ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Savvis Centre, St.Louis, Mo - January 27 2006
© Karen Elshout thanks moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NFL Playoffs Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 7th, 2006 09:17 AM
Nellcote The Tournament Begins Today
"MISSION TO MOTOWN"
Good Luck to all combatants!
I will greet all this evening
at "The Razor", 8PM

[Edited by Nellcote]
January 7th, 2006 09:20 AM
BILL PERKS redskins!!!
January 7th, 2006 12:48 PM
RollingstonesUSA Panthers!
January 7th, 2006 02:55 PM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
The Tournament Begins Today
"MISSION TO MOTOWN"
Good Luck to all combatants!
I will greet all this evening
at "The Razor", 8PM

[Edited by Nellcote]

go jags!
January 8th, 2006 01:46 AM
Nellcote Another Florida team off to the golf course, two in one day...
Jags were never in this one.
Del Rio humiliated...
Patriots set new NFL record with 10 straight playoff wins..
They've not lost a home playoff game since 1978...
One game at a time for the two time defending NFL Champs...
The Razor was rockin tonight...
January 8th, 2006 05:04 AM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Another Florida team off to the golf course, two in one day...
Jags were never in this one.
Del Rio humiliated...
Patriots set new NFL record with 10 straight playoff wins..
They've not lost a home playoff game since 1978...
One game at a time for the two time defending NFL Champs...
The Razor was rockin tonight...

ouch...jags were in it defensively but who really expected them to match the pats for points.

hope ya get indy in indy and not the broncos.

now a sad one to watch was skins bucs a loooong game no offense.
January 8th, 2006 07:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Well, well.....it's off to Denver.
January 8th, 2006 08:31 PM
Nellcote One Manning down, one to go...
January 8th, 2006 08:50 PM
keithriffhard my whole familys been Redskins fans since 1970. they showed off their amazing defense at Tampa, hopefully Seattle will fall to the Skins! GO SKINS!
January 8th, 2006 08:56 PM
Nellcote It is amazing that Mark Brunell is still playing, effectively yet.
January 8th, 2006 09:00 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
It is amazing that Mark Brunell is still playing, effectively yet.

Gibbs, along with Shula , Landry, Parcells, and Noll is one of the greatest coaches ever.....I would be remise in not taking that into account when facing the highly overrated Mike Holgram....Absent Farve, the guy would have won nothing....
January 8th, 2006 09:01 PM
Nellcote Parcells is quickly losing his luster
His style of coaching has seen it's best day..
January 8th, 2006 09:09 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Parcells is quickly losing his luster
His style of coaching has seen it's best day..

Sadly, Johnson forced Shula out and we have never been the same...Saban seems like he has us back on the right track..the Johnson-Wanstadt era was an embarrasssment and a blight on one of the winningest and proudest NFL organizations of all time.
Is Kraft Jewish? I know Victor Kiam was.
January 8th, 2006 11:16 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Sadly, Johnson forced Shula out and we have never been the same...Saban seems like he has us back on the right track..the Johnson-Wanstadt era was an embarrasssment and a blight on one of the winningest and proudest NFL organizations of all time.
Is Kraft Jewish? I know Victor Kiam was.

Regretfully, we (true Bears Fans) had to suffer through the Wanstadt era as well. We (true bear fans) see this season as a great step in the right direction. Lovie Smith (note: Coach of the Year) did a fantastic job with many rookies playing crucial roles (See Kyle Orton, Mark Bradley, Chris Harris, Rasheed Davis, Robbie Gould, Brandon McGowan). While I think they can win one, maybe even two playoff games this year, I think we are a year away from being great (note: all crucial personell signed to long term deals). We (Chicago Bears) will need a healthy, productive year from both Mark Bradley and Rex Grossman, better production from the TE spot, maintain the same defensive intensity/speed, and continuted professional growth from Thomas Jones (a crime he is not in the pro bowl)
January 8th, 2006 11:19 PM
jb We love Chicago and may plan a vsit next century.
January 8th, 2006 11:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
We love Chicago and may plan a vsit next century.

We shall welcome you to our home and provide your rental car with garage parking
January 8th, 2006 11:26 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

We shall welcome you to our home and provide your rental car with garage parking

You shall be greeted!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 8th, 2006 11:52 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Regretfully, we (true Bears Fans) had to suffer through the Wanstadt era as well. We (true bear fans) see this season as a great step in the right direction. Lovie Smith (note: Coach of the Year) did a fantastic job with many rookies playing crucial roles (See Kyle Orton, Mark Bradley, Chris Harris, Rasheed Davis, Robbie Gould, Brandon McGowan). While I think they can win one, maybe even two playoff games this year, I think we are a year away from being great (note: all crucial personell signed to long term deals). We (Chicago Bears) will need a healthy, productive year from both Mark Bradley and Rex Grossman, better production from the TE spot, maintain the same defensive intensity/speed, and continuted professional growth from Thomas Jones (a crime he is not in the pro bowl)

Wannstedt (a proud native of Baldwin PA) is currently in the process of rebuilding the once proud Pitt Panther program with a top 10 recruiting class. He should not be forced to take the fall for a Bears franchise that has been consistently terrible for years- sans the Ditka (like Wanny, a Pitt graduate) era. Dave also is unfairly criticized in Miami as he had a 42-30 record there and was clearly sabotaged by Ricky Williams last season!
January 9th, 2006 08:00 AM
chevysales
quote:
HardKnoxDurtySox wrote:

Wannstedt (a proud native of Baldwin PA) is currently in the process of rebuilding the once proud Pitt Panther program with a top 10 recruiting class. He should not be forced to take the fall for a Bears franchise that has been consistently terrible for years- sans the Ditka (like Wanny, a Pitt graduate) era. Dave also is unfairly criticized in Miami as he had a 42-30 record there and was clearly sabotaged by Ricky Williams last season!

you can't be serious can you? wanny has been riding his/jj's dallas success for way too long... rebuilding pitt? did you watch them this year? while wanny maybe a good man he sux as a coach... and ricky williams didn't sabatoge the season he ran into a brick wall behind an ignored (for years) offensive line and would have been the next earl cambell had he stayed with norv turners offense and wanny's horrible coaching not to lose. he inherited a good defense that jj to his credit (the only crdit he gets) built while ignoring the offense and in the process wasted the best years of a good defense.

wanny has a mentality that permeates thru a team... coach not to lose! his draft picks sucked in chicago and sucked worse in miami! it will take a few seasons but pitt will go backwards history has proven it with wanny.

[Edited by chevysales]
January 9th, 2006 09:49 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
chevysales wrote:

you can't be serious can you? wanny has been riding his/jj's dallas success for way too long... rebuilding pitt? did you watch them this year? while wanny maybe a good man he sux as a coach... and ricky williams didn't sabatoge the season he ran into a brick wall behind an ignored (for years) offensive line and would have been the next earl cambell had he stayed with norv turners offense and wanny's horrible coaching not to lose. he inherited a good defense that jj to his credit (the only crdit he gets) built while ignoring the offense and in the process wasted the best years of a good defense.

wanny has a mentality that permeates thru a team... coach not to lose! his draft picks sucked in chicago and sucked worse in miami! it will take a few seasons but pitt will go backwards history has proven it with wanny.

[Edited by chevysales]

So then you're telling me that Ricky decided a few days before training camp to retire because he suddenly thought that the o-line was not up to par and that the longevity of his career was threatened? Sorry but that seems a bit far-fetched to me. Ricky was/is a straight downhill power runner anyway and I don't care what line he had, he was going to take a pounding regardless. And of course if your franchise picks up and leaves without a chance to acquire a replacement, your season is in severe jeopardy of being a disaster.
As far as Wanny's current job is concerned, yes I did watch Pitt this year and there was a lot of improvement from the start until the end of the season. You can't judge him based on record alone (I admit that 5-6 is disappointing) because he has completely changed the system and the culture around here. Give him a couple of years to implement his style and to recruit his players and we'll see where Pitt is.
January 9th, 2006 09:53 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
HardKnoxDurtySox wrote:

HE TOOK A TOP 25 PITT TEAM AND RUINED IT!REBUILKDING, MY ASS !!
January 9th, 2006 09:53 AM
sirmoonie Damn, the Steelers whomped on the Bengals. Beat the piss out of them.

The Pittsburgh Steelers.
January 9th, 2006 05:48 PM
chevysales
quote:
HardKnoxDurtySox wrote:

So then you're telling me that Ricky decided a few days before training camp to retire because he suddenly thought that the o-line was not up to par and that the longevity of his career was threatened? Sorry but that seems a bit far-fetched to me. Ricky was/is a straight downhill power runner anyway and I don't care what line he had, he was going to take a pounding regardless. And of course if your franchise picks up and leaves without a chance to acquire a replacement, your season is in severe jeopardy of being a disaster.
As far as Wanny's current job is concerned, yes I did watch Pitt this year and there was a lot of improvement from the start until the end of the season. You can't judge him based on record alone (I admit that 5-6 is disappointing) because he has completely changed the system and the culture around here. Give him a couple of years to implement his style and to recruit his players and we'll see where Pitt is.

pitt better have had some success later in the season heck they lost what there first 4 or so games? any win is a success at that point.

no one condones ricky (nor was it just one reason but setting the nfl record for carries in 2 seasons didn't help which i may add we were 10-6 and missed the playoffs when he won the rushing title because wanny coaches scared and not to lose) but he alone did not bring on our downfall (the winningest franchise since the merger btw).

ricky started a calamity of events that could have been controlled except wanny allowed the team to have a "what's going to happen next" attitude. wanny and lets not forget rick speilman (2nd rounder for aj feeley sending the pats a 3rd to move up 1 spot for vernon carey).

wanny's drafting killed us for 3 years (one year we got chambers and the juries still out on him although he ended season with flashes of what he is capable of). wasted picks along with passing anquion boldwin for jamar fletcher when we needed wide recievers not a zone corner trying to play in a press coverage scheme)... the list goes on and on. staying with jay fiedler passing on trent green with the famous quote "what can trent green do that jay fiedler can't do?".

DAVE WANNSTADT SUCKS AS A COACH and you (pitt fans... (marino cringed at the thought of wanny there i am sure) will find this out soon enough as chicago did and miami.

wanny needs to dump the moustache and go back to being a d coordinatoor as he was in dallas and with canes riding jj's (and all the success the both of them had at dallas can be directly traced back to the herschel walker trade and the lack of a salary cap).

neither did anything since although jj had some good defensive drafts in 96 and 97 he did nothing for the offense from 96 to 99 and wanny did even less from 2000 thru 2004.

addendum... wanny loses two to who declare for nfl draft one pitt's top receiver... another two transfer out... wanny is making his mark earlier than expected when will football teams stop being destroyed by the mustachioed one?

[Edited by chevysales]
January 9th, 2006 06:17 PM
Some Guy I'm just not that into it, currently.
January 10th, 2006 05:42 AM
Nellcote The clock is ticking for Denver...
One game at a time....
We get Tedy Bruschi back for this one...
January 10th, 2006 07:24 AM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
The clock is ticking for Denver...
One game at a time....
We get Tedy Bruschi back for this one...

denver can stay with brady point for point but i don't know if denver's defense can... unless brady plays ho-hum like last week then i smell a denver win. pats are hot now no denying that.
[Edited by chevysales]
January 10th, 2006 07:28 AM
Nellcote Belichick coached teams are virtually unbeatable
in the 2nd meeting of the year, starting with
Super Bowl 36 when they beat "The Greatest Show On Turf"
The War Room in Foxboro is operating on 24/7 time at this moment, preparing for the invasion....
January 10th, 2006 10:34 AM
jb Johnson-Wanstadt disgraced this organization....ruined Marino's last few years, and put a blemish on a team that up until their arrival, was still one of the upper eschelon teams in the NFL.....................I hate them both.
January 10th, 2006 10:46 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

The K.C. CHIEFS will still SUCK next season !!!!!!

**** END TRANSMISSION *****

WTF are they thinking hiring a proven loser????
January 15th, 2006 12:51 AM
time is on my side The Pat's coughed up 5 turnovers and the Bronocs benefited from a make believe first half touchdown caused by a make believe pass interference call by an official who was obviously under the influence (in this case, good old home cooking- in other words, home field advantage by a deafening crowd).

While the make believe first half touchdown was unfortunate & may have permanently swung all important momentum in Dever's favor, 5 TURNOVERS will get you beat every TIME.

Better team won. Also, Adam what's his name choked as did whole Pat's team (five turnovers). Even though I do believe without make believe, fantasy touchdown caused by make believe, fantasy pass interference call by official under the influence things may have been different. Momentum is a powerful thing. Then again, maybe not. The Pat's did commit 5 turnovers and Adam what's his name did miss a field goal. WE CALL THAT CHOKING IN THESE PARTS.

PEACE.,
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)