ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Savvis Centre, St.Louis, Mo - January 27 2006
© Karen Elshout thanks moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA - Jan 15 2006 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 17th, 2006 10:25 AM
tomartstone Hello all. my first post here. A shidoobean and lounger as some of you know. Hey Dawn and others. I was wondering if anyone had gotten a picture of the closing bow with Mick with a bouquet of flowers that my friend Maura(lostcatz2) had thrown up on the stage. She would be in her glory if someone did. What a show in BOSTON sunday....absolutely a great great show for me as I made it to front row....wahooooo Many thanks and the STONES RULE....Tom e-mail [email protected]
[Edited by tomartstone]
January 17th, 2006 11:52 AM
Saint Sway this is an interesting front 7. Esp w/the 2 tour debuts. I hope they bust out GS again wed at MSG. I'd drop RFD for ONNYA. Hell, I'd drop RFD for any song in their catalog.

Jumping Jack Flash
Let's Spend the Night Together
Rough Justice
It's Only Rock n Roll
Rocks Off
Memory Motel
Run For Drinks
Tumbling Dice
Gimme Shelter
January 17th, 2006 12:52 PM
jb 13, 681 1st show-wide fucking open!!! Boston let the boys down.
January 17th, 2006 02:29 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
jb wrote:
13, 681 1st show-wide fucking open!!! Boston let the boys down.

This is so strange! I was in lower arena Loge 4 for both nights and there appeared to be butts in every chair at both shows. There were even people sitting in the sections starting to go behind the stage which would seem strange to sell obstructed-view seats if there were plenty of open seats elsewhere in the house. I looked up and around at both shows and there were people packed to the ceiling - there appeared to be no empty holes anywhere.

Is it possible that the above figure reflects actual sales vs. actual attendance? Is it possible that remaining tickets were given away on radio or something? Cuz the house looked packed to me on both nights - front to back, bottom to top. Just wondering.

PS - that B stage and the moving stage portion does strike a LOT of floor seats, by the way. It seems like a much larger B stage than in arena shows past and the moving stage portion needs a wider path to get there. Maybe that struck a lot of floor seats as well.
[Edited by Jerry in Boston]
January 17th, 2006 02:35 PM
jb
quote:
Jerry in Boston wrote:

This is so strange! I was in lower arena Loge 4 for both nights and there appeared to be butts in every chair at both shows. There were even people sitting in the sections starting to go behind the stage which would seem strange to sell obstructed-view seats if there were plenty of open seats elsewhere in the house. I looked up and around at both shows and there were people packed to the ceiling - there appeared to be no empty holes anywhere.

Is it possible that the above figure reflects actual sales vs. actual attendance? Is it possible that remaining tickets were given away on radio or something? Cuz the house looked packed to me on both nights - front to back, bottom to top. Just wondering.

Agreed...especially Friday it was packed to the rafters...unless for concerts they cut off at 15K? The only empties I saw were some mid to upper side stage views...I thought there was 18k...I was shocked as well.
[Edited by jb]
January 17th, 2006 03:09 PM
lotsajizz I was in Loge 2 (Row 2) both nights and must confess there were at least one or two empties in each row in our section.
Personally, I liked it...more room to dance and air guitar!!

January 17th, 2006 05:31 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
You read the paper for 1/13 (13, 351) .....and for 1/15.....I won't comment.
Also, as I correctly pointed out, NightTime would be dropped for GS and LSTNT and MM would be included in set. No tough talking internet posters showed up in my face.

keyboard commandos jb. those types would never say anything to anybodys face.

and if any of them actually met you maybe then they would get it? probably not.

as for the "packed house" i saw empties thoughout show mid and higher levels... don't believe that many upgraded or were getting beers

nice venue shirts luckily they had mediums left after show as this svelte 50 year old doesn't fit in large

friday i am bringing my youngest daughter so i have someone to carry bag... missed out on msg shirts in sept.

anyone know what drinking age is in ny? as she is 18.
[Edited by chevysales]
[Edited by chevysales]
January 17th, 2006 10:53 PM
jb
quote:
chevysales wrote:

keyboard commandos jb. those types would never say anything to anybodys face.

and if any of them actually met you maybe then they would get it? probably not.

as for the "packed house" i saw empties thoughout show mid and higher levels... don't believe that many upgraded or were getting beers

nice venue shirts luckily they had mediums left after show as this svelte 50 year old doesn't fit in large

friday i am bringing my youngest daughter so i have someone to carry bag... missed out on msg shirts in sept.

anyone know what drinking age is in ny? as she is 18.
[Edited by chevysales]
[Edited by chevysales]

