ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, Germany - 3rd August 2006
© Stuttgarter Nachrichten with thanks to Helmut!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Latest Britney Breakdown Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
5th January 2008 06:53 PM
tumbled yea we should just ignore her, that's the best thing...

5th January 2008 06:55 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
tumbled wrote:
yea we should just ignore her, that's the best thing...

No doubt! I have for years and it still won't go away.
5th January 2008 07:22 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
Season 4 of the wire starts tonight.

It's season 5, and it starts tomorrow.
5th January 2008 07:24 PM
fireontheplatter i'll be watching desperate hosewives.

eva longoria is hooooooooooooooooot
5th January 2008 07:24 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

It's season 5, and it starts tomorrow.

Opps a daisy..

Photobucket
5th January 2008 08:22 PM
Sioux Ok, so Dr. Phil visited her in the hospital and now she's out. The saga continues {whether we like it or not}.
5th January 2008 08:53 PM
guitarman53 Bubblegum Pop girl music! I hate it, that certainly isn't Rock 'N' Roll, & doesn't belong in a Rolling Stones board at all, I feel sorry for her, she's 26, & 27 is a dangerous period, Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin & Jim Morrison all died at 27, 27 is a bad Omen, so watch out.
5th January 2008 08:58 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Bubblegum Pop girl music! I hate it, that certainly isn't Rock 'N' Roll, & doesn't belong in a Rolling Stones board at all, I feel sorry for her, she's 26, & 27 is a dangerous period, Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin & Jim Morrison all died at 27, 27 is a bad Omen, so watch out.

i hope gypsy doesn't read this....she will call you a prude

get down jimmy
5th January 2008 09:00 PM
lotsajizz Just when you thought it could not get any more weird....that's what I love about this story...
5th January 2008 11:44 PM
gypsy
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

i hope gypsy doesn't read this....she will call you a prude

get down jimmy

quite the contrary - i agree with his post
5th January 2008 11:45 PM
gypsy
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Just when you thought it could not get any more weird....that's what I love about this story...

Just when you thought the bitch was gonna get help...WTF?

The only way this thing can get better is if the Nickelodeon executive turns out to be the father of Jamie Lynn's baby.

This is better than "Days of Our Lives."
6th January 2008 03:08 AM
glencar The missing Georgia hiker has overtaken this story!
6th January 2008 11:08 AM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
The missing Georgia hiker has overtaken this story!

terrible news indeed
6th January 2008 12:36 PM
Riffhard
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I agree with most of your points, except for her being a freak and pathetic. If it's true that she does indeed have a mental illness or a chemical imbalance, then she is no different from millions of men and women in the world who are suffering from the same disease. Calling her a freak and pathetic, again, just stigmatizes the mentally ill and shows how ignorant you are about the subject.
I used to think the same way you do...that depression is something you can just "snap out of." It's not. There's a lot more to it than that.

Gypsy my mother, God rest her soul, was a drug and alcohol psychologist. I am very well versed in the subject and am fully aware of the ramifications of mental illness and addiction. It's just that the "sympathy well" has run dry for me with Britney. I'm just flat out bone dry of sympathy for this woman. Having dealt,and still dealing with, a selfish drunken idiot who is affecting everyone in their drunken orbit, I fail to see where coddling them gets anyone anywhere.

Mental illness or addiction or a combination of both is horrible to witness. It's even more horrible to the watch the children affected become so harshened towards life at such a young age. I find myself doleing out my sympathy to them. Again, on this I speak with an intimate knowledge.

Yes, Britney is in dire need of help. However, it seems that she has either fired or distanced herself from her entire inner cirlce that has had the nerve to approach her with some sane rational advise. She's left with the yes men/women who are just finacial leeches. Her team of lawyers all just walked from her last week.

At some point she must be held accountable for her own selfish and irresponsible actions. Metal illness or addictions be damned. My mom would often tell her patients to "grow up", and yes, "snap out if it!" Often times the person suffering needs to be made aware of their own stupid selfishness, and how they are causing everyone around them to suffer even more than they are. In Britney's case her children are pure innocents and they are being juggeld around like bowling pins. It's pathetic, and this freak is responsible for all of it.

Riffy
6th January 2008 12:45 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I QUITE DIG THE MOM..JAMIE HAS BEEN RUINED

Perks ..................

I do not particularly care for your Avatar ( bottom )

That is NOT the Joey

Joeykins ! ™

6th January 2008 01:13 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

At some point she must be held accountable for her own selfish and irresponsible actions. Metal illness or addictions be damned. My mom would often tell her patients to "grow up", and yes, "snap out if it!" Often times the person suffering needs to be made aware of their own stupid selfishness, and how they are causing everyone around them to suffer even more than they are. In Britney's case her children are pure innocents and they are being juggeld around like bowling pins. It's pathetic, and this freak is responsible for all of it.

Riffy

Riffy.

There is a big difference, imo, in the treatment of drug/alcohol addiction vs. treatment of mental illness.

Most defintitely, those suffering from addicition must be made aware of the ramifications of their VOLUNTARY actions and tough love is warranted, ie interventions.

I look however, to my OWN Mother, God rest her soul, who suffered from Severe Depression with NO history of alcohol/drug addicition. Riffy, she would go into one of her down periods and just sit and stare out the window. She wouldn't take her meds, she would not eat, she wouldn't bathe, she wouldn't attend to her household chores. I did EVERYTHING in my power to make her "snap out of it". I would beg her, yell at her, plead with her through tears and she would just look at me and laugh.

So. What does a daughter do? No other choice. Stage an awful scene where one is forced to tell their Mother that she has two choices. Sign herself into a Private Hospital or threaten to call the Paramedics and have her taken against her will to the County Mental Ward.

Father screaming at me to stop.

Mother screaming at me "How can you do this to me? How can you do this to your own Mother? I'll never forgive you for this? I won't go. I won't go"

I had no Brothers or Sisters to help me.

Do you have ANY idea what that is like????
You KNOW me. You KNOW what kind of heart I have. But I had to be tough because as I was told by medical professionals, "You wouldn't think twice about taking action if she were having diabetic problems or a heart attack."

I did it three times. It never got easier, but I kept a note that she sent me after the first incident. She came out of the Private Hospital so much better and thanked me for being so caring and apologized for her behavior.

I share this with everyone to provide an insight. This was not easy to write.

Mental illness is tragic. It's so easy to judge, but until you have lived with this, you have no idea how difficult it is.

And as the 2nd anniversary of her death approaches this Wednesday, I miss her so much and I know she is finally at peace. The demons that haunted her for so long are gone. She now looks out for me.

LJ.
6th January 2008 01:29 PM
guitarman53 Lady Jane, thank you for sharing this, my Mother too, suffered from severe depression, only back in the 60's, they didn't have the medication they have today, & also the understanding of the Illness.
6th January 2008 01:54 PM
glencar
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

terrible news indeed

Yes but one should never hike alone, in any case. I speak from experience!
6th January 2008 01:58 PM
glencar My Mom had many children & she was bedeviled by post-partum depression in her later years. So I have deep sympathy for Britney on that score. However, her family is around & they used her as a cash cow & didn't stop her self-destructive behavior when it began. No one cared about this woman & now she's been released from the psych ward. I mean, she's got Dr. Phil looking at her. Dr. Fucking Phil? This story just gets more bizarre.
6th January 2008 01:58 PM
LadyJane
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Lady Jane, thank you for sharing this, my Mother too, suffered from severe depression, only back in the 60's, they didn't have the medication they have today, & also the understanding of the Illness.

I hear ya.
Unfortunately, my Mother did get the help she needed until she was in her 70's. She suffered for many many years and so did my Dad and myself.

Great strides have been made and there is NO SHAME in seeking help.

Back to Britney.
It is pretty sickening when Brit, Paris, Lindsay news is EVERYWHERE from tabloids to Fox News.

Our "celebrity addiction" is madness.

LJ.
6th January 2008 02:01 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I hear ya.
Unfortunately, my Mother did get the help she needed until she was in her 70's. She suffered for many many years and so did my Dad and myself.

Great strides have been made and there is NO SHAME in seeking help.

Back to Britney.
It is pretty sickening when Brit, Paris, Lindsay news is EVERYWHERE from tabloids to Fox News.

Our "celebrity addiction" is madness.

LJ.

Fox News actually had a great show about Britney last night. Greta Van Whatever. It's MSNBC that has been tabloidish. But carry on.
6th January 2008 02:05 PM
Nellcote Greta Van Facelift.
Britany is giving Winehouse a run in "the" pool....
6th January 2008 02:06 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
Fox News actually had a great show about Britney last night. Greta Van Whatever. It's MSNBC that has been tabloidish. But carry on.

See.
And you watched it.
And so do I.
And until WE stop caring about this crap, the media will look for more.

And who suffers?
The children who will grow up to carry on the cycle.
And on and on it goes......

I need a Stones Tour.

LJ.
6th January 2008 02:07 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes but one should never hike alone, in any case. I speak from experience!

i hike alone in the adirondacks and in new hampshire white mtns all the time.

why.....what happened to you?
6th January 2008 02:13 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

See.
And you watched it.
And so do I.
And until WE stop caring about this crap, the media will look for more.

And who suffers?
The children who will grow up to carry on the cycle.
And on and on it goes......

I need a Stones Tour.

LJ.

Of course I watched. I had just gotten home at 2AM from an extended "tour of duty" & I needed to unwind. I acre about other people. It's part of what makes me human. Yes, there is the trainwreck aspect but there is also the concern for our fellow human beings aspect. This poor girl/woman got the spotlight & promptly went nuts. Be careful what you wish for; you might get it. I know other families with these custody disputes/drug addiction issues but this one happens to be famous. I'm not too worried for the kids at this point since all this craziness is out in the open.
6th January 2008 02:16 PM
glencar
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

i hike alone in the adirondacks and in new hampshire white mtns all the time.

why.....what happened to you?

I was out west in 1997 in Vegas waiting for my first out of town Stones show (well, I'd seen them in Philly but that's like my vacay home). Some friends were supposed to arrive later but I decided to drive out to Zion Canyon & take a hike. I brought one small bottle of water & set out on my own. Very difficult hike (Angel's Landing) & by the time I conquered it, I was parched. Luckily, a tour guide happened by & gave me some water. I think I was close to dehydration. live & learn!
6th January 2008 02:18 PM
Riffhard Lady Jane believe me when I tell you I know what you went through. I know how tough it is to deal with somebody who is mentally ill. However, when reading your sad story about your mother, my sympathy still leaned more towards you than your mom. Why? Because that's just the way I perceive the varied problems of this disease. You were an adult child trying your damndest to deal with an unstable mother. The same is not true of Britney's case. She is affecting two toddelers that have no understanding of the real problem facing their mother. Plus there has been zero evidence of her suffering clinical depression. Some have speculated that she maybe suffering from bi-polor disorder. [But] nobody knows for sure because she has not allowed anyone to help her. Her stints in stupid Hollywood rehabs notwithstanding.

My mother used to tell me that even people that are going through a mental illness know the fundamental difference between right and wrong. Britney may well be suffering from some form of clinical deppression. She may just as likely be a selfish alcohol and druge addled pop star that refuses to seek the help she so desperatly needs.

Britney must know that holding her young children hostage is wrong. Again, in this case my sympathy is placed squarley with the children. She may show all the signs of a mentally unstable person. There is little doubt of that obvious fact. Yet she is also showing the signs of someone who is unbelievably self absorbed with nary a care in the world for the very real damage that she is causing her children.

If she gets help I would applaud her, but if she insists on doing everything possible to ignore everything but her own self destructive whims than I have zero sympathy or resepct for her as a person, but more importantly, as a parent.

Riffy
6th January 2008 02:20 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
My Mom had many children & she was bedeviled by post-partum depression in her later years. So I have deep sympathy for Britney on that score. However, her family is around & they used her as a cash cow & didn't stop her self-destructive behavior when it began. No one cared about this woman & now she's been released from the psych ward. I mean, she's got Dr. Phil looking at her. Dr. Fucking Phil? This story just gets more bizarre.

and you can bet that fucker is going to cash in on it too.
i bet brittny will be on his show soon. watch the rating go up up uuuuuuuuup
6th January 2008 02:27 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
I was out west in 1997 in Vegas waiting for my first out of town Stones show (well, I'd seen them in Philly but that's like my vacay home). Some friends were supposed to arrive later but I decided to drive out to Zion Canyon & take a hike. I brought one small bottle of water & set out on my own. Very difficult hike (Angel's Landing) & by the time I conquered it, I was parched. Luckily, a tour guide happened by & gave me some water. I think I was close to dehydration. live & learn!

zion....that place is the shit. gods country.

sometimes water is better than beer...

you were probably an inexperienced hiker back then is all.

i'm standing up to sing
6th January 2008 02:29 PM
glencar Yes, that was my first major hike. At the end, I had to pull myself up by grabbing onto chains. Pretty cool. I've since hiked all over the world, never alone & never w/o water & maybe some trail mix.
Page: 1 2 3 4

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)