ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Savvis Centre, St.Louis, Mo - January 27 2006
© Karen Elshout thanks moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA - Jan 15 2006 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 15th, 2006 09:40 PM
LadyJane As always, with thanks to our Shidoobee friends!

1...Jumping Jack Flash

2.Let's Spend the Night Together

3. Rough Justice

4. It's Only Rock n Roll

5.Rocks Off

6. Memory Motel (Everyone is going nuts and this sounded awesome...OMG)

7. Rain Fall Down

8.Tumbling Dice

9.Gimme Shelter (OMG...this sounds so good too!)

Intros

10.This Place is Empty

11. Happy

12. Miss You

13. You Got Me Rocking (b-stage)

14. Get Off My Cloud (b-stage)

15. Honky Tonk Woman (b-stage)

16.Sympathy for the Devil

17.Paint It Black

18. Start Me Up

19.Brown Sugar

20. You Can't Always Get What You Want

21. Satisfaction

Running between here and TV set....24 is THE best show on TV.

LJ.

(Setlist edited at 1.42 am)
[Edited by Gazza]
January 15th, 2006 09:43 PM
PartyDoll MEG Same here!! Looks like Boston is getting another treat tonite... Back to 24.......
January 15th, 2006 09:58 PM
Gazza Memory Motel!! Excellent and surprising choice

Must admit that as they wouldnt have rehearsed during the five weeks they were off the road, I expected next to no changes in the first few shows of the 2006 leg

I'm pleasantly surprised that in the first 2 1/3 shows of 2006, we've had five tour premieres

Something tells me Mick has been reading a few disgruntled posts on the various boards about static setlists in his month off and has decided to tweak things a little

Now if we can just lean on him a bit more to do something about the last third of the show aside from change the songs' running order round a little
January 15th, 2006 10:00 PM
LadyJane Hold on to your hats for this update.

Gimme Shelter!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
January 15th, 2006 10:01 PM
PartyDoll MEG Someone posted on Shidoobee that Gimme Shelter is in the 12 spot-I can only hope that is true!!!

Great minds think alike!!
[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
January 15th, 2006 10:04 PM
Gazza Just occurred to me that the probable reason for Memory Motel's inclusion is the Boston namecheck in the lyrics. Hope thats not the only reason for playing it and it gets a regular airing
January 15th, 2006 10:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Hold on to your hats for this update.

Gimme Shelter!!!!!!!!!

Fuck me pink!!!
January 15th, 2006 10:07 PM
PartyDoll MEG I am lovin' this!! I think we are in for a treat this week!! Now if they would just dig out SFM....
January 15th, 2006 10:14 PM
Gazza Gimme Shelter takes the number of different songs played on this tour so far up to 50
January 15th, 2006 10:22 PM
Daethgod Memory Motel !!
fark yer !

January 15th, 2006 10:32 PM
LadyJane I just listened to a voicemail from ??? (guessing Nellcote).

Memory Motel with Mick on lead vocal and Keith chiming in for his solo.

No words to describe hearing that.

LJ.

January 15th, 2006 10:36 PM
Gazza Figured that up to now the exclusion of Gimme Shelter was because they were using Night Time as Lisa's showcase song.

Seems to be the case as tonight theyve dropped Night Time to include it.

I hope they do both in NY and keep the 'cover' song in the show each night, because Night Time has been the highlight of the tour for me so far
January 15th, 2006 10:43 PM
kath amazing setlist!!
January 15th, 2006 10:46 PM
kath they just did SMU!!!!!!

from SDB:

1...Jumping Jack Flash

2.Let's Spend the Night Together

3. Rough Justice

4. It's Only Rock n Roll

5.Rocks Off

6. Memory Motel (Everyone is going nuts and this sounded awesome...OMG)

7. Rain Fall Down

8.Tumbling Dice

9.Gimme Shelter (OMG...this sounds so good too!)

Intros

10.This Place is Empty

11. Happy

12. Miss You

13. Get Off My Cloud

14. Honky Tonk Woman

15.Sympathy for the Devil

16.Paint It Black

17. Start Me Up

18.Brown Sugar

and it's not over yet!!!
[Edited by kath]
January 15th, 2006 10:58 PM
kath YCAGWYW!!
January 15th, 2006 11:08 PM
Dan Sadly the setlist changes aren't for the better.
January 15th, 2006 11:08 PM
Brainbell Jangler What a setlist! Looks like they're licking it into high gear for the second leg. I've never been prouder of the boys.

And Beantown got a big namecheck each night: Rambler AND Motel. Tell me the place didn't go nuts for those two.
January 15th, 2006 11:09 PM
Brainbell Jangler That's "kicking," not "licking" (which was three years ago).
January 15th, 2006 11:11 PM
Kurtcobainkid87 Dan, I think you must be nuts. The setlist changes are catching people by surprise and equally good. These sets are awesome.
January 15th, 2006 11:16 PM
Dan
quote:
Kurtcobainkid87 wrote:
Dan, I think you must be nuts. The setlist changes are catching people by surprise and equally good. These sets are awesome.

"Awesome," but nothing I haven't seen them do before which seems to be the complaints about the set at the beginning of the tour. Rehashing the same tired setlist alternates from previous tours.

