ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, Germany - 3rd August 2006
© Stuttgarter Nachrichten with thanks to Helmut!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Latest Britney Breakdown Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
5th January 2008 11:36 AM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Agreed 150 percent.
I have compassion for ANYONE suffering from depression/anxiety disorders as it's not an easy thing to deal with and the stigma is still rampant in our society.

If Britney had cancer we would not BLAME her.

It's the same way I now detest the use of the term "Crackers" to describe ANYONE as it could easily be used to describe ME.

LJ.

I will continue to use the term Crackers to describe that nutso former poster. It's sort of a term of endearment. And let it be noted that I was more compassionate about Britney's problems first. Her family's use of her to pay for extravagant lifestyles has been what's hurt her the most. She would have been better off being a bitch & cutting them out of her life, especially Lynn Spears.
5th January 2008 11:37 AM
glencar Is Thomas Szasz a scientologist? I've known a person or two with schizophrenia. It involved more than talking to the dead.
5th January 2008 11:52 AM
lotsajizz Szasz is not a scientologist, but he sure does share the same disdain for the psychiatric profession. I do too, but do agree that Szasz takes it a little too far.
5th January 2008 11:55 AM
glencar Adrianne Curry has some extremely harsh words for Britney Spears!

The Top Model alum and reality TV whore just wrote the following on her official blog:

"Spears is a fucking trainwreck

Brit is in BIG trouble

Someone take these children the fuck away from this woman! She needs help in every which way. The CHILDREN deserve better. She loves herself and her problems more than she cares about her own children.

Sadly, K-fed isn't Dad of the year either. Didn't he leave Shar Jackson for Spears when Shar was knocked up? Then, didn't he barely see his children while he jetted around giving Brit Brit the pole?

Those kids deserve a stable life. When Britney gets sober oneday, I bet she will completely agree with me.

Get help, save your children, and PLEASE, GET THE FUCK OFF MY TV! I am tired of seeing a strung out addict. Come back when you can function."
5th January 2008 12:16 PM
Sioux
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:

That is hilarious! Loved it...
5th January 2008 12:28 PM
Sioux So many of the young stars of today, particularly the females, seem to be unable to handle the lifestyle. When you are young, have money and NO direction of how to behave or live, and have not only "yes" men but also quick and easy access to drugs and drink, unless you are a truly mature and grounded young person, the temptations are just going to be too great. And if you have an addictive personality or find that you have developed an addiction to alcohol or drugs, well, most have to hit rock bottom before they are able to crawl their way back up again. Lynn Spears {and Dad} have not at all lived up to their role as parents. And, even now, it takes THIS to get Mom to rush to Britney's side. It's time everyone starts looking at these kids as PEOPLE instead of their meal ticket. I hope they keep Britney as long as they can, and evaluate her and try to find a treatment plan for her. I don't know how bright she is, but I don't think she's taken things seriously until now. Or maybe she just doesn't know how to even go about finding help. Someone needs to step in and start caring for her, as they would a child.
5th January 2008 12:37 PM
lotsajizz Ah, a lot here are pickin' on the Mom. There is no denying that she is pathetic white trash who should've been fixed, but as to her not coming to aid Britney recently, the two have been long estranged with Britney telling her to fuck off and mind her own business. The mom has tried to contact her in recent months only to be rebuffed by the popwreck. Oliver Wendell Homes had it right when he wrote '3 generation of idiots is enough' in upholding forced steralization.
5th January 2008 12:56 PM
LadyJane
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Ah, a lot here are pickin' on the Mom. There is no denying that she is pathetic white trash who should've been fixed, but as to her not coming to aid Britney recently, the two have been long estranged with Britney telling her to fuck off and mind her own business. The mom has tried to contact her in recent months only to be rebuffed by the popwreck. Oliver Wendell Homes had it right when he wrote '3 generation of idiots is enough' in upholding forced steralization.

You make some excellent points!
We agree.
See that.

LJ.
5th January 2008 01:18 PM
glencar You like forced sterilization too????
5th January 2008 01:29 PM
morocco Folks, I'm not sure if you realize this but Britney is a rock star. She is supposed to be wild, drunk, drugged out, insane suicidal, and under police custody.

This is what rock and roll is all about! Does anyone remember Keith Richards? Is he "white trash"? No, he is a hero, so is Britney. Britney is rock and roll. Get over it.
5th January 2008 02:19 PM
glencar I was about eight when Keith started down this road & I had no idea what drugs were. I'm old enough to be Britney's uncle (LOL) & I have concern for her condition.
5th January 2008 02:35 PM
gypsy
quote:
morocco wrote:
Folks, I'm not sure if you realize this but Britney is a rock star. She is supposed to be wild, drunk, drugged out, insane suicidal, and under police custody.

This is what rock and roll is all about! Does anyone remember Keith Richards? Is he "white trash"? No, he is a hero, so is Britney. Britney is rock and roll. Get over it.

A rock star?
No.
A pop tart?
Yes.
5th January 2008 02:39 PM
gypsy
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Ah, a lot here are pickin' on the Mom. There is no denying that she is pathetic white trash who should've been fixed, but as to her not coming to aid Britney recently, the two have been long estranged with Britney telling her to fuck off and mind her own business. The mom has tried to contact her in recent months only to be rebuffed by the popwreck. Oliver Wendell Homes had it right when he wrote '3 generation of idiots is enough' in upholding forced steralization.

I agree.
From what I've read, the mother has tried to help her and has been shunned by Britney.

I used to get the urge to radiate the hell out of white trash patients, rendering them unable to reproduce.

5th January 2008 02:41 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
You like forced sterilization too????

I ain't rulin it out!!!
You forget that I work in an urban hospital for Children.

I see incompetent parenting on a daily basis.

LJ.
5th January 2008 02:42 PM
morocco Possibly one of the most powerful images of the past year has been Britney Spears grinning like a demon in the back of an ambulance.

Have you ever heard the phrase, "The men in the white coats are coming to get you"? This saying has come true for Britney Spears and she is again proving she is the most exciting rock star in the world.

Hundreds of helicopters. Police cars, fire trucks, camera men, reporters, lawyers, doctors, lights, sirens stretchers and handcuffs. Then there is that one great iconic image.

Not too many have a great, maniacal grin when loaded into a guarded hospital car and taken to a suicide watch. This is all over the news, all over the papers, all over the magazines. Experts everywhere are commenting about this freakstorm called Britney.

What a great star she is! Folks, this is rock and roll.
Does anyone remember when rock was exciting, fun, and freaked out the straights?

Drugs, sex, insanity, suicide and rock and roll. Keep it up Britney we love you!

5th January 2008 02:42 PM
LadyJane
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I agree.
From what I've read, the mother has tried to help her and has been shunned by Britney.

I used to get the urge to radiate the hell out of white trash patients, rendering them unable to reproduce.

Read what I just wrote.
You understand, Sistah.

Great minds......

LJ.

5th January 2008 02:59 PM
Riffhard
quote:
morocco wrote:
Possibly one of the most powerful images of the past year has been Britney Spears grinning like a demon in the back of an ambulance.

Have you ever heard the phrase, "The men in the white coats are coming to get you"? This saying has come true for Britney Spears and she is again proving she is the most exciting rock star in the world.

Hundreds of helicopters. Police cars, fire trucks, camera men, reporters, lawyers, doctors, lights, sirens stretchers and handcuffs. Then there is that one great iconic image.

Not too many have a great, maniacal grin when loaded into a guarded hospital car and taken to a suicide watch. This is all over the news, all over the papers, all over the magazines. Experts everywhere are commenting about this freakstorm called Britney.

Does anyone remember when rock was exciting, fun, and freaked out the straights?

Drugs, sex, insanity, suicide and rock and roll. Keep it up Britney we love you!

Rock star?! WTF?! She is no rock star! She's a god damned pop princes who is going through a nervous breakdown before the entire world. She is in the same league as Amy Winehouse, but with much less talent. Plus, she has children! She is in the process of ruining two very young children's lives, and you think that that is exciting and cool?

She's a fucking freak, and the court should remove her children from her until she gets her shit together. If she ever does. Doubtful at this point. She's surrounded by "yes men/women" and they dare not speak up for fear of losing their jobs. She's fucking pathetic!

Riffy
5th January 2008 03:05 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
morocco wrote:
Possibly one of the most powerful images of the past year has been Britney Spears grinning like a demon in the back of an ambulance.

Powerful? Exciting? Iconic image?

Stalkerazzi stumbling all over themselves for the get isn't my definition of any of those things.

Britney needs to retreat to from whence she came, the backwoods of Louisiana.
The only helicopters there are used for crop dusting.

5th January 2008 03:08 PM
Sioux
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I ain't rulin it out!!!
You forget that I work in an urban hospital for Children.

I see incompetent parenting on a daily basis.

LJ.

And I work with school aged kids in a day care center, and I can totally agree with that incompetent parenting thing! It's crazy....starts early and then you lose control. Don't come into the day care and ASK junior "Are you ready to leave yet? No? Well, you let me know when we can go", etc. etc. etc. Tell the kid "Ok, time to go. Get your stuff" and make sure they understand and FOLLOW YOU OUT THE DOOR.....oy.

Ok, didn't realize that Brit's Mom had tried to help and been shunned. Yes, that girl is just a pop tartlet, but I really think she is STILL a little girl {or at least acts like one}. And if she does have some kind of mental illness, well, that just compounds the problem. I do hope they can keep her in the hospital or wherever long enough to try to really help her long term. It's going to take awhile. But she really shouldn't be allowed access to her kids until she shows vast {and lasting} improvement. I heard that she took the youngest and locked the both of them in the bathroom, laughing hysterically, until the cops broke down the door...
5th January 2008 03:11 PM
BILL PERKS I QUITE DIG THE MOM..JAMIE HAS BEEN RUINED
5th January 2008 03:27 PM
gypsy
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Rock star?! WTF?! She is no rock star! She's a god damned pop princes who is going through a nervous breakdown before the entire world. She is in the same league as Amy Winehouse, but with much less talent. Plus, she has children! She is in the process of ruining two very young children's lives, and you think that that is exciting and cool?

She's a fucking freak, and the court should remove her children from her until she gets her shit together. If she ever does. Doubtful at this point. She's surrounded by "yes men/women" and they dare not speak up for fear of losing their jobs. She's fucking pathetic!

Riffy

I agree with most of your points, except for her being a freak and pathetic. If it's true that she does indeed have a mental illness or a chemical imbalance, then she is no different from millions of men and women in the world who are suffering from the same disease. Calling her a freak and pathetic, again, just stigmatizes the mentally ill and shows how ignorant you are about the subject.
I used to think the same way you do...that depression is something you can just "snap out of." It's not. There's a lot more to it than that.
5th January 2008 03:32 PM
gimmekeef Not sure whats more pathetic...her illness or peoples freakin obsession with her...
5th January 2008 03:47 PM
lotsajizz geez...I agree with riffy and LJ agrees with me! Britney's a uniter not a divider....
5th January 2008 04:28 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
geez...I agree with riffy and LJ agrees with me! Britney's a uniter not a divider....

Yeah, well i think you're all crazy!!!

On a serious note, we can be sure of one thing, Britney likes drugs and booze! And I'm sur, you remove that, and she's 90% less fucked up acting.
5th January 2008 06:03 PM
tumbled the best thing she can do for herself and her children at this point is drop out of public life and live a simple life far away from hollywood and new york and decide that being an adult is far more fun than being a child. (more freedom)
5th January 2008 06:14 PM
Lavendar Who didn't like partyin at that age!?
She chose to have children or did he set her UP!
I blame Fed er line for F-in her up, in more ways then 1
I hope Britney finds her Peace some day and not the way many others have.
5th January 2008 06:15 PM
Joey
quote:
Lavendar wrote:
I hope Britney finds her Peace some day and not the way many others have.

Pray for the Babe ....
5th January 2008 06:28 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I used to think that way. But in all seriousness, she is a girl suffering from a mental disorder. It's very sad, really. I believe she suffered post-partum depression after the births of each of her children. She's surrounded by yes-men and various hangers-on, none of which care about her mental well-being. I think what happened - her being ordered to undergo a psychological evaluation - is the best thing to happen to her. She needs help, and it looks like she is finally going to get it.
I really don't think she's talented, and I don't think she's smart, but underneath it all she is a human being.

you're right. i was being harsh in my comment. please excuse as i was drinking and posting.
5th January 2008 06:33 PM
tumbled its a tragedy cuz the children should be first at this age but in this situation they cannot be and its not good for them, the minders want to keep their jobs. Mom needs to step up to the plate. she was acting as an adult at a very young age, she never was allowed to be a child and now she does the same to hers.
[Edited by tumbled]
5th January 2008 06:49 PM
TampabayStone Season 4 of the wire starts tonight. A little more news worthy, no?
Page: 1 2 3 4

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)