ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden - January 16, 2003

Shannon Stapleton/Reuters
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Q104.3 DJ is a dick. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
01-09-03 04:11 PM
parmeda Just emailed this jackass again...asked him if one of his "perks" to his job is receiving free concert tickets...told him to send his Stones tix to me!!!!
(...the hypocrite!)
01-09-03 04:17 PM
jb I wish he was on that commuter plane yesterday....innocent people die while this prick spews his venom.
01-09-03 04:24 PM
parmeda Oh jb....I don't wish death on anyone.
A little pain, agony and annoyance is enough to make me happy....
01-09-03 04:28 PM
jb Your too good Pam!!!!........By the way, the price for great seats in Chicago is so much more reasonable..saw Sec. 1, row 4, for 1700.00 dollars!!!
01-09-03 04:30 PM
parmeda Make a reservation Josh!
01-09-03 04:40 PM
jb I wish..getting this New York thing was really much more difficult and expensive than I thought..By the way, the wife founf a "boutique" hotel 1/2 mile from MSG and changed our reservations from the Marriott...I hope this is not a disaster!!!
01-09-03 06:44 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
Your too good Pam!!!!........By the way, the price for great seats in Chicago is so much more reasonable..saw Sec. 1, row 4, for 1700.00 dollars!!!

JB: A good friend just emailed me and he has 2 in Sec 6
floor for United Center. $350 face.

Hop on a plane
01-09-03 11:58 PM
Sir Stonesalot Anyone else get a reply from Ken Dogchow?

Would it be wrong to print his reply to me here?
01-10-03 12:03 AM
parmeda Did you really SS?

I haven't...LOL But, I may be hearing from his attorney soon I could imagine...
01-10-03 12:07 AM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah.

I don't think I should post it here though. Something about posting a private email just strikes me as wrong.

I'll just paraphrase.

He told me to relax, it's just radio, and just fun.

My reply was classic stuff.

The short of it is I told him to quit being part of the problem, and start being part of the solution.
01-10-03 12:21 AM
parmeda I'm disappointed SS. You can "enunciate" much more clearer than I...LMAO, and he replies back to you! (No offense dear, but of all people, YOU!) Maybe this scumbag dislikes women as well...trust me, I won't lose any sleep.
01-10-03 12:34 AM
~AzQb

SeXyAvAtArPaRm!

Listen, why does SS'y have to post this dick's e-mail, anyway? Why not justTheGist of his reply?

Me no gets.

~
01-10-03 12:58 AM
nickDe My email:
Subject: You screwed up

You work at a classic rock radio station and diss the Stones. You should ask the station if they'll let you give away some MSG seats cause you angered a lot of people on the Stones Mesg Boards.

nick

His Reply:
Why is that, Nick?

01-10-03 01:04 AM
Sir Stonesalot Perhaps you should re-read my posts and use your brain this time A.

I CLEARLY stated that I feel posting a private email is wrong...and I posted the simple gist of it.

Did you get it that time?

Or shall I go monosyllabic for you...perhaps I should type a bit slower?

Anything to help.
01-10-03 01:13 AM
~AzQb

SS!

Boy,are YoU being BRaTtY right now!

I obviously meant the aCtUal e-mail withOUT the e-mail AdDreSS.

yOU know, like word for word. Like, what the guy actually WrOtE. You know, not what YOU said he said. What he actually SaId. Does that help you wrap your brain around it? It's so fucking DeEp, right?

And why are you so fuckin angry about someone wanting to read what he said "verbatim", anyway?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

S'cuse me for bumpin YOUR cloud, man!

~RoTfLmAo
01-10-03 01:39 AM
Sir Stonesalot I do not believe that it is right to post on a public forum like this, an email I recv'd privately, without obtaining permission first.

It's just not right.

Lots of people from the board email me, but I'd NEVER post those emails here, would you? I extend that courtesy to EVERYONE...even to people I don't like.

If you can't live with my paraphrasing...too bad. I don't answer to you.

I apologize for not being able to decipher your anniespeak tonight. Obviously my telepathic abilities are not what they used to be.

I shall consult NASA before posting next time.

Brat. Oh man. Can't you do any better?

You've been baiting me for almost a week now. You are wasting your time. But thanks for the guffaws.
01-10-03 01:49 AM
~AzQb

HUh????

~I'm going to sleep. Maybe you should too.

01-10-03 06:46 AM
macawber yeah max,that was me.i didn't hear it though,i lobbed that grenade from the west coast.sounds like it hit its target. it figures, he folded up like an accordion-
"what i meant..was uh..." just shut up and play records,radio boy.

end ASS RAP-lol! thats classic
01-10-03 07:14 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I do not believe that it is right to post on a public forum like this, an email I recv'd privately, without obtaining permission first.

It's just not right.

it's no big deal SS - (and paraphrasing still gives the gist) - but my view is unless he has marked it "private and confidential" (i.e. put a condition on your receipt of it)you can show it to who you like - that mail is YOURS to do with as you please

sure,if you have private mail that you would rather not share with anybody for whatever reason including concern for the feelings of the sender (but in this case i don't think that applies) then that's your prerogative and your decision

as i say it's no big deal but an interesting point on the niceties and etiquette of correspondence
01-10-03 07:33 AM
Maxlugar Just so you know a little more about this guy, he LOVES money. He does this stock report that goes on and on in the late afternoon. He talks about his stocks and gives advice about the market like he's some kind of Rock and Roll Steve Forbes.

So when he starts talking about how he means both Macca and the Stones are just in it for the money and how it's just not right, it stikes me as hypocritical.

Please, won't you give? Give to the ASS RAP Foundation.

And let's end ASS RAP in our time.....

Our children will thank us.

DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN!!!!

01-10-03 11:20 AM
jb I hope something really bad happens to this guy...
01-10-03 11:43 AM
Mr T yeah - touring from September to November probably isn't gonna make as much money as a full tour(especially coming from a guy that 'quit rock n roll') that already had an album out before Christmas. That guy's not a dick - he's just illiterate
01-10-03 11:49 AM
jb I hope he and Macca (who has orchestrated this whole thing of being #1 tour) lose a significant other.
01-10-03 11:53 AM
parmeda jb...no!

There's so many other ways to get to this guy and crawl under his skin...

Hey Max! Send me the phone number of the station, LOL...I wonder if he takes calls from his 'listeners'...
01-10-03 11:55 AM
jb Just for you Pam, I'll take it back..however, I hope he develops non-cancerous throat polyps and that his radio career is abruptly ended.
01-10-03 11:56 AM
parmeda That's much better....

(I still want that #, LOL)
01-10-03 12:03 PM
jb What #?
01-10-03 12:55 PM
parmeda The number of the radio station, Josh...especially if this guy takes calls from his listeners....LMAO!

I want a direct line!
01-10-03 01:57 PM
jb I don't have it....I'm sure one of the C10's can help you..afterall, thet more or less know everything!!!!
01-11-03 01:16 AM
Sir Stonesalot You got THAT right JB, my ol' NON C10 buddy!

C10, we are all that and a bag of chips.

Good call man.
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST