ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Savvis Centre, St.Louis, Mo - January 27 2006
© Karen Elshout thanks moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA - Jan 15 2006 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 16th, 2006 04:40 AM
Gazza
quote:
kath wrote:
amazing setlist!!

wouldnt go that far - they could phone in the 2nd half of the show pretty much every night

a couple of tweaks is a good development but ABB seems to now be all but forgotten about (3 songs) and thats NOT a good sign

The first half of the show is being shaken up a bit which is good overall but the last 6-7 songs are pretty much the same as almost every Stones show in the last 25 years
January 16th, 2006 04:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
kath wrote:
they just did SMU!!!!!!

LOL..kath, your enthusiasm and surpise would suggest they had just played 'Slave' or '2000 Light Years from home' or something
January 16th, 2006 04:49 AM
Gazza Setlist edited to include "You got me rocking" () as the first b-stage song

This was therefore a 21-song setlist, and not 20.
January 16th, 2006 06:11 AM
speedfreakjive Rip This Joint/Dangerous Beauty for the B-Stage!!!!
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
January 16th, 2006 08:25 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Setlist edited to include "You got me rocking" () as the first b-stage song

it was to good to be true
January 16th, 2006 09:19 AM
Nellcote Great show!
JJF solid openah
Rain Fall Down had zip
Memory Motel solid
Gimmie Shelter scorched
We were Ronnie's side at the B, when the
stage elevated to go back, Mick slipped
off the rise, just about fell into us.
He recovered nicely.
Keith seemed to start into another song at Satisfaction.
Another great night from The Stones.

January 16th, 2006 09:32 AM
Nellcote From Boston Herald...

Mick, Keith and crew give Garden fans ‘Satisfaction’
By Brett Milano/ Music Review
Monday, January 16, 2006 - Updated: 02:00 AM EST

For all the insane hype and expense that goes along with each tour, the Rolling Stones onstage remain the model of a hard-working, no-frills rock ’n’ roll band. No self-importance and no cheap theatrics, just a juiced-up band playing two hours of Stones songs, about as well as they’re ever likely to get played.

Last night’s set list offered no great surprises, though it had been juggled a bit from Friday’s show (“Midnight Rambler” was gone, but the ballad “Memory Motel” is back and “Get Off My Cloud” has at last been dug out of mothballs). It is in fact one of the most conservative and hit-heavy sets they’ve played, but it was saved from nostalgia by the obvious chemistry, especially in the licks that Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood kept bouncing off each other. And you know the Stones are having a good night when even stoic drummer Charlie Watts breaks into grins a few times.

Mick Jagger remains one of the only 62-year-olds who can get away with a bare midriff, and his voice seems to have rebounded from some rough spots in recent years. Though he didn’t get every vintage lyric exactly right, he gave the closing “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” more urgency that one could rightly expect from a 37-year-old tune.

Deep album tracks were in relatively short supply, though 1972’s decadent “Rocks Off” was a welcome addition. The new “A Bigger Bang” got far less play than they usually give a new album, despite its being their best in decades. But the swampy “Rain Falls Down” stood well against the classics, and featured a rare turn by Jagger on lead guitar. Richards contributed the countryish “This House Is Empty,” with some nice touches by Wood on dobro.

It was “Gimme Shelter” that proved the Stones could still pull out drama and relevance. Always a hard one to reproduce live, it managed to catch the ominous groove of the studio version (even without Jagger doing any harmonica). Backup singer Lisa Fischer’s vocal turn started out chilling and ended up sexy when Jagger joined on the last chorus.

The surprise opener was Canadian power-pop quartet Sloan, who don’t even have a current U.S. record deal. Their willfully nerdy stage presence didn’t go down too well with the Stones faithful, but they delivered the same kind of spirited and heartfelt set that’s lit up the Paradise and the Middle East.
January 16th, 2006 10:08 AM
maumau
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL..kath, your enthusiasm and surpise would suggest they had just played 'Slave' or '2000 Light Years from home' or something

excuse me gazza but, though i am not going to take it that seriously, this is the typical irony on setlist that really annoys me. Before i get to see them live in 2003 I was thinking like you "Uh hope they cut out SMU".
After they played it - at least that night - i have changed my mind and have come to consider it a very silly argument about "oh if only they'd play Slave or whatever instead of SMU or ...."

i think that there is a lot of people here that can recall "usual suspects" as their highlights of the show and, vice versa, barely remember after the excitement of the moment - the performance of the faded cookie they happened to witness.

it is, IMHO, a completely abstract attitude. In "theory" it is an exciting thing to have Sway played, in practice it is more a delusion.

