ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Savvis Centre, St.Louis, Mo - January 27 2006
© Karen Elshout thanks moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NFL Playoffs Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 16th, 2006 09:58 PM
T&A
quote:
On a different note...is it just me, or has the officiating of these games been even more atrocious than usual? I mean wide spread B-A-D all over the damn place. And what friggin' instant replay are these guys looking at?

agreed - even the NFL came down hard on the refs for the ridiculous overturn that nearly cost the Steelers. That reversal, had it actually affected the outcome, would have been the 2nd worst ever in playoff history after the delusional tuck call against the Raiders. That will stand alone for alltime as THE WORST.
January 16th, 2006 10:02 PM
sirmoonie What's the tuck call against the Raiders?

That Palomalu call was criminal. That official and the League should be investigated.
January 16th, 2006 10:05 PM
lotsajizz the tuck call versus the Raiders was the crime that gave birth to the Patsie dynasty

it's all based on a fumble that was called an incomplete pass one snowy night in January 2002

fuck replay

January 16th, 2006 10:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot >fuck replay<

I think the idea of replay is a good one. I have no idea why the NFL can't get their collective shit together and make it work right.
January 16th, 2006 10:47 PM
sirmoonie Yes, the tuck call. Now I remember. That was a ridiculous call.
January 16th, 2006 11:03 PM
Nellcote SS wrote:

Don't feel bad Pat's fans...you weren't getting past Pittsburgh anyhow.

Nelly...

What do seasons past have to do with the here and now?

I don't care who beat what back when.

Next week the Steelers play the Broncos. And the Pats can watch on TV just like you & I...and the Eagles, LOL.

Point being, it doesn't matter if the Pats "own" the Steelers in the playoffs because the Pats are not IN the playoffs. They got beat...remember?

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Oh armored one, you'd better care who won what when.
Because we would have beat Pitt handily, as the game would've been at The Razor, where again, records show, we own the Steelers. Coach B outcoaches "The Chin" in regular season, as well as the playoffs. I'm seizing your dream on (yeah I got an Aerosmith reference in!) statement that Pitt would've beaten the Pats, as much as that will not happen as well. Me thinks the humidity is crawling higher in the armor....

Sure the officiating stinks, NFL has been using lousy crews since '00. Regardless, The Pats beat themselves.
Let's see the Steelers, and I know you do not like to hear 'bout the past, however, do what the records say Pitt will not, that is defeat Broncos where they are unbeaten. Then we are talking about a team.

January 16th, 2006 11:19 PM
chevysales
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
the tuck call versus the Raiders was the crime that gave birth to the Patsie dynasty

it's all based on a fumble that was called an incomplete pass one snowy night in January 2002

fuck replay

here here! rite frickkin' on the money.

January 17th, 2006 02:36 PM
Jumping Jack Peyton was a choker at Tennessee and continues to be a choker in the NFL.
January 17th, 2006 02:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Because we would have beat Pitt handily<

You need a new crystal ball Nostradamus. The one you are using is obviously broken.

I guess you live in the same alternate universe as replay officials.

Pats fans. Still on their high horse even after everyone has seen first hand that they ain't bullet proof. Still woofin' after they got the heave ho. Ya'll need to learn how to eat your crow better. "Oooooo we'd beat the Steelers because it's at the RAZOR blibbity blabbity blah blah." This is exactly why no one likes Pats fans.

Good point there Nelly, no one can beat the Colts in the Dome either.

January 17th, 2006 03:15 PM
Nellcote Just deal in the facts, sir.
Records will show under the Coach B regime, Pitt & Philly
have lost everytime to us in the playoffs.
Call it what you want, records back it up.
Your fab Steelers better win for a change, or else you will humiliate the state twice in two years!
Last time we played Colts in the dome, held them
on the 1 yd line, four downs, two different times.
We can win anywhere, when the team is right.
Our record in Denver is lousy, it was all uphill.
You don't see me crying about a bad play do you?
We stunk Saturday night, without question.
But don't think the past does not speak the truth...
You call it showboating, when was the last time Steelers or Eagles won 21 games in a row?
In fact, you well should thank me, hot shot, because
our 7-1 record vs. The Colts put the deer in the headlights look in Peyton's eyes, which added to the Steelers throttle of the Colts.
So you will know, I took the Steelers this weekend, as I knew after the Chargers beat the Colts in December, at the dome, they were done.
Peyton had the classic "I am ascared of Belichick" look in his eyes.
Steelers were safe money.
I think the better matchup is Steelers-Panthers, battle tested....
Just win in Denver, my friend in steel, that's the start...
Oh, and thanks for putting me up with Nostradamus, I feel like my time on this planet I've arrived.
January 17th, 2006 03:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot I see your lips moving...but you're not saying anything.

