ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Savvis Centre, St.Louis, Mo - January 27 2006
© Karen Elshout thanks moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NFL Playoffs Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 15th, 2006 04:12 AM
Brainbell Jangler Seahawks win! Win, 'Hawks, win!
January 15th, 2006 09:31 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Anyway, I'm jumping on the Colts bandwagon now. I'd like to see Manning get his superbowl ring.
January 15th, 2006 10:50 AM
chevysales
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
The Pat's coughed up 5 turnovers and the Bronocs benefited from a make believe first half touchdown caused by a make believe pass interference call by an official who was obviously under the influence (in this case, good old home cooking- in other words, home field advantage by a deafening crowd).

While the make believe first half touchdown was unfortunate & may have permanently swung all important momentum in Dever's favor, 5 TURNOVERS will get you beat every TIME.

Better team won. Also, Adam what's his name choked as did whole Pat's team (five turnovers). Even though I do believe without make believe, fantasy touchdown caused by make believe, fantasy pass interference call by official under the influence things may have been different. Momentum is a powerful thing. Then again, maybe not. The Pat's did commit 5 turnovers and Adam what's his name did miss a field goal. WE CALL THAT CHOKING IN THESE PARTS.

PEACE.,

patsies have benefited from others mistakes and bad calls since 2001 raiders game... tonight they got what they haved dodged for 3 years... a beat down and some of those bad calls going to the other team.

[Edited by chevysales]
January 15th, 2006 01:57 PM
T&A I don't care who wins now - I'm just thrilled that those Oh-So-Smug Patriots got their lunch handed to them. There has never been a more over-praised, under-deserving bunch in NFL history.
January 15th, 2006 04:15 PM
Nellcote Yep, no question, better team won last night.
No hard feelings, just great memories of the last
five years.
Some teams never get one Super Bowl, we've won 3 out of 5.
Upward & Onward!
January 15th, 2006 04:24 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Anyway, I'm jumping on the Colts bandwagon now. I'd like to see Manning get his superbowl ring.

LOL...not this year.
January 15th, 2006 04:31 PM
sirmoonie Holy fuck, did the Steelers just beat the piss out those geeky Colts.

Pittsburgh Steelers: 1 of them is worth like 10 of your'ns.

They kicked their ass, man. Even with the paid-off, scumbag, Islamic, hometown referrees who tried to work it for Peyton.

Look to the Pittsburgh Steelers to lead America back to greatness.
January 15th, 2006 04:39 PM
sirmoonie HAHA!!!

So howe much money did y'all chumps lose? You ponks deserve it, man....betting against the Pittsburgh Steelers is like betting against America.
January 15th, 2006 06:05 PM
T&A I'm betting against Pittsburgh and America. Cowher's foolish decision toward the end of the game shoulda cost him his job. Bush's foolish decisions every 5 minutes shoulda too...
January 15th, 2006 06:09 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
T&A wrote:
I'm betting against Pittsburgh and America. Cowher's foolish decision toward the end of the game shoulda cost him his job. Bush's foolish decisions every 5 minutes shoulda too...

What foolish decision toward the end of the game?
January 15th, 2006 06:21 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Oh well, can't win 'em all.

I'd like to see Manning get his superbowl ring.

Not in this lifetime, Motesie. Its pretty clear now that Pee Manning can't play in The Big Game. He can't rise to the occasion. His sock are wrinked and wet. There is more to the QB position that calling plays at jet speed, and letting the ball fly. See, e.g., Terrance Bradshaw, circa 1970s, for tips regarding finesse, poise, and moxie.
January 15th, 2006 06:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot Don't feel bad Pat's fans...you weren't getting past Pittsburgh anyhow.

Besides, Brady needs work on his putting. This gives him a month head start.

What the NFL does not want now is a Chicago v Pittsburgh matchup. The fair weather casual football fan wants to see points, not a defensive struggle with lots of punts.

What the NFL doesn't realize is the Rolling Stones drawing power. Highest ever ratings are a sure thing. Well, until the 2nd half anyhow. That's when the Stones fans tune out to go get fucked up.

After the injuryfest and Hurricane Owens destroyed my Philly Eagles this year...nothing could have made me happier than to see Pats fans have to suck a horsecock.
January 15th, 2006 07:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
...nothing could have made me happier than to see Pats fans have to suck a horsecock.

Oh well. I can live with that. That and 3 Superbowl wins in 5 years...yeah I can live with that
January 15th, 2006 07:10 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
T&A wrote:
I'm betting against Pittsburgh and America. Cowher's foolish decision toward the end of the game shoulda cost him his job. Bush's foolish decisions every 5 minutes shoulda too...

huh?? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you know nothing about football. By the way, the Stones may be playing at some game in February but the Super Bowl was played today and the Steelers won it. There is really no reason to watch the rest.
January 15th, 2006 07:14 PM
T&A
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

What foolish decision toward the end of the game?

3 kneedowns and the game is over - you DON'T hand the ball off and risk a fumble. A NYG coach lost a job over that years ago.
January 15th, 2006 07:15 PM
T&A
quote:
HardKnoxDurtySox wrote:

huh?? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you know nothing about football.

I'll put my credentials against yours anyday. Was a sportswriter for many years.
January 15th, 2006 07:32 PM
Sir Stonesalot T&A...

At the point in the game that you are refering to, Indy still had 3 time outs.

The Steelers could NOT kneel down 3 times to end the game.

However, a 2 yard Bettis run would most certainly have ended the game by making it a 2 score game with under a minute to play.

I have no problem with what Cowher did.

In fact, I think his two previous 4th down decisions were probably worse choices. Especially the one at midfield.
January 15th, 2006 07:37 PM
T&A but you don't hand the ball off. make indy take 3 timeouts, kick your field goal and see if Indy can go the distance in 30 seconds...Cowher will never have to deal with the question 'cos Vanderjagt blew it.
[Edited by T&A]
January 15th, 2006 07:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot Cowher has made a career out of making those types of calls, and he is beloved in Pittsburgh for it. It suits their style. And if you watch much Steelers football, you'd see that this type of call was typical Cowher.

And I disagree with you anyhow. That hand off is a pretty safe play. Bettis has been a pretty reliable ball carrier this year. Hasn't put the ball on the ground much. In fact, I'd say the odds were more in the favor of something good happening than the something bad that ended up happening. I mean, hindsight is 20/20, but I still think Cowher's call was OK. Like I said, that 4th down call at midfield was much shakier.
January 15th, 2006 08:01 PM
T&A
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Cowher has made a career out of making those types of calls, and he is beloved in Pittsburgh for it. It suits their style. And if you watch much Steelers football, you'd see that this type of call was typical Cowher.

That explains his many SB championships, I suppose...

And I disagree with you anyhow. That hand off is a pretty safe play. Bettis has been a pretty reliable ball carrier this year. Hasn't put the ball on the ground much. In fact, I'd say the odds were more in the favor of something good happening than the something bad that ended up happening. I mean, hindsight is 20/20, but I still think Cowher's call was OK. Like I said, that 4th down call at midfield was much shakier.

Odds of a fumble when the other team is gunning for the ball are much greater than a team going the distance of the field for a TD in 30 seconds with no TO's. I guarantee you that.

January 15th, 2006 09:24 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Odds of a fumble when the other team is gunning for the ball are much greater than a team going the distance of the field for a TD in 30 seconds with no TO's. I guarantee you that.<

Not when you are dealing with a quick strike offense like the Colts have. Manning and that group of recievers can put one on ya like lightning. I'll tell ya what I think...I'm thinking Cowher didn't think a 6 point lead was good enough. Manning & Co. had him gun shy. Can't really blame him for that.
January 15th, 2006 09:43 PM
sirmoonie I agree with Cow's decision on that one. Indy would have had at least a minute and started from their 30. More than enough time. And who'd a thunk Bettis would pop it. It was a good call by Cow.

Manning blows. At the post-game, he blamed his line for all his woes, even when it was clear he was a pigeon-punk. He'll never shine at the right time. He gets pissy when under the gun.

Steelers!
January 16th, 2006 09:01 AM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Yep, no question, better team won last night.
No hard feelings, just great memories of the last
five years.
Some teams never get one Super Bowl, we've won 3 out of 5.
Upward & Onward!

ribbing aside no football fan can deny what the patsies have done since 2001. and brady will be around for many more seasons to remember.
January 16th, 2006 09:04 AM
chevysales
quote:
T&A wrote:
but you don't hand the ball off. make indy take 3 timeouts, kick your field goal and see if Indy can go the distance in 30 seconds...Cowher will never have to deal with the question 'cos Vanderjagt blew it.
[Edited by T&A]

why not? the bus hadn't fumbled all year from what i read.
the play calls were exactly what a good team should have done.
January 16th, 2006 09:52 AM
Nellcote Chevy, sorry we did not hook up.
We were sitting at the bar at Sully's watching the Bears
get throttled, talkin Stones with folks, left right after the game was over.
Looking forward to more Saban-Belichick matchups next year..

Hey SS, I'd go check the playoff records, especially
the AFC Conference results of the Pats vs. Steelers
before you drink too much Kool-Aid about the Steelers beating the Pats this year. Pats have owned Steelers in the playoffs, this year would have been no different. Seems to me the Steelers took out Brady in '02, much like they took out Carson Palmer last week, and we still won, with a guy named Bledsoe at the helm, at the new stadium, with The Steelers vaunted kicker.
Oh, and by the way, great of the Eagles to have all
that bickering at the right time last year during the
Super Bowl, led to great team play. Thanks!
Truth be told, I like the Steelers this week, just not in Denver.
January 16th, 2006 06:38 PM
Some Guy Steelers Vs. Panthers Super Bowl XL
Steelers by 6.
SOL played live at halftime.
Colts are a buncha douchebags.
January 16th, 2006 06:54 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Steelers Vs. Panthers Super Bowl XL
Steelers by 6.
SOL played live at halftime.
Colts are a buncha douchebags.

See? I knew I liked you Some Guy. You have credible knowledge of The Score.

Yes, its certainly shaping up to be yet another Steeler Super Bowl victory.
January 16th, 2006 07:42 PM
Sir Stonesalot Nelly...

What do seasons past have to do with the here and now?

I don't care who beat what back when.

Next week the Steelers play the Broncos. And the Pats can watch on TV just like you & I...and the Eagles, LOL.

Point being, it doesn't matter if the Pats "own" the Steelers in the playoffs because the Pats are not IN the playoffs. They got beat...remember?

On a different note...is it just me, or has the officiating of these games been even more atrocious than usual? I mean wide spread B-A-D all over the damn place. And what friggin' instant replay are these guys looking at? It's like the officials are watching the game in an alternate universe or something.
January 16th, 2006 08:01 PM
charlotte What's interesting SS is that very few (I think only 1) officials were picked to officiate past Supper Bowls, in other words, they (NFL) had the B team in...go figure and the reason why so many poor decisions
January 16th, 2006 08:02 PM
Some Guy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

See? I knew I liked you Some Guy. You have credible knowledge of The Score.

Yes, its certainly shaping up to be yet another Steeler Super Bowl victory.

I was in at Super Bowl 9.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)