Don't they have a critically acclaimed new album out or something?
January 15th, 2006 11:30 PM
kath jeeeeeezzz
January 15th, 2006 11:43 PM
corgi37 Never liked Memory Motel. Gimme Shelter is a classic, but its been rather boring lately. Good to see them mix it up though. But, how about really surprising people, and do stuff like Heart of Stone, Complicated, Dandelion or even give Sway another go?
January 15th, 2006 11:59 PM
Paranoid_Android It's not that bad of a setlist...the new additions were fine..."Memory Motel" is a gem...Gimmee, a clasic that I cannot get tired of...just get rid of SMU forever...and I would be happy to hear Satisfaction a bit less seldom...

Replace 1 or 2 warhorses w/ other well known, seldom played songs...Dandilion, Love Is strong, Some Girls, Fingerprint File, Saint Of Me, and Little T & A...for example.

Afterall, the warhorses only became so because they have been played to death. They had to have a start sometime...why not start a few more?

Can't You Hear Me knockin'...was the highpoint for me on Licks...hope they crank that out again in San Juan!!
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
January 16th, 2006 12:17 AM
CraigP I was in the balcony section. In this particular section of the balcony and ONLY this one, all but a few were stood up at all.
When the Stones play the rockers I have to dance but these assholes kept telling me to sit down. I looked around and every other section except mine was up dancing.
This ruined half the show for me untill I went to the next section over and found a pair of unoccupied seats and rocked I rocked out.
Meanwhile, the geriatric ward sat there like a bunch of dead people.

Keith played well, not as good as the Fenway shows but his solos were on.
Ronnie I guess you could say sucked for the most part (probably wasted). Some of his solos were so off key.
Charlie and Mick were killer.

Memory Motel was excellent and played perfectly with so much emotion. When Keith started singing his parts of it I started to tear.

Overall, it was a better performance and setlist than the last time they played at the Garden in Boston during the Licks tour.

January 16th, 2006 12:50 AM
Dan
quote:
CraigP wrote:
I was in the balcony section. In this particular section of the balcony and ONLY this one, all but a few were stood up at all.
When the Stones play the rockers I have to dance but these assholes kept telling me to sit down. I looked around and every other section except mine was up dancing.
This ruined half the show for me untill I went to the next section over and found a pair of unoccupied seats and rocked I rocked out.
Meanwhile, the geriatric ward sat there like a bunch of dead people.

(snip)

Thanks for reminding me why I don't really like classic rock concerts anymore. No longer a real rock concert for real rock fans but rich bored old men playing for an affluent bored old crowd. The kind of thing that might look good on paper or sound good on tape but aint that good to actually be there.

And they skipped Oh No Not You Again, which just happens to be their best song since Satisfaction. Guess the new stuff just aint going over that well so they have to limit it to a token 3 songs.
January 16th, 2006 02:15 AM
Altamont Good Setlist, especially Rocks Off and Memory Motel. They should ditch Its only Rock and roll though.
January 16th, 2006 02:33 AM
chevysales just got back...great show from row 7 section c great seats... shitty drive from ct snow/ice earlier in day made for a lousy drive damn wipers froze up.

anyhow it looked as if ronnie was sick (flu or booze? which is it as he was visibly ut at times) or something tonight what a face he had on most of the night. even mick intoduced him as "he's so cold". at one point he was walking to back of stage when he realized his solo was up.

nice they threw gimme shelter and memory motel in there
solid b stage set lots of bras... too many for keith to fling at charlie's drum set.

also had the pleasure of meeting jb who was with his son and by the looks of him during show it appears jb has another stones fan in family. also met bjornulf (sp)?

wish i could have said hello to the boston crew at sully's (hello nellcote) but i didn't get there until 7:30 having left for normal 2 hour drive at 3:30.

hoping friday at msg gets some new songs or atleast give me rambler which i haven't heard at any of the shows i have been too this tour.

[Edited by chevysales]
January 16th, 2006 02:34 AM
chevysales
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Someone posted on Shidoobee that Gimme Shelter is in the 12 spot-I can only hope that is true!!!

Great minds think alike!!
[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]

it was #9 on the printed setlist.
[Edited by chevysales]
January 16th, 2006 03:07 AM
CraigP If they had included ONNYA, and/or Shattered/She's so cold/ Hang Fire would have been better than others
BUT I would have had to be in the section I found half-way through the show, beside the 'geriatric section'.

Geriatric Section - section of a Stones concert where everyone sits on their arses and bitch if you stand up (a.k.a. act like you are in at a rock concert or show a sign of life).

ROCKS OFF was an excellent surprise (except myself being in the 'geriatric' section during it.)

PARANOID ANDROID: I would fully agree with you about the classic rock concerts as being boring except for the fact that almost everyone in the arena (20,000 seats) were standing and/or grooving/dancing/fist-pumping/following Jagger's commands etc. (despite being an average age of 37-45) EXCEPT for the only section I was in for most of the rockers-damn it!

On the 'T' ride home, I was talking to a girl about the fact that almost everyone attending was on their feet (at least) at both of the Fenway shows.

Yeah, Mick did wrap Ronnies own coat around him before a particular number I can't recall, stating "He's so Cold" (pertainging to Ronnie)... I was a bit chilly in the arena perhaps... Below 0 F. in Boston to begin with... Ronnie may have had a cold, in that case, I forgive his mistkes.

[Edited by CraigP]
January 16th, 2006 03:15 AM
UGot2Rollme Gimme (f*ckin) Shelter!!!!

Memory Motel!

&

Paint it Black!

&

Happy!

Best set list I've seen so far this tour. The boyz are firing on all cylinders just in time for the Garden shows..
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)