I seem to remember a certain bet between the two of us....lemme see....who won that bet????

Blibbity blabbity blah blah. History means squat right now. Your boys are on the golf course. They have no chance to beat anyone because they have no more games to play. They are DONE.

Just exactly what good is that 21 game win streak going to do them THIS weekend?

See here's the great thing about this...I don't care if the Steelers lose. They are not my team. I have no emotion invested in them.

This year my team was 11-1 and won the Orange Bowl.
January 17th, 2006 03:36 PM
Nellcote Pullin ya chain metal man, you get the drift, and got the shot bottles!
Paterno is ageless, great action.
Upward & Onward!
January 17th, 2006 03:38 PM
gimmekeef Isnt that Notre Damus Nelly?....lol...anyway for my 2 cents (and I love the steelers).Pats were great champs and there is no reason to believe they wont be serious contenders for the forseeable future.Manning is unable to rise above in big games.You could see his eyes were red with like 9 mins to go for cryin out loud.Big Ben has a chance now...but 3 in a row on the road is tough..however Cincy and Indy were short hops so we'll see.....You're only great if you win the big ones!
January 17th, 2006 03:43 PM
Nellcote Good for you gimme..
Honestly, during the Saturday afternoon game in December,
when the Chargers were smokin' the Colts at home, I saw Manning had the "look" going, I knew they were done.
Too many times we've faced him, Coach B can get in his head, he's done.
Dungy is the same, probably why he was out in Tampa, cannot finish...
January 17th, 2006 05:57 PM
Some Guy A couple of items for Patriots fans to ponder during the offseason:

1. What happened to Brady's five layers of Visa protection? Did fraud monitoring drop the ball?
2. Should have played diet pepsi machine.
January 17th, 2006 06:02 PM
Nellcote No need to ponder anything Some Guy.
He had the best front seven in the game.
Faulk dropped the ball
Adam missed a kick
Brady threw an int.
We lost fair & square.
And short of losing Givens to free agency, we will be back next year.
You ready to spar, eh?
How's that game when we throttled you guys, at home no less last year working for you?
How does it feel to be sitting out another playoff year?
I've got a million of em if you want...
January 17th, 2006 06:17 PM
Some Guy I got nothing other than that.
The Falcons are pacing themselves.
January 17th, 2006 08:56 PM
sirmoonie At least we all agree that chicks dig guys who are Steelers fans.
January 22nd, 2006 07:48 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox hahahahahahahaha
January 22nd, 2006 08:54 PM
sirmoonie Steelers smoked them! Denver was busted, disgusted, and not to be trusted.

Super Bowl is a done deal. Steelers 35, NFC goober team 14.

Word on the street is that another Steeler dynasty is in its formative stages.
January 22nd, 2006 10:55 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Steelers smoked them! Denver was busted, disgusted, and not to be trusted.

Super Bowl is a done deal. Steelers 35, NFC goober team 14.

Word on the street is that another Steeler dynasty is in its formative stages.

Steelers 'N Stones
January 23rd, 2006 08:45 AM
Sir Stonesalot It wasn't really ever much of a game was it moonie? The Broncos had nothing for 'em. The Steelers just flat out SQUASHED the Broncos like little bugs.

I don't think Seattle can run and move the ball against Pittsburgh. I don't think Hasselbeck will have time to throw the ball. Detroit will be black n gold. It's easy driving distance from the Burgh. The Superbowl will look much like yesterday's game in Denver. Steelers 24, Seattle 10

Steelers and Stones. Mmmmmmm mmmm. Good cracker.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)