Sure they can phone in a WH, but i tell you it is more likely they phone in an obscure, scarcely played tune.

of course they could change it by reharsing a small number of obscure songs very much

but this is not realistic

so i completely understand kath's "enthusiasm and surpise" for SMU because it was exactly my reaction when i saw them

i would go that far with this "setlist srgument", that is very pop here and on IOOR, as to argue that the best thing would be that they play exactly the SAME SONGS every night
January 16th, 2006 10:09 AM
Gazza
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Mick, Keith and crew give Garden fans ‘Satisfaction’

Winnah of this week's prize for most original headline!!
[Edited by Gazza]
January 16th, 2006 10:14 AM
Gazza
quote:
maumau wrote:
Sure they can phone in a WH, but i tell you it is more likely they phone in an obscure, scarcely played tune.

of course they could change it by reharsing a small number of obscure songs very much

but this is not realistic

uh...I dont think I ever suggested they should play a show full of barely rehearsed obscurities, but hey go ahead and miss the point entirely of my good natured bit of banter with kath if you must
[Edited by Gazza]
January 16th, 2006 10:32 AM
Paranoid_Android
quote:

PARANOID ANDROID: I would fully agree with you about the classic rock concerts as being boring except for the fact that almost everyone in the arena (20,000 seats) were standing and/or grooving/dancing/fist-pumping/following Jagger's commands etc. (despite being an average age of 37-45) EXCEPT for the only section I was in for most of the rockers-damn it!

UHM....I never said anything remotly close abput "classic rock concerts being boring"...you must have been quoting another poster...

I said I likes this evenings et list and made a constructive suggestion...seldom played yet popular songs...etc etc...however...I do stick by my BAN SMU FOREVER stance!!!
January 16th, 2006 10:50 AM
mac_daddy he was quoting dan...

i think the setlist looks good. let's hope they keep switching it up a bit...

how was this place is empty - is keef nailing it, or is it falling flat..? i hope that stays in place for the forum show...

January 16th, 2006 11:10 AM
Nellcote ++++++++++++++how was this place is empty - is keef nailing it, or is it falling flat..?

Last night he nailed it, Friday was shaky, imo...
January 16th, 2006 11:42 AM
luxury1 So, Mick practically falling into your arms. Now, that's what I call B-stage action, Nellcote.
January 16th, 2006 11:47 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
Dan wrote:

And they skipped Oh No Not You Again, which just happens to be their best song since Satisfaction. Guess the new stuff just aint going over that well so they have to limit it to a token 3 songs.

I agree with you on the fact that the changes are not that great-- I just don't care about Gimme Shelter live, Lisa cannot match Merry Clayton and never will, period, she was a lot better of an addition to the show on Night Time; Memory Motel was pretty obvious with the Boston mention, and Rocks Off probably sounded as dull live as it always does, *sigh*, but about your ABB comment-- well, no shit the songs are not going over well. We've all discussed to death why that is. I am going to refrain from complaining about the number of ABB songs they give to people paying $450 until they leave the US and start touring in a country where it actually sold decently well.
If they play only 3 songs off ABB in, say, Italy as opposed to the US, THEN I'll be the first to bitch about that.
January 16th, 2006 11:52 AM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Great show!
JJF solid openah
Rain Fall Down had zip
Memory Motel solid
Gimmie Shelter scorched
He recovered nicely.

nellcote for bstage i was on rite front corner (i was the corner) touching the rail... funny as having never met people we could be standing next to one another and never know this happenned during bridges tour with myself and some undercover people.
January 16th, 2006 11:53 AM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Great show!
JJF solid openah
Rain Fall Down had zip
Memory Motel solid
Gimmie Shelter scorched
He recovered nicely.

too many hats, flowers and bra's...
January 16th, 2006 12:15 PM
Madafaka Simply an awesome setlist!
January 16th, 2006 12:25 PM
Nellcote Murphy's law Chevy, we were on left side front corner facing the stage.
Being at the B is the best!
Ronnie threw that bra at Charlie, almost hit him!
January 16th, 2006 02:07 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
What a setlist! Looks like they're licking it into high gear for the second leg. I've never been prouder of the boys.

