Jair "Coca Buena" Mota
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: For those interested: U2 tour starts on March 28/U2 tour info.....From Ian Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 24th, 2005 05:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Sad to say, but I'm willing to bet we're losing more Stones fans through death than we're gaining on an annual basis.

yep
January 24th, 2005 05:05 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'm assuming that when you go and see them in Miami this fall with your front row ticket that you paid several grand for, that is time 'round you'll see the irony.

I like Joshy & everything but I'm guessing irony isn't one of his strong points.
January 24th, 2005 05:13 PM
Poplar
what a wussy set of tourdates.
January 24th, 2005 06:43 PM
Madafaka Thank you very much about that info Gazza, is very appreciated. I can't buy tickets right now because I need to know first if I'll get the visa to travel to USA. Since 2001 (I think) I need visa to travel there. 14th Feb, I'll know it perfectly. That day I got the meeting in the USA embassy.
Thank you again!
January 24th, 2005 06:55 PM
Gazza I'd take your chance and go for them - unless theres some reason why you should be barred from entering the country!
January 24th, 2005 07:11 PM
Madafaka Hahahaha! No, I'm clean. I have never killed anybody, I don't know how to use nuclear weapons, etc., but you never know... In the embassy they are a little strict at this moment. Don't ask me why, but people in my same condition was denied to enter there. Thank you for the advice.

In Argentina when tickets are sold out, some people re-sale them in a higher price. I know that I live in a 3rd world country, but doesn't it happen everywhere around the world?
January 24th, 2005 09:22 PM
Gazza yeah, that happens on the black market ok.

However, some acts, including the Stones, contrive to do this BEFORE they go on sale.

Its called "exclusive fan club packages"
January 24th, 2005 09:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Hahahaha! No, I'm clean. I have never killed anybody,

well that hasnt stopped other people from getting in!
[Edited by Gazza]
January 25th, 2005 12:36 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Gazza wrote:
well that hasnt stopped other people from getting in!

The most "funny thing", it's 100 % truth!

Let's see what happen!
January 25th, 2005 06:26 AM
Gazza I managed to get tickets for Glasgow on the pre-sale this morning.

Warning for those of you doing the same - the system crashed for a while and then when I got back in it told me I'd already used my access code! When I phoned TM and told them this, they said this had happened to lot of people and that U2.com were trying to fix the problem and they assured me my access code was still valid. Within about 30-45 minutes it was working again and I got tickets no problem.

Seated ticket prices for that show (and I guess most of the UK ones) were £85 and £60. I presume the standing tickets were cheaper.
January 25th, 2005 07:34 AM
Factory Girl Which one of you is taking Joshie? He is a U2 virgin.
January 25th, 2005 07:47 AM
Gazza Me! Me! Me!
January 25th, 2005 08:57 AM
Factory Girl LOL, G. Your enthusiasm has been noted.
January 27th, 2005 10:07 AM
Snappy McJack
Tuesday, bloody Tuesday

January 27, 2005

BY LUCIO GUERRERO Staff Reporter Advertisement

U2 may have alienated its most loyal fans after a ticket fiasco that left many Chicagoans feeling suckered by the Irish supergroup.

Thousands of fans are complaining that a planned pre-sale for tickets to the May 7 and 9 United Center shows in U2's upcoming Vertigo tour was a scam that left many of them with no tickets or nosebleed seats that cost upward of $165 each.

The problem started a few months back when the group's official fan site -- www.u2.com -- asked members to pay a $40 subscription fee that included a guarantee of priority seating for the upcoming tour. Those who signed up were given a special code to enter at ticketmaster.com on Tuesday, four days before the general public's ticket sale on Saturday.

That code, many fans thought, would give them access to a large block of seats throughout the venue. But many u2.com members say the lower-priced general admission tickets were snapped up in less than a minute, leaving some to wonder why they bothered spending $40 for the pre-sale subscription.

"I have followed the band for so long, and I feel like I was ripped off of $40 with phony promises of access to good tickets," said Berenice Canela, a graduate student from Chicago. "This is not fair. I am reduced to a limited number of choices like having to fight for the good tickets when the general sale comes around on Saturday or having to go to one of these brokers for $300-plus for seats.

"This is just plain wrong!"

Canela, 24, gave up after realizing that the only tickets available were for $165 seats in the upper levels.

Fans are especially furious because for years U2 had given its loyal fans an opportunity to purchase tickets without a subscription fee through a fan site called Propaganda. That site was closed in 2000 to make way for the more advanced u2.com.

During U2's last tour, fans encountered similar problems with pre-sale orders, but they weren't asked for a $40 subscription fee in advance. Many other rock groups -- including Radiohead, Pearl Jam and R.E.M. -- do pre-sales for fans, but they usually don't charge for the opportunity.

U2 officials could not be reached for comment Wednesday, but a source with the band said it appeared the problem on Tuesday may have been with Ticketmaster.

Some fans complained that they were booted off the system while waiting for tickets or were promised seats in a section only to see the seating chart reconfigured later.

Ticketmaster officials would not comment, but the European arm of the company issued an apology on u2.com after similar problems arose with the site's members in Europe.

Some U.S. fans are contemplating class-action suits, while others have talked of boycotts.

Steve DeBoer, a 20-year U2 fan from Madison, Wis., was stymied Tuesday when the Ticketmaster site logged him off. When he tried to get back on with his u2.com password, he was told that the password had already been used. He still has no tickets.

"I truly don't know if I'll go," said DeBoer, 49. "This experience has left a very bitter taste in my mouth."

----------------------------------------

http://www.suntimes.com/output/entertainment/cst-ftr-u227.html

January 27th, 2005 10:22 AM
Factory Girl LOL, I'm sure Bono will contribute the fee profits to the hungry in Africa.
[Edited by Factory Girl]
January 27th, 2005 10:36 AM
glencar The same thing happened to loyal Stones fans in 2002. I had paid the fee & then the only tickets I was offered in the first MSG show were up in the nosebleeds. Plus they were outrageously expensive. I would have paid the money for good seats or taken the nosebleeds for a lower price but they got it backwards.
January 27th, 2005 10:54 AM
Gazza we didnt get the Clear Channel/Sam Goody pre-sale thing in Europe that you Americans got for the Stones tour. I got the impression (correct me if I'm wrong) that they were a bit vague as to where in the venue your tickets would be and a lot of people were annoyed at ending up paying excess money for shitty seats (I guess the logic was these seats would have been harder to shift at face value). Was it the same with the rs.com pre-sale?

The "advance sale" VH1 seats for No Security werent that great, either.

It fuckin' cracks me up that these people threaten legal action because a website crashed. What a bunch of dickwads.

I'd the same problem - it seemed to be at Ticketmaster's end of things. About half an hour later my password worked again OK and I got good seats.
[Edited by Gazza]
January 27th, 2005 11:00 AM
glencar That's why lawyers in this country have a field day. People stub their toe & some asshole's ready to take the case.
January 27th, 2005 11:09 AM
Gazza Thats what I mean. Its $40 for fucks sake. Any normal human being would curse their bad luck and ask for their money back - no wonder insurance premiums are so high with ambulance-chasing snivelling bitches like this goin' around.

What next. Suing McDonalds for making you fat although you eat there 3 times a day? Wait, no, that actually happened didnt it....
January 27th, 2005 11:14 AM
glencar Not only taht but a judge rightly tossed it out & now another judge has approved its going forward. I may yet retire in Ireland if only they stop that PC nonsense...
January 27th, 2005 09:09 PM
Soldatti Wow, American fans of 20 and 24 years old seeing U2...when was the last time that the Stones got that crowd in the States? 1981? 1989?

Anyway, I just saw U2's last video (All Because Of You) and is a color copy of the Stones '75 tour promotion, even the clothes of the members were similar, the people in the streets, the people at the buildings...all very similar, except the digital cameras...
January 28th, 2005 06:51 AM
egon does SS know about this tour yet?
Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood