ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

The Bluesbreakers live on stage 1968
Happy 57th birthday Mick Taylor!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Re-Thinking The Super Bowl Setlist Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 12th, 2006 01:55 PM
gimmekeef As we get closer to this I think that any songs with overtly controversial lyrics will not be played.Cant see the band agreeing to any blip outs.That rules out quite a few including SMU.So my guess is down to these 3 then:
*Jumpin Jack (opener)
*Rain Fall Down (funky bass etc and new)
*Satisfaction (to close)
That would run about 15-18 minutes and is about all they are likely to get...(other than the huge appearance fee!)
If there is more time then a motown salute of Aint Too Proud To Beg.....
January 12th, 2006 02:02 PM
erikjjf
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

"The bankers are BLEEPERS every Thursday night,
they just vomit on the ground..."

January 12th, 2006 02:03 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

*********** WTF ?!?! **************

Son !

I have got some news for you --- they AIN'T gonna play THAT abortion on live television ever AGAIN .

Now , let's cool our heels and think it over , shall we ?!?! ... Me thinks the following numbers will be's most appropriate :

Paint It Black
Beast of Burden
Satisfaction
Jumping Jack Flash

.............what say you's ?!?!

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

JACKY !

Jacky ! ... Jacky ! ... Jacky ! ®
January 12th, 2006 02:06 PM
jb sADLY, THEY MAY FORCE IT ON US...AND 1 BILLION TOILET DUMPINGS WILL CAUSE MASSIVE WATER LEVEL DROPPINGS THROUGHOUT wORLD...
January 12th, 2006 02:07 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:

*********** WTF ?!?! **************

Son !

I have got some news for you --- they AIN'T gonna play THAT abortion on live television ever AGAIN .

BRILLIANT! POST OF THE DAY!!!!

ahhh... but only if it were true :sigh:

I will be losing a lot of sleep until SB fretting over having to witness that train wreck again.

I hope you are right Joey!!

cheers!
January 12th, 2006 02:11 PM
Joey " sADLY, THEY MAY FORCE IT ON US...AND 1 BILLION TOILET DUMPINGS WILL CAUSE MASSIVE WATER LEVEL DROPPINGS THROUGHOUT wORLD..."

I kinda wish you hadn't said .... ' droppings '

********* IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION *******
January 12th, 2006 02:13 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" sADLY, THEY MAY FORCE IT ON US...AND 1 BILLION TOILET DUMPINGS WILL CAUSE MASSIVE WATER LEVEL DROPPINGS THROUGHOUT wORLD..."

I kinda wish you hadn't said .... ' droppings '

********* IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION *******

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blondie_Chaplin
January 12th, 2006 02:15 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I hope you are right Joey!!

cheers!

Saint Sway .............................

Come .... and ' Snuggle to the Joeykins ' !!!!

January 12th, 2006 03:06 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. As far as I'm concerned, they can play anything BUT "Rain Fall Down." If they play "Rain Fall Down," it will be the end of the Rolling Stones.

Sadly, many people already think the Stones are nothing but a bunch of old clowns these days. Playing "Rain Fall Down" in front of millions of people on live television will be their ruin.

My dream set would be for them to open with a smoking, rip-roaring JJF, followed by a 15-minute "Midnight Rambler," both numbers sans backup singers and horns. Sadly, that ain't gonna happen; but I'll settle for just about anything except RFD.
January 12th, 2006 03:13 PM
Jumping Jack JJF
Night Time or Going To A Go Go
IORR
Satisfaction

VERY SAFE!!!
January 12th, 2006 03:14 PM
FPM C10 It's pretty silly to think they WON'T play SMU. Of course they will.

I think they will be even less adventurous than Macca, who played "Drive My Car" (not a giant smash by any means). That would be akin to the Stones playing, oooh, "Flight 505". Which AIN'T gonna happen.

My guess:

SMU
JJF
Satisfaction

But who cares? It's a friggin' football game.
January 12th, 2006 03:14 PM
Joey [quote]Steamboat Bill, Jr. wrote:
Sadly, many people already think the Stones are nothing but a bunch of old clowns these days. Playing "Rain Fall Down" in front of millions of people on live television will be their ruin.
"

Steamboat Bill , Junior ...........................

You are a very smart man .

Don't tell anyone , but you are RAPIDLY becoming one of me favorite posters around here --- I have got me eye on you this week .

Jacky !

January 12th, 2006 03:15 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

But who cares? It's a friggin' football game.

Funny !!!!

Come to Joey ................................

|
|
|
V

---- > http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1636&u_sid=2097496
January 12th, 2006 03:27 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
Joey wrote:

Steamboat Bill , Junior ...........................

You are a very smart man .

Don't tell anyone , but you are RAPIDLY becoming one of me favorite posters around here --- I have got me eye on you this week .

January 12th, 2006 03:40 PM
mrhipfl I have a feeling they'll play rough justice...they played it at the first kick-off of the season.
January 12th, 2006 03:46 PM
Joey
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I have a feeling they'll play rough justice...they played it at the first kick-off of the season.

mrhipfl be feeling too much

Joey " IKE " Turner
January 12th, 2006 03:47 PM
Saint Sway Sadly, Mick & Co are completely out of touch with whats cool.

their own fans are screaming on msg boards for them to NOT play RFD and, like JB said, they are STILL going to force it down our throats.

it will be the death of them

but they are so out of touch with reality they have no idea just how bad they are going to come off in the publics eyes when they once again butcher this awful,lame song
January 12th, 2006 03:50 PM
voodoopug why is it that the average fan is convinced that a band must play a song related to whatever city they are in each time around...if they wanted motown, they would have hired a fucking motown band!
January 12th, 2006 03:57 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

but they are so out of touch with reality they have no idea just how bad they are going to come off in the publics eyes when they once again butcher this awful,lame song

I would like to bite and kiss you

http://www.celebritymoviearchive.com/tour/movie.php/11320

January 12th, 2006 03:57 PM
gimmekeef The list I started with isnt my wish list...just a prediction....Rain will Fall...I'm saddened but would bet on it..and if the play SMU what happens when Mick gets to the "make a dead man cum"....?....a bleep out??????....How bad would that be????.....(I know not as bad as RFD)....Mayberry RFD!!!!
January 12th, 2006 04:03 PM
Riffhard Hate to burst anyone's bubble here,but the chances of them playing RFD are actully pretty high. It is the lateset single afterall. They will definatly play a new tune though that's for sure. The whole reason the Stones inked this deal with the NFL was to get publicity for the record and tour. So they will play a new cut. Hopefully they will play RJ or ONNYA. I will deny the Stones three times before the cock crows should they play RFD.

Saint Riffy
January 12th, 2006 04:06 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Sadly, Mick & Co are completely out of touch with whats cool.

their own fans are screaming on msg boards for them to NOT play RFD and, like JB said, they are STILL going to force it down our throats.

it will be the death of them

Very reminiscent of them playing ASMB everytime they were on TV in '97, despite the fact that they couldn't play it and it sucked...

yet we still love them!
gimmekeef Perhaps to push half time beer sales..They'll pay Keith extra to play..."This Place Is Empty"...and it would soon be........
Saint Sway
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Hate to burst anyone's bubble here,but the chances of them playing RFD are actully pretty high. It is the lateset single afterall.

they are airing a commercial in heavy rotation for a Sprint/SuperBowl promotion - the commercial exclusively features the Stones performing Rain Fall Down.

this is a bad sign!

come Super Bowl Sunday...

be afraid...

be very afraid!
January 12th, 2006 04:11 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

they are airing a commercial in heavy rotation for a Sprint/SuperBowl promotion - the commercial exclusively features the Stones performing Rain Fall Down.

this is a bad sign!

come Super Bowl Sunday...

be afraid...

be very afraid!

Ya know truth be told the tune has actully grown on me over the months. However,by all accounts they can not pull it off live yet. I personally don't think that RFD could ever really come across live,but hey that's just me.

Riffy
January 12th, 2006 04:13 PM
glencar I'll be gald with whatever I see. I love the Stones & I liked RFD when I saw it live in ATL.
January 12th, 2006 04:16 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'll be gald with whatever I see.

We all already know what a brainless Stones worshipping sycophant you are. No need to constantly remind us.

Mick could perform RFD in matching cheerleader uniforms with Justin and J Lo and you'd spin a post about how great they are.

your opinion is null and void.
January 12th, 2006 04:17 PM
erikjjf
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
and if the play SMU what happens when Mick gets to the "make a dead man cum"....?....a bleep out

Maybe Mick will alter the lyrics to avoid bleep-outs?
"You make a dead man run..."
(see "Let's Spend Some Time Toghether", etc...)
January 12th, 2006 04:18 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

We all already know what a brainless Stones worshipping sycophant you are. No need to constantly remind us.

Mick could perform RFD in matching cheerleader uniforms with Justin and J Lo and you'd spin a post about how great they are.

your opinion is null and void.

Listen you dirty cocksucker. I'm a fan of the band. Get it? That doesn't mean I'm a sycophant, trolling boards devoted to other groups trumpeting how good my band is. Learn your place, you pissant little lowlife.
[Edited by glencar]
January 12th, 2006 04:19 PM
Saint Sway dude, you are way beyond a fan.

and thats ok
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)