And Beantown got a big namecheck each night: Rambler AND Motel. Tell me the place didn't go nuts for those two.

Uh, we also got a namecheck last night during IORR:

"I bet you think you're the only Pu**y in Beantown"

LOL
January 16th, 2006 02:17 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Setlist edited to include "You got me rocking" () as the first b-stage song

This was therefore a 21-song setlist, and not 20.

It was an interesting B-stage set though. The crowd chanting:

"Hey Hey, you got me rockin now"

and then:

"Hey hey, you you, get off of my cloud"

So, it was quite a "hey"-heavy part of the show. LOL

I was once again in lower arena Loge 4 which is full-on stage view and slightly to the right of the b-stage. It was great to hear LSTNT again. I'm not sure but it might have been better on Friday? Hard to tell but I'm glad they kept it in. Also, Memory Motel was a nice surprise and the crowd cheered loudly during Keith's lead vocals. Gimmie Shelter was a huge hit last night - the crowd of course cheering Lisa on and hoping she'll hit those high notes. I loved hearing Rocks Off again and Paint It Black as well. But I must admit that I thought the setlist on Friday was better - but if I look at both shows together, then, MAN was it a great 2 night stand.
January 16th, 2006 05:28 PM
kath i was happy to post the SMU note because somebody (somewhere) had just posted that they hoped they would play it...and voila! they did!

well, we could ALL make up a dream setlist (gawd knows we can, we've done it here and on sdb a millyun times), but for a real, this is what they did tonight setlist, it was pretty damn good.! i would have loved to have been there!

i'm just sayin'.....

January 16th, 2006 05:45 PM
Bob Tamp Both shows in Boston were lots of fun. The crowds were great, and Mick seemed to be having a ball both nights. It's hard to say which was the better show. Friday had AS TEARS GO BY, and a smoking MIDNITE RAMBLER. Sunday had the tour debuts of MEMORY and GIMME.
I need a break. Next stop for me, Jan 2oth, MSG
January 16th, 2006 06:29 PM
lotsajizz gets an '8' from me, half a notch down from Friday...mainly due to Woodie's lack of focus, I suspect he now has Lisa's cold - but Keith is much more focused now so it's all good...next stop for me is the US Tour closer on Fort Lauderdale on March 12th
January 16th, 2006 06:59 PM
jaggergurl OMG!! All I can say is WOW!!! YAY!!

and.. *swoon*
January 16th, 2006 07:35 PM
Gazza
quote:
kath wrote:
i was happy to post the SMU note because somebody (somewhere) had just posted that they hoped they would play it...and voila! they did!

you know I'm just teasin' ya kath
January 16th, 2006 07:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
Both shows in Boston were lots of fun. The crowds were great, and Mick seemed to be having a ball both nights. It's hard to say which was the better show. Friday had AS TEARS GO BY, and a smoking MIDNITE RAMBLER. Sunday had the tour debuts of MEMORY and GIMME.
I need a break. Next stop for me, Jan 2oth, MSG

we hope to see you at some point, Bob!
January 16th, 2006 09:06 PM
Soldatti Two words: Memory Motel!
January 16th, 2006 09:11 PM
glencar Running between here and TV set....24 is THE best show on TV.

Incredible, no?
January 17th, 2006 09:56 AM
jb You read the paper for 1/13 (13, 351) .....and for 1/15.....I won't comment.
Also, as I correctly pointed out, NightTime would be dropped for GS and LSTNT and MM would be included in set. No tough talking internet posters showed up in my face.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)