You were an absolute gentlemen and pleasure to meet. Have a great time with your daughter!!!! See ya in Fort Lauderdale!!!
January 18th, 2006 09:14 AM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:

You were an absolute gentlemen and pleasure to meet. Have a great time with your daughter!!!! See ya in Fort Lauderdale!!!

thank you. same here.
i don't know if you ever noticed but i had sent you a pm i think friday and posted for you to check your pm but pugs informed me you were already enroute to boston.

as i told you i enjoy your humor and have had no problem reading "between the lines" on your posts on both web boards from the beginning. there are few people i wanted to "greet" at shows, you and a few of the pats fans here come to mind immediately. along with any canes/dolphin fans.

don't want to get too corny here but...
being a fan (and a father of recent fan) watching you and your son especially him standing on chair doing the hand/1 finger in air like the rest of us was very cool to see.

i know you are aware of it but to see the young father and younger son up front grooving to the stones like that (with him on chair not missing a thing) is what the stones "experience" is all about.

these are memories that will stay with us and our children forever. just being able to share them together means a lot. i wish i had taken a picture because honestly that was beautiful. remember how our early stones shows way back when shaped our own stones "experience" for years to come?

in hartford with my daughter seeing her first show and it being a stadium show with all the glitz and goings on made me feel so good to see her jaw wide open the entire time. it makes being a parent even more enjoyable. we are on back of floor dead center for msg friday (although i will be looking for drop today and if a good one pops up i will drive tonight as it's only an hour and a half drive door to door) so will give us different perspective except dad must break out his glasses.

as for fort lauderdale... we ( wife and i) may cash in on our starwood points and make a week out of it. i called ira at frontrow in miami to see what they have available.

hey how about art kehoe doing a great interview with jeff deforest on 790theticket the other day. it was great radio stuff. this morning joe rose also on 790the ticket is talking about how donna shalala and her raising the academic bar when she came here is hurting us in recruiting. they better make some changes or 8-4 will begin to look good even the st thomas aquinas coach made mention of it in sun-sentinal today. and as you are aware of st thomas students are no slouchs so this has far reaching effects. heck you know wanny was down here recruiting some south florida talent last week!

on that note i may add my mother who has worked at "the U" for 33 years (she won't retire as she says it keeps her young - she doesn't need the money and schleps from lauderdale to miami twice a week as university of miami is family to her... plus she keeps tabs on my eldest daughter down there for me from a distance now that she graduated) we were able to get my eldest daughter thru "the U" at almost a free ride as long as she stayed 3.0 gpa or better based on employee/family and over 20 years of employment. then donna shalala ( the frickin' midget!) comes in and changes all that making second generation students a lot harder to qualify so the U discounts the tuition. their program for long term employees up until shalala became prez was very, very generous. they cut less than half the tuition (for my younger daughter) which is still better than nothing but changes the way miami had strived for years to keep it all in the family.

[Edited by chevysales]
January 18th, 2006 09:51 AM
jb Great stuff Chevy!!! I appreciate the kind words and share your joy watching our children experience what gave us so much pleasure growing up.
Both my kids shall attend the great UM and hopefully your daughter as well!!!! Kehoe is a legend in my mind, and quite frankly, I am very concerned about what has happened. I know Coker is 53-9,( and we have 1 title under him and Ohio state stole the other), but much of the talent was Davis'. I shall await next year see what he does. Hopefully another college World series run is in the works, and , as we said, looks like Phins on the right track with Saban(and we still are the winningest pro--frachise since the 1970 merger not to mention still the only team to have a perfect season!!!).
If you come to the show, lwet me know, and we can all say hello. I leave for N.Y. soon and take my older son(12) who will be attending his 5th show this tour!!!! best of luck to you and family!!!! Josh
January 20th, 2006 12:31 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Great stuff Chevy!!! I appreciate the kind words and share your joy watching our children experience what gave us so much pleasure growing up.
Both my kids shall attend the great UM and hopefully your daughter as well!!!! Kehoe is a legend in my mind, and quite frankly, I am very concerned about what has happened. I know Coker is 53-9,( and we have 1 title under him and Ohio state stole the other), but much of the talent was Davis'. I shall await next year see what he does. Hopefully another college World series run is in the works, and , as we said, looks like Phins on the right track with Saban(and we still are the winningest pro--frachise since the 1970 merger not to mention still the only team to have a perfect season!!!).
If you come to the show, lwet me know, and we can all say hello. I leave for N.Y. soon and take my older son(12) who will be attending his 5th show this tour!!!! best of luck to you and family!!!! Josh

Sadly, even with an undefeated season, they could not sell out vs. Houston that year...venue was wide open!
January 24th, 2006 07:50 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)