ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Eddie Kramer
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ted Nugent in Chain Saw Accident (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
01-14-04 08:38 PM
Ten Thousand Motels What's all this turned into, the let's bash the motor city madman thread? I just wish he'd have learned how to use a chainsaw before he started fooling around with it.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
01-14-04 08:47 PM
Mr T
quote:
glencar wrote:
Laughing at tragedy is never funny...

technicallly, this isn't a tragedy, because it was the result of an accident, and didn't in any way involve a lack of moral behavior from Ted, so its OK to laugh then I guess. personally, I think its funny as hell. but then again, if he can still play guitar, nothing's been accomplished

tragedy: A drama or literary work in which the main character is brought to ruin or suffers extreme sorrow, especially as a consequence of a tragic flaw, moral weakness, or inability to cope with unfavorable circumstances
01-14-04 09:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yes. That is exactly what this thread has turned into. Bash the motor city meathead. Bash bash bash.

Bash bash bash bashbashbashbashbashbash!!!!

I'm pissed off that EVERYONE ALIVE TODAY isn't bashing the everlivin' peckersnot outta the fuckin' fuckwit.

We should all be in this together! Where is our Integrity and Dignity???!!!???

I mean, the guy has ZERO redeeming qualities! None at all!

Hell, he can't even hack off one of his limbs with a chainsaw properly! WTF is THAT shit?

I feel icky even THINKING about the guy. He's creepy. Super creepy even.

C'mon everybody! Bash away! Don't be shy. It's just the Splooge...I mean the Nooge.
01-14-04 09:17 PM
sirmoonie Who the fuck is the "motor city madman"?

I thought this was about that geek Ted Nugent?
01-14-04 10:29 PM
Sir Stonesalot Why? Because I like veal, and don't give a shit about veal calves? Did one of those calves call you up on it's cell phone and complain about their treatment? Didn't think so.

They are food, nothing more. In fact, that's all any animal is to me.

I am a human...it is a cow. I am more important than the cow. Not my rule...it's just the way it is. Like I said, those conditions are horrible for a human...but for a veal calf, it's normal.

I have a dog. If it came down to it, that dog could feed my family for at least a week. He's nice and fat.

I like chinese food. Some of my co-workers are all like..."Oh man, how do you eat that crap...I hear they make that stuff out of cats!" And I'm all like..."Yeah, well then cat tastes fuckin' great dude."

When cows and pigs and other domesticated food animals take over and dominate the planet, I'll rethink my postition. Until then, I'll eat whatever critter my palate craves...including rabbits.

I've been hankerin' for some nice rabbit stew. Say...you keep rabbits, don't you Mr. Hearst? Do they travel with you?
01-14-04 10:30 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
W Randolph Hearst wrote:

Your first post on this thread made me like you. As I'm reading along - I dub thee Sir Tender Vittles and shall introduce you to my favorite pet mountain lion at the San Simeon digs...

I agree with Ms. Davies, Ted should spend the rest of his idiot fuckwit life being gang banged by elk.

And I suggest a certain self knighted one drive down route 35 and set up house for himself in one of those "veal" calf houses - then try to coax it's former occupant back...'cause you know they're reeeaaallll sttuuuoooopid and like to live life in unimaginable torture prisons.

Fuckwit.

Hey! We have a PETA representative here. Get the gun!
01-14-04 10:53 PM
Mr T "I am a human...it is a cow. I am more important than the cow."

well.. that's one opinion...
01-14-04 10:55 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Mr T wrote:
"I am a human...it is a cow. I am more important than the cow."

well.. that's one opinion...

i think we can safely surmise that SS is not a hindu!!
01-14-04 11:09 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well Mr T...it's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Humans run the planet. Ergo, humans are the most important animal on the planet.

I am a human. Ergo, I am the most important animal on the planet. And so are you. Certainly more important than any stupid cow.

Cows and pigs and chickens, any other animal...not human, and should not be treated as humans.

01-14-04 11:36 PM
Mr T 1. I'm pro-meat. I eat tons of it & support the right to. the food chain is the natural order of things, i think we're on the same page here - human on top, pig on bottom, the way is is, right?

2. You eat cow. that makes cow supplier of food. he's more important to your existence than you are to his, or most other people's for that matter. you may be better than a cow (or may not be) - but ask yourself what you, as a consumer, are so important for

3. Ted Nugent is a human - and I'd take a cow over him anyway

4. we're made to survive on meat so I encourage everybody to eat it, but anyone who can respect the animal that feeds them is worthless, or at least has an overinflated sense of self worth
01-15-04 02:15 PM
KeithRichards210 I think the guy's just fucking nuts. He's taken this nature boy shit to the extreme.

But if there was a duel between him and PETA, my support (and money) would be put on The Nuge in a heartbeat.
01-15-04 11:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot >2. You eat cow. that makes cow supplier of food. he's more important to your existence than you are to his, or most other people's for that matter. you may be better than a cow (or may not be) - but ask yourself what you, as a consumer, are so important for<

No, the cow is not more important to my existance than I am to the cow. Humans are FAR more important to the existance of the cow, and here's why: 95% of the world's cow population is domesticated for food.

If we didn't eat cows, crave dairy products, and like leather jackets and car seats, most of them wouldn't even exist in the first place! So, in fact, the cows entire existance depends on we humans.

The beef farmer is the important link in the chain in this instance. What I, the consumer, am so impotant for is to buy the beef farmer's product so he can grow more cows for us to eat, and earn a living for his family to exist on. Again, the humans are more important. It will ALWAYS be that way.

>3. Ted Nugent is a human - and I'd take a cow over him anyway<

You mean that if you had to pick between Ted's life, and the life of a cow....you'd kill Ted and let the cow live? That is REALLY fucked up man. I think Ted is a human pile of dung....but he is still a human being, and as such is entitled to life over a stupid domesticated food animal.

Actually, I'd like to see you in that situation. You have a rifle. You must choose to shoot and kill either Ted Nugent or a cow. If you don't shoot, the rifle is turned on you. All of Ted's family and friends and employees are watching. Do you really expect us to believe that you would shoot Ted instead of the cow? What would you say to his widow and children? "Gee, sorry about that kids, but your dad was a big asshole and that poor cow never hurt anyone...."?

If you simply meant that you'd rather spend time with the cow than with Ted...THAT I'd agree with. But human life is ALWAYS more important than the life of an animal.

>4. we're made to survive on meat so I encourage everybody to eat it, but anyone who can respect the animal that feeds them is worthless, or at least has an overinflated sense of self worth<

OK, I'll assume that you made a typo and meant "can't respect the animal....". I never said that I do not respect animals. I like animals just fine. In fact, I've crawled up into a tree during a snowstorm to help a cat. Respecting animals does not mean treating them the same as another human being. I said that I see animals as food, and place a higher value on human life, than on animal life....that my life is more important than a cow's life. I stand by all of it.

If that makes me worthless, or have an overinflated sense of self-worth, then fine, I'm worthless. I can live with you thinking that about me, and not lose a wink of sleep.

I happen to work in emergency services. I'll bet the people that I served today think I'm a pretty valuable commodity. I wonder if you'd feel the same way if someone you love is turning blue, and I show up with my EMS bag. Are you gonna let a cow treat them for an obstructed airway? Or maybe that cow can hook 'em up to the AED and force o2 into their lungs with a bvm.

Ask the 7 people that I am directly resposible for saving from death(and that number WILL grow this year)if I'm worthless. Ask the guy that I gave birthing instructions to...over the telephone...if I'm worthless. Ask my SON if a cow is more important than I am. Overinflated sense of self-worth....fuck you dude.
01-16-04 12:41 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
In fact, I've crawled up into a tree during a snowstorm to help a cat.

Ah HEM. YOU held the ladder. _I_ climbed up the tree.

Of course we both walked a mile through said snow storm to perform the rescue mission.

We were rewarded with "The Indestructable Beat of Soweto" and a Peter Tosh album, weren't we?

That was fun.

Hey, that was in the 80s...we didn't have hair like perma-Keith then, did we? I hope not!

What the hell was this thread about...oh yeah! That Ted Nugent guy ROCKS! Wango TANGO!
01-16-04 12:48 AM
Taptrick If you dig in Ted's catalogue there are some pleasant surprises. I love Writing On the Wall off Free For All with Meatloaf doing the vocals...an unknown gem. Great White Buffalo, Stranglehold, and Dog Eat Dog will always be classics for me.
[Edited by Taptrick]
01-16-04 12:56 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Taptrick wrote:
If you dig in to Ted's catalogue there are some pleasant surprises. I love Writing On the Wall off Free For All with Meatloaf doing the vocals...an unknown gem. Great White Buffalo, Stranglehold, and Dog Eat Dog will always be classics for me.

You sicken me.
01-16-04 07:30 AM
Taptrick Wow, I didn't know I had control over your physical symptoms...seriously, if you play guitar, I'd encourage you to check that stuff out. Great work with a hollow body electric and innovative use of open strings while chording. The Meatloaf/Nugent song predates Bat Out of Hell and came just after Meatloaf's appearance in Rocky Horror Picture Show I believe. Ted's original stuff with the Amboy Dukes in the late 60s was eclectic and psychadelic - transformed into more of a midwestern/Detroit rock sound in early to mid 70s. That's the era I liked. After Free For All it became extremely commercialized/canned and largely unsuccessful until he did that stuff with Tommy Shaw in that band I can't quite remember the name of.
[Edited by Taptrick]
01-16-04 08:08 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Taptrick wrote:
The Meatloaf/Nugent song predates Bat Out of Hell and came just after Meatloaf's appearance in Rocky Horror Picture Show I believe. Teds original stuff with the Amboy Dukes in the late 60s was eclectic and psychadelic - transformed into more of a midwestern/Detroit rock sound in early to mid 70s. After Free For All it became extremely commercialized/canned and largely unsuccessful until he did that stuff with Tommy Shaw in that band I can't quite remember the name of.

I have SS's food chain diagram in front of me. I have tentatively penciled you in millimeters away from "Cow" pending further Board review of your obscene posts. Until you hear our decision, you are barred from further activity in this thread.
01-16-04 11:32 AM
Mr T never said the cow was any good alive, but a living cow can be made dead, and a dead cow is a lot of food for me. much more use than i can get out of you dead or alive. so all you have over the cow is self-importance

ok, what do you think would happen if a significant number of humans disappeared from the food chain as opposed to a large number of cows. if humans disappeared, more animals would flourish, there'd be some reshuffling of the food chain, but since we are purely consumers and dont contribute anything except making room for more animals, the world would go on. if the cow population suffered a staggering decrease overnight, that would suck a lot more for you than if the opposite happened. so, you rely on a cow for food, the cow(and everything else that lives) relies on you for what, over breeding? nope, sorry, the source has the largest impact, whereas humans are concerned with human affairs and that's it. I never said a cow was superior, that would be ridiculous
01-16-04 11:35 AM
Mr T "You mean that if you had to pick between Ted's life, and the life of a cow....you'd kill Ted and let the cow live? That is REALLY fucked up man. I think Ted is a human pile of dung....but he is still a human being, and as such is entitled to life over a stupid domesticated food animal.

Actually, I'd like to see you in that situation. You have a rifle. You must choose to shoot and kill either Ted Nugent or a cow. If you don't shoot, the rifle is turned on you. All of Ted's family and friends and employees are watching. Do you really expect us to believe that you would shoot Ted instead of the cow? What would you say to his widow and children? "Gee, sorry about that kids, but your dad was a big asshole and that poor cow never hurt anyone...."?

you took that far too literally. I'd kill the cow because it would be useful to me dead. Ted has no worth to me either way. so, if it were a question of who I'd rather exist in the first place, it would be a cow. Nuge can get lost in oblivion for all I care, but I'd have no reason to shoot him
01-16-04 11:40 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Mr T wrote:
I never said a cow was superior, that would be ridiculous

Well, maybe not as ridiculous as one might suppose at first glance. I mean cows don't mass murder each other. Or build A'bombs to mass murder each other more effectively, or collect bribes, or institutionalize torture techniques, etc etc, no cows aren't so bad. Bulls, maybe but not cows.
01-16-04 11:50 AM
Mr T good point. humans are pretty much destructive creatures

SS,
the EMS thing - I respect that - no bullshit, but I was talking about the food chain. Its not that I don't care about 7 more lives being saved, my point is that that's a human's concern. a dolphin wouldn't give a shit just as you don't cry yourself to sleep over tuna production. so, let me rephrase; in dealing with human concerns, your an imporant guy - but in the universal sense, there's a lot of animals that could probably do without you.
01-16-04 04:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot Whatever.

Since I am a human, I'm pretty much only concerned with human affairs. Look, I don't give a shit if people want to get all philosophical about fuckin' cows and how much more worthwhile they are than humans. I'm done playing symantics. You can try to twist it around however you like. Any and all humans are more important than any animal. You will never convince me otherwise, and I'm not the least bit ashamed of it.

Oh, and FPM...AHEM! We both tried climbing the tree before we figured out that a ladder would be helpful. I think there was also a Jimmy Cliff cassette involved in the reward. But wasn't that like...a week later or something?

I'm pretty sure I had some big hair then.
01-16-04 05:10 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
"The Indestructable Beat of Soweto"

that is a fantastic album!
01-16-04 06:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot >They have no control of their fate - you do. Who's worse? Be honest if you can...<

Well that's so obvious that it's silly....and it's been my point all along. I have the will to control my own fate, and that is EXACTLY why we humans are more important than animals. If an animal can't control it's own fate...then in the grand scheme it's gonna get eaten. When it comes to the food chain(and in world politics it seems, very similar to the food chain), the law of the jungle is most applicable....the strongest survive and dominate the weak.

If cows are so fucking great why do they allow themselves to be slaughtered and made into hamburger? Those 700 cows that got made into hamburger last week were born for exactly that purpose....to be made into food for us humans. If humans didn't eat beef, those 700 cows are never born in the first place. You say we treated those cows badly by growing them for hamburger...I say we were benevolent to give them a life in the first place.

So what do YOU think is better...should those cows simply never exist in the first place, or should they be born and used to make burgers for the hungry masses? Or are burgers simply not urbane enough for your sophisticated taste. Or is it that you find humans playing God with the animal kingdom distasteful?

You are right though...I'm a cog in the machine. So are you, like it or not. We all are. That is just the nature of the game. And it will be the same long after the worms have turned me into dirt.
01-16-04 06:33 PM
nankerphelge Here's one:

Same gun
same Nuge
same choice

but this time, it's a sheep -- not a cow!!

Tougher huh?
01-16-04 07:16 PM
Sir Stonesalot Nope, not tough at all.

Mutton can be quite tastey when cooked properly.
01-16-04 08:37 PM
Taptrick Great White Buffalo by Ted Nugent

Well, listen everybody,
to what I got to say.
There's hope for tomorrow,
Ooh,we're workin'on today.

Well,it happened long time ago,
in the new magic land.
The Indian and the buffalo,
they existed hand in hand....

The Indian needed food,
he needed skins for a roof.
But he only took what they needed,baby.
Millions of buffalo were the proof.
Yeah,its all right.

But then came the white man,
with his thick and empty head.
He couldnt see past the billfold,
he wanted all the buffalo dead.
It was sad...It was sad.
Oh yeah...yes indeed.

Oh yes, it happened a long time ago,baby.
In the new magic land.
See,the Indian and the buffalo,
they existed hand in hand.
The Indians,they needed some food,
and some skins for a roof.
They only took what they needed,baby.
millions of buffalo were the proof,yeah.

But then came the white dogs,
with their thick and empty heads.
They couldnt see past the billfold.
they wanted all the buffalo dead.
Everything was SO sad.

When I looked above the canyon wall,
some strong eyes did I see.
I think its somebody comin' around
to save my ass,baby.
I think...I think he's comin' around
to save you and me.
Boys......
I said, above the canyon wall...
strong eyes did glow.
It was the leader of the land,baby.
OH MY GOD,
The GREAT WHITE BUFFALO.....
LOOK OUT!!!! LOOK OUT!!!!!!!

Well,he got the battered herd.
He led em cross the land.
With the Great White Buffalo,
they gonna make a final stand.
The Great White Buffalo,
comin'around to make a final stand.
Well,look out here he comes.
The great white buffalo,baby.
The Great White Buffalo....
Look out,here he comes.
He's doin'all right.
Makin'everything all right.
Yeah,yeah,yeah.....
01-16-04 08:43 PM
Mr T "You can try to twist it around however you like. Any and all humans are more important than any animal. You will never convince me otherwise, and I'm not the least bit ashamed of it. "

I've followed through on the same point all the way through. To me, personally, any human - even if they are an arrogant asshole is of higher priority, I just respect the fact that nothing besides humans has any reason to feel the same way
01-17-04 07:27 AM
beer well, that's all well and good, but what about Peter Frampton??? The food chain logic has not eliminated him! This is serious! Why is he still around?
01-17-04 07:51 AM
glencar Bodyguards.
Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH