ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden - January 16, 2003

Shannon Stapleton/Reuters
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Q104.3 DJ is a dick. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
01-08-03 07:39 AM
Maxlugar That's it.

I've had it with this guy Ken Dashau(sp?).

He is the late afternoon guy here in NY on Q104.3.

Not only has he repeatedly refered to side four of Love You Live as the El Mocambo club show.

Now he's really pissed me off.

Last night during his witty little banter with his traffic reporter, he mentions that McCartney beat the Stones as biggest tour of the year and how happy he is with that. He then goes on to say that the only one laying awake at night worried about that is Mick Jagger. Could he not mention that the Stones tour is a 2002 - 2003 tour???!! This guy is so stupid I can't take it any more.

He then says he'd like to see Mick vs Paul in a celebrity boxing match and jokes about how winded they both would be. Oh Mick is in great shape you fucker. Lets see you do a two hour rock show at 60.

Someone get me this guys email, please.

MACKY!
[Edited by Maxlugar]
01-08-03 08:34 AM
scope I've heard him before and he is a dick. He is always saying stiupid shit and his wimpy voice annoys the hell out of me. All the DJ's on that station suck.

By the way, here is his email, taken from their web site, What say we educate this guy on his ignorance?

[email protected]
01-08-03 08:38 AM
Maxlugar Scopey!

You are always there when we need you.

Yes, shall we educate him today?

I know I will.

M!
01-08-03 08:39 AM
stonedinaustralia yeah, let me know what it is too... i'll send him an abusive message as well

the guy won't know what the hell is going on when he starts getting insulting e-mails from the other side of the globe

in fact we should all bombard him with cruel and brutal messages filled to the brim with loathing

better yet, get his boss' address and we'll start a campaign to have the guy sacked
01-08-03 08:41 AM
stonedinaustralia sorry scope - missed your message before i posted mine

thanx for the address - a message is on its way...
01-08-03 08:43 AM
Maxlugar It should be a law that all DJ's know that side three is the El Mocambo side, no?

It kills me that he can't tell the crowd on side four sounds like 120 thousand people.

There are some people here that are really into the details of attendance and what not, like Josh. I would hope they will join in and set this guy straight.

Did this guy even mention that the Stones are doing a small club show in each major city? I've had it with Stonesaphobia and will no longer take this shit.

[Edited by Maxlugar]
01-08-03 08:51 AM
Scot Rocks Stupid ignorant cunt, I hate the way that some fuckwit people are able to air their fucked up views to millions.

Mark
01-08-03 09:43 AM
Boomhauer Everybody send an e-mail to this douche bag!

01-08-03 12:17 PM
Martha
.....or stop listening to the radio...

I chose that route over 2 years ago now and haven't regretted it for a minute..where that asshole ends there are a zillion more right behind him ready to go..

the thing that really kills me is they know next to nothing about music.....they just blow chunks outta their yappers......I ain't got time to waste on them.

Now back to the new blow ass stereo and some..."Black and Blue"

Proceed if you must gentlemen. I wish you luck.
01-08-03 12:30 PM
Maxlugar We need your help MARTHA!!!

Come, come join together with us on our fight against this scourge.

Come, come fight against Anti Stones Spewing Radio Announcer Pricks (ASS RAP)

Give to the ASS RAP foundation.

Give 'till it hurts.

Thank you,

Maxlugar, founder ASS RAP.

01-08-03 12:31 PM
Nellcote Amen to no radio. Useless medium for listening to anything worthwhile. I cornered a disc jockey for a major Bahston station last fall before the Fleet Show, at the bah. I dared him to play "She Was Hot" just once, to even show he has the sack he professes on the raydio, "Classic Rock-Stones station of the month to boot." He gave the stock "ooh I'd love to, but the program director won't allow it" What a fairy! Give the goods to this loser by jamming his in box.

Me, I'm just waiting here so patiently, for

THE FLEET CENTER!!!
01-08-03 02:56 PM
Maxlugar I just hope Josh emailed him.

He's pretty good at these kinds of things.

01-08-03 05:38 PM
Sir Stonesalot I don't think Ken is gonna be inviting me over to the house for drinks any time soon.
01-08-03 05:45 PM
Joey What is El Mocambo ???????????

What is life ?????????????????

Why did Keith Moon die ???????

Why is the temperature Seventy Degrees today ( Record High for these parts ) ???????????????????????

Why should I care ......if I have to cut my hair ?

Please .................Answers !

{{{{{{{{{{{ JOESY }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
01-08-03 05:54 PM
Martha Now that you put it that way Maxy...I'm fuckin' IN..let's go get him!

Tonight!

Joey..are you cutting your hair too? I'm cutting mine all off in less than 24 hours..counting it down...and my husband is cutting his off too.

Hey, maybe I could turn it into a statement or warning to all the ASS RAP fuck's everywhere...piss me off and I'll CUT ya'!

Oh I'm feeling better everyday......the boys are taking the stage in just a few hours from now! WooHooo!

01-08-03 06:17 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Why should I care ......if I have to cut my hair ?

Please .................Answers !

{{{{{{{{{{{ JOESY }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Joey... you have to move with the fashion of the outcast.

-tSYX --- Outta my brain on the 5... 15!
01-08-03 06:54 PM
glencar Well, well, well! I was never a Dashow (sp) fan myself but I did happen to catch his show this afternoon. Apparently someone got through because he mentioned his prior remarks & how someone had called him to complain. He did one of those "What I meant was..." spiels in which he basically said that the Stones & Macca are BOTH charging too much money for tix. I've always found his delivery rather grating but now you can add me to the boycott. He's a real dick.
01-08-03 06:57 PM
Prodigal Son Y'know, anyone who prefers McCartney to succeed and be praised more than the Stones seriously needs their head read.
01-08-03 06:57 PM
Prodigal Son Y'know, anyone who prefers McCartney to succeed and be praised more than the Stones seriously needs their head read.
01-08-03 07:01 PM
Joey
Actually Martha , my hair is longer now than it has been since the '70's .

Damn ...............time to cut my hair for sure . Nah , better wait until AFTER I see the Stones .

I see we have a few Quadrophenia fans here ..........

This is dedicated to Meg and teenagers in love everywhere ( courtesy of Peter Dennis Blanford Townshend :

" The kids at school
Have parents that seem so cool.
And though I don't want to hurt them
Mine want me their way.
I clean my room and my shoes
But my mother found a box of blues,
And there doesn't seem much hope
They'll let me stay. "

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YES !

{{{{{{{{{{{{ JOESY }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

01-08-03 09:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot I wonder if any of us will hear back from this DweebJ duse.
01-09-03 12:44 AM
parmeda Son-of-a-bitch!
I hate it when I'm busy and can't get to the board during the day.
Not to worry Maxy...I'm slamming this jack-ass every hour on the hour. I've got all night! He's gonna hate me by 6am tomorrow, LOL!
01-09-03 04:09 AM
macawber i usually just stop by rocks off for a bit of tour news but this mccartney crap is getting on my nerves. last night i'm reading about the rehearsals and i see this thread, so i e-mail the guy.i got this message from him today:" hey,i talked about your letter on the show today,hope you heard it"

here's the letter:

the stones are still on tour and adding to the $1.6 billion in concert tickets they've sold in their career.you media guys will never get it through your heads-the beatles have sold more records but the stones OWN the box office.popping up every ten years and singing silly love songs doesn't make you a road warrior.one question: why is it that everyone was blaming those"greedy rolling stones"for their high ticket prices but when it comes out that mccartney actually had a higher average and made more money that is now considered a victory?two words come to mind-"media darling".
01-09-03 07:35 AM
Maxlugar Macawber!

I was driving home last night and heard him talk about your email. Is you name Mike?

Yeah he basically tried to bullshit his way out and say BOTH or them are out of control with the ticket prices.

Of course he only mentioned the top end $350 and not the friggin paltry $19 that lucky fans had to pay to see them up close in a friggin theatre!

Good work. I'm not letting up on him just yet.

End ASS RAP in our lifetime!
01-09-03 09:53 AM
gypsy I can't believe you guys are letting this dj get you all riled up. Most dj's are idiots to begin with...I dated one.
Turn the radio off, and listen to your CD's.
01-09-03 09:58 AM
Maxlugar ASS RAP does not go away if you ignore it.

01-09-03 10:00 AM
gypsy So, do you still want that L'il Tykes Ass Rap toy for Maxlette?
01-09-03 10:23 AM
Maxlugar The new Playschool Snap and Go ASS RAP Lil' Tyke immobilizer is a life saver!

MACKY!
01-09-03 01:27 PM
glencar I might actually listen to Dashow (gee, that's AWFULLY close to Daschle!) to see if he comments further on the matter. He's one of those people who always sounds like he's about to giggle.A very silly, silly man.
01-09-03 01:32 PM
glencar I just emailed the dasshole...
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST