ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones are Dead Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
11-29-01 11:41 PM
Happy Motherfucker Oh yeah, Adam goodbye. I'm sure the people at the U2 site are just going to love you there!
11-30-01 12:51 PM
adam krupa You are not going to believe this - but they have banned me. All their fans have even less than the stones fans.

But the U2 machinery obviously didn't want me to damage the sales. All I did to get banned was post a new message saying...Bono sucks Britney Lemon's..

Obviously the Stones are a little bit more secure than U2 - but they should quit- don't you think?
11-30-01 01:47 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Adam,

Who do you want to quit? The Stones or U2. The way you worded your post could mean either.

Also, this is not an official Stones site. I'm guessing that you posted on U2's official site. That's why you got banned. Go try to post some of the shit that you post over at mickjagger.com. You'll get banned from there in a heartbeat as well. Official sites are very intolerant. You either extoll the virtues of the band, or you are gone.

You might catch some guff from some people here because of your views, but we all understand your right to your opinions. I don't think the admin people here will ban you, unless you start flooding or spamming. Your views may annoy some of us, but we'll tolerate you. Just be prepared to get spanked.
11-30-01 04:26 PM
adam krupa you see, that is the difference between a band that can overide critiscism and U2. I think maybe U2 cannot do that, and I saw Bono on Television tonight and he looked stupid. Don't get me wrong I was a big fan of all their stuff, then greed takes over - what a shame
11-30-01 10:13 PM
~AzQb
quote:
Torn & Frayed wrote:

Mick Taylor played with the Grateful Dead at Madison Square Garden on 9.24.88
Sat in on Little Red Rooster and West LA Fadeaway.

Now you know.

Sorry....MickTheQuitter don't count ; )
11-30-01 10:15 PM
~AzQb

Mick Taylor played with the Grateful Dead at Madison Square Garden on 9.24.88

Now you know. {quote}

Nope, MickTheQuitter don't count, baby ; )
After '74, he really never did!
11-30-01 10:17 PM
~AzQb

Quote: "Mick Taylor played with the Grateful Dead at Madison Square Garden on 9.24.88

Now you know." enquote.

Sorry, baby. MickTheQuitter don't count ; ) he hasn't since '74.
11-30-01 11:19 PM
Torn & Frayed
quote:
~AzQb wrote:

Quote: "Mick Taylor played with the Grateful Dead at Madison Square Garden on 9.24.88

Now you know." enquote.

Sorry, baby. MickTheQuitter don't count ; ) he hasn't since '74.

Perhaps not.
Odd that it required three posts for you to make your point though.
12-01-01 06:07 AM
adam krupa For all Stones fans. I just wanted to inform you that I have called Mick Jagger a Mongul and have not been banned yet.. this proves to me that the institution of the Rolling Stones is quite well..
12-01-01 08:23 AM
moy maybe it is because the administrators do not read your messages and are assuming the regulars do the same 'cause they are so boring zzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz zzz
12-01-01 04:05 PM
adam krupa Mick Jagger is a camel.... ok just testing
12-01-01 06:58 PM
Gazza yeah cos he has more "humps" than you do
12-03-01 01:41 AM
~AzQb

Ohhhhh GazzaManofEminence!

Good one ; )
12-03-01 01:43 AM
~AzQb
quote:
Torn & Frayed wrote:

Perhaps not.
Odd that it required three posts for you to make your point though.

That was a misTAKE, darling. You make them once in awhile, don't you? I would say the answer would be, because yer APPARENtly human,a reSOUNDing "yes".

"Help me get that beehive outta mah hair, Ronnie!"
~A
12-12-01 05:43 PM
adam krupa I had to come back - just to have a little look at messages as I've had trouble sleeping.

Seriously, something that many of you will not believe has occurred earlier on today. I as you all know have been agitating a few people in a semi-serious way. Anyway I have been criticising Paul Mccartney's paintings (i think they are rubbish). Somehow he found my telephone number and rang me up to have a go at me!

If it was a joke I would be very surprised - now there's a good story for you.
12-12-01 05:50 PM
Gazza Mick will be phoning you tomorrow for some advice on how to score with women!
12-12-01 11:07 PM
SlackerZ No The Stones are not Dead because the stones are A MIRACLE!
We have to thank God to let us leave this times, when we can go and see them on tours, or buys new cds. I think they get better with time! The only thing you have to do to really love them it is just listen everything you can get of them, it's like drugs you only want more and more, you can't stop listening! Take my advice and enjoy listening the stones music for the rest of your life!! and be thankfull!!!
Thanx all STONES for giving to the fans all those moments of happiness!! =)
12-13-01 04:11 AM
Jane Wyman You're preaching like a bad reverent, Slacker.
In which church can we find you?
Amen!
12-13-01 09:01 AM
adam krupa The church of honesty - the stones I have come to realise are more than now. They are like antiques-- they become more expensive and frail with time, but will always be the represent the essence of youth - therefore become more of a romantic myth to people...

My case is rested - the stones are not dead...
12-16-01 05:20 PM
FujiSaki Which of these new bands out there are you referring too Adam. I've recently become aquainted with several really really good somewhat obscure, newer bands. I'll mention names later, I'm just curious about which bands Adam is into. Also, U2 is bloody terrible. Melodyless horse piss if I've ever heard any. Sooooooo boring. As far as other classic artists recordings in the past decade or so, I'd say Dylan is on about the same level as the Stones and Neil Young takes the cake. In particular, WELD, Harvest Moon and Sleeps With Angels are some of the best albums I've ever heard in my life. The rest fall far, far below. (although McCartney's Flaming Pie was good and Clapton's From The Cradle was GREAT.)

What type of band do you manage Adam?
12-16-01 06:04 PM
F505 Johnny Bra and the Corsetto Boys
12-16-01 10:42 PM
The Eggman I went to both schools Neil Young went to
12-17-01 01:53 AM
~AzQb

Gee...i bow and kiss yer ring...
12-17-01 02:28 PM
adam krupa The band I manage are a heavy version of the Stone Roses. It is a very hard thing to describe to someone what noise a band makes. They have good strong aggressive vocals and a backing singer who sings well - they would have fitted well into Tho Who territory. That is who they remind me of as well.

The guitarist is the best I've heard for a long time - including Jimi Page @ wembley arena - and the drums and bass are one of the strongest backbone - I've heard in a long time.

They have got that something magic - And we have interest from Pete Townshend to produce them early next year. I think that the Americans would love them.
12-17-01 02:47 PM
FujiSaki sounds like yet another generic hard rock band...
12-17-01 03:32 PM
Gazza >I went to both schools Neil Young went to

I went to the same school as Van Morrison....football legend George Best too..any others here share schools with the stars? LOL

>Gee...i bow and kiss yer ring...

Annie..in my part of the world your "ring" means something else entirely. "Kissing someones ring" would be a form of serious sexual deviancy which would be hard to find even in the most depraved websites. Just thought I'd let ya know....lol

12-17-01 07:12 PM
adam krupa Fujisaki - you prove my point that it is hard to describe music in words. I wouldn't be messing about looking after a band that couldn't do something a bit different from the rest, I'm not a complete ignoramus - you are just trying to knock me because of some of my other posts. In which case I understand that, but you asked me about the band, and I tried to tell you. Have you ever heard The Stone Roses? I don't think you understand rock music that well if you think that what they put out was shit..
12-18-01 01:00 AM
The Eggman Gee...i bow and kiss yer ring...

is that a joke?
12-18-01 01:33 AM
~AzQb

Annie..in my part of the world your "ring" means something else entirely. "Kissing someones ring" would be a form of serious sexual deviancy which would be hard to find even in the most depraved websites. Just thought I'd let ya know....lol

[/quote]

Gazza! Don't you know i "meant" it just that way???

Gigglegigglesnick&snort!
What i find so terribly interesting about it all is that being around "famous" people-- even so remotely as in going to the same schoool as one who is famous, sometimes seems to make otherwise rational people somewhat mad! And that I find hilarious!

The sincerest of love to you, Gazza of EminenceWellEarned ; )

~A
12-18-01 01:34 AM
~AzQb
quote:
The Eggman wrote:
Gee...i bow and kiss yer ring...

is that a joke?

Quite.
Page: 1 2 3

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.