ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden - January 16, 2003

Shannon Stapleton/Reuters
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Q104.3 DJ is a dick. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
01-11-03 02:11 AM
Riffhard Not all DJ's are stoopid gypsy! I am personaly offended at that comment! Ken Dashcle is only guilty of having shitty taste! He's really a pretty nice guy.

Riffhard

Having said that,Fuck off Ken! Love ya babe!
01-11-03 01:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot You are kinda right there RiffH.

Radio's problems do not all lie in the DJ's lap. But they certainly are not blameless.

The real problem lies in "formatting".

I had a rather heated discussion with a local programming director. A local station has a "request" show for the lunch hour. So I used to call in and request stuff. I NEVER got a requst played. Never ever. And it wasn't like I was asking for obscure old blues or rare 60's psych nuggets or unplayable songs like "Dance Motherfucker Dance".
No, see, you could only request songs that were already in rotation.

Now, I ask you, does that make sense? Why bother? I can only request songs that were gonna get played anyhow? WTF?

This guys answer was "Hey, if we play every request we get, you be hearing Slim Whitman, follwed by Frank Sinatra, followed by Nirvana! You can't do that...we have to be consistent!"

My response was that there were 23 other hours in the day to be consistent. For that 1 hour, let chaos rule! ANARCHY at the transmitter! I asked him if he knew how REFRESHING it would be to not know what might pop out of your speakers next.

I still ride him when I see him. I tell him that he has a responsibility to the music. Quit playing shit because someone tells you to. Let your DJs play whatever they want.

I ain't getting very far, but I always feel better after I tear him up.
01-11-03 03:58 PM
scope
quote:
parmeda wrote:
The number of the radio station, Josh...especially if this guy takes calls from his listeners....LMAO!

I want a direct line!

Hey Pam, the number is 1-888-872-1043. Not sure if DJ's pick up the phone though.
You can also listen on the web at q1043.com to hear this guy make an ass of himself. I gave up listening to him a long time ago. This jerk Dashow is on week days, 4-8 p.m.

BTW, they are running a contest this weekend for Stones tickets. Maybe I'll tune in a little later today.
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST