ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, Germany - 3rd August 2006
© Stuttgarter Nachrichten with thanks to Helmut!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Latest Britney Breakdown Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
6th January 2008 02:31 PM
TampabayStone 3 pages on a Brittney thread!! Put it to bed already. Lets get back to women masturbating!
6th January 2008 02:33 PM
glencar This thread been hijacked!
6th January 2008 02:39 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, that was my first major hike. At the end, I had to pull myself up by grabbing onto chains. Pretty cool. I've since hiked all over the world, never alone & never w/o water & maybe some trail mix.

ever eat a frozen power bar?
6th January 2008 02:44 PM
Riffhard
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
3 pages on a Brittney thread!! Put it to bed already. Lets get back to women masturbating!

Yes. We agree. We doth love talk of female masterbation!

Riffy
6th January 2008 02:53 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffy

This Bucs game is almost as scary as that.
6th January 2008 02:57 PM
Riffhard From your perspective I'm sure that is true. Especially after that int. I, however, am quite enjoying it here in Jersey.

Riffy
6th January 2008 03:01 PM
pdog We all agree Britney and Hillary are all fucked up!

Photobucket
6th January 2008 03:04 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:
We all agree Britney and Hillary are all fucked up!

Photobucket

Common ground! We have found it once again! We are great!

Riffy
6th January 2008 03:07 PM
glencar
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

ever eat a frozen power bar?

All the time whilst skiing. Next weekend I'll have 2 or 3!
6th January 2008 03:08 PM
glencar
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffy

I sure hope Obama beats her silly!
6th January 2008 03:19 PM
lotsajizz Generally, there is far too much medication prescribed nowadays for these so-called 'mental illnesses'. Here, take another pill, have another shot.....follow the $ and you'll see whose behind this. Behavioral problems are NOT diseases and attempts to deal with them as diseases are doomed to failure....obesity as a 'disease', kleptomania as a 'disease', where will it end--the Soviets use to lock up politcal dissidents under the guise of mental health 'treatment', we're headed the same way...Jesus H. Christ, whatever happened to responsibility?!?!?!
6th January 2008 03:37 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I sure hope Obama beats her silly!

Super Tuesday is really gonna be big for both parties...
6th January 2008 03:38 PM
Jesus of Nazareth
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Generally, there is far too much medication prescribed nowadays for these so-called 'mental illnesses'. Here, take another pill, have another shot.....follow the $ and you'll see whose behind this. Behavioral problems are NOT diseases and attempts to deal with them as diseases are doomed to failure....obesity as a 'disease', kleptomania as a 'disease', where will it end--the Soviets use to lock up politcal dissidents under the guise of mental health 'treatment', we're headed the same way...Jesus H. Christ, whatever happened to responsibility?!?!?!

If stupid was a disease most of america would have it!
6th January 2008 03:40 PM
glencar Many Hilary supporters are saying, "America just isn't ready for a woman POTUS." Like we're ready for a black?
6th January 2008 03:41 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Many Hilary supporters are saying, "America just isn't ready for a woman POTUS." Like we're ready for a black?

the sherriff is a nigger... mark my words... he will be assinated like RFK.
6th January 2008 03:46 PM
glencar I don't see him actually getting elected. There are stories about his youth floating around & somehow the Clinton machine will get them out there...
6th January 2008 03:56 PM
Fiji Joe Obama is the future...and I have seen the future...it's called Louisiana...The shining beacon of populism
6th January 2008 04:54 PM
Sioux Boy, this thread is all over the place! lol

One more thing about Britney...seriously {I think, lol}. I wouldn't be surprised if she does either have some kind of mental illness or just severe reactions to addictions---bi--polar? Could be. Immature? Definitely. But, and I don't want to sound mean or cruel.....I think she's really quite dumb. I mean, really not intelligent. So, that's a lot going against her.

As long as those kids are put with somebody safe, she can either get herself together {with help}, or refuse help and possibly die. You can try to help people all you want to. But if THEY don't want to change--and act to change--there's only so much you can do. I just hope the judges in the child custody battle don't give in and let her have those kids back ANY time soon.
6th January 2008 05:03 PM
Sioux And, I meant to say, Lady Jane, I can't imagine what you had to go through... What a heart-wrenching story.... It's so hard to do the right thing sometimes. But you did the right thing with your Mom. How good to know that she understood and was thankful in the end...
[Edited by Sioux]
6th January 2008 08:57 PM
glencar A guy I work with, his brother just died after a 5 week battle with something called germ cell cancer. The kid was 22. This Britney stuff doesn't seem as important.
6th January 2008 11:58 PM
Sioux It's not. Believe me. That is really tragic...
8th January 2008 08:29 PM
The jinn, my friend. When a person is born into a dysfunctional family, you do not realize it until you have experienced functional families and become completely self aware as a separate survivable entity. Sometimes, depending on the dysfunction of the family, that might not be until late teens. Even then, you feel the "outsider looking in" feeling. Once you realize it is dysfunctional. The response from the family is often "All families are dysfunctional”

Humans are a social being. We need connections to others. This is seen often times when children are removed from horrendously dysfunctional homes even though the dysfunction might be so far as to cause physical pain the child cries and begs to stay with the caregiver. In older children or young adults, once you realize that the very family that should be your safe harbor are exploiting you (whatever reason or however ways) there can be two reactions distancing (running away or pushing them away) or joining the brainwash that all families are dysfunctional. Often times a person will create a family (have babies) in an effort to create a functional family, thinking they will do a better job Sometimes they do, but more often the dysfunction simply goes on for another generation. Depending on how bad the warping of the person is by the dysfunction, including how quickly they are able to realize their formative years was dysfunctional. Persons arrive at this point at different times in their lives. Sometimes you will find a person with self-realization of their dysfunctional family early. Everyone has met the 14-year-old runaway. Unless the caregiver is an obvious monster, oftentimes the child is expected to grow into a functioning adult in this environment. More so with children of influence, often the thoughts there are the child would be better off with the family than in state custody. What is that person to do? They survive, sometimes not so well.

So there you are at 18. Finally legally free from the family, but you may not realize the extent of social damage at this point and very well still cling to the notions that a caregiver actually cares. In a mere 3 years you are 21 expected to be a fully functioning adult with a game plan and a goal. God willing, you have not been exploited in a predator’s trap or dead at this point, so you are doing well. Congratulations. What a great thing. Being 21 brings on the self-realization again. Maybe by now you have learned some skills to address your caregiver’s dysfunction and you begin to confront the family. However, they tell you “look how great we are”... money money money... look at the success we are respected citizen in a respected community, there is nothing wrong. The only wrong is you. Baffled and confused by seeing black and being told it is white. You start along down the path, with this new knowledge that black is white. For some reason it does not work, and the world spins wrongly. Well at some point, you say “hey white is white and black is black”. In addition, you confront. This time pushing away the loony persons all the while, they are moaning, “We are the only one’s that can truly care. Why do you push us away?” Moreover, the chorus chimes in “Where is the family? Why push them away in times of need? Foolish! Foolish!” There you are most of your life spent in dysfunction and trying to make sense of what you witnessed. Let’s say you are 26 by this point. 20 years of your life has been spent in learning black is white. 6 years has been spent trying to make the world spin as if black is white. It must really suck to learn it that black is black and white is white. Not only that, but also all that you understand as love is connected to this inverted picture.

Family~ nowhere does it say we have to love them. Honor them, yes. Speak of their ethical accomplishments. Care for them, yes. This is food, shelter, medical and clothing to each their own ability. Show consideration to them, yes. Include them in your ethics pursuits.

[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
8th January 2008 08:58 PM
tumbled that's interesting. I am slow. I just realized at christmas that depression is almost 100% (wait, I change that to 60%) pervasive throughout my family. My father and brother are VERY HAPPY. I am very lucky I was taken care of very well and was not neglected, but one always thinks one coudl have done better with one's material. sometimes its an enormous effort to stray from the values your family has. Anyway, What is normal? there is a wide spectrum. I think parents and children do the best they can with whatever material they are given from their parents. In fact, sometimes, children seem to do better in adversity for some reason maybe b/c they are hungry for something or dont' take anything for granted. One thing for sure is tho that children always would rather be with their parents more than with anyone else even if they are not good for them which is another thing I realized about two children whose parents are in trouble over the holiday.

[Edited by tumbled]
8th January 2008 09:18 PM
The jinn, my friend. Here is a good page to undertand what is not normal.

http://faculty.ncwc.edu/TOCONNOR/428/428lect16.htm
Page: 1 2 3 4

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)