ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Second Leg!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: VOODOO PUGS FINAL SHOW FRIDAY 1/6 CHICAGO Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 4th, 2006 03:09 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I have never heard them before, but we had to go first in order to get two slots. We will play a double show.....Be prepared for us to start even earlier if the place is filling up and do a quick warm up set. We will play for 2.5 hours and the ACDC band will play for one hour.

The Black Crowes are becoming a tribute band, but sadly have not penetrated the chicago tribute band market.

I shall look into the band recommended by Saint Sway.

Will Pam and or Tele show up???
January 4th, 2006 03:10 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

They have always said they would catch us "some time" .....well this is the last time!! Pammy did see us at HOgs and HOneys though...I greeted her with a hug!
January 4th, 2006 03:12 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

They have always said they would catch us "some time" .....well this is the last time!! Pammy did see us at HOgs and HOneys though...I greeted her with a hug!

This would be sad if no local support!!! Will Baby Steel Magnolia be attending...in fact, has anybody sen my old friend baby steelie???

[Edited by jb]
January 4th, 2006 03:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

This would be sad if no local support!!! Will Baby Steel Magnolia be attending...in fact, has anybody sen my old friend baby steelie???

[Edited by jb]

The folks in attendance at our final show (I shall shed a man tear) will have a lot of input to our "enemies list" One of my favorite posters, Browneyedgirll from SHidoobee, who has been a loyal supporter of us has told me she and her husband will be there....it is truly the local support that means the most!
January 4th, 2006 03:15 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The folks in attendance at our final show (I shall shed a man tear) will have a lot of input to our "enemies list" One of my favorite posters, Browneyedgirll from SHidoobee, who has been a loyal supporter of us has told me she and her husband will be there....it is truly the local support that means the most!

Will you take laxative night before to shit before show and feel light on your feet???
January 4th, 2006 03:29 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Will you take laxative night before to shit before show and feel light on your feet???

all precautions will be taken!
January 4th, 2006 03:39 PM
glencar I hope the show goes well Puggy. What will the other band members do for a living after the band ends?
January 4th, 2006 03:46 PM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:

I have an A.P.B. out on tele at the moment.

I have told him there's free beer for the first hour...along with a wet t-shirt contest (yeah! that'll snag him in!!!) providing he enters the facility wearing BOTH of his shoes!

I can't promise that he'll walk out of there with 'em on, but hey...it's tele we're talkin' about!

January 4th, 2006 03:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I hope the show goes well Puggy. What will the other band members do for a living after the band ends?

They will probably go back to working towards their Nobel Prizes!

I think that Telepug and possilby our drummer will look to form another band, but I am not sure, they are still undecided. Telepug told me that he would like to be back up and running by Mid March, but i dont know what his project will include
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I hope the show goes well Puggy. What will the other band members do for a living after the band ends?

Find a new lead singer=ADDA
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:

I have an A.P.B. out on tele at the moment.

I have told him there's free beer for the first hour...along with a wet t-shirt contest (yeah! that'll snag him in!!!) providing he enters the facility wearing BOTH of his shoes!

I can't promise that he'll walk out of there with 'em on, but hey...it's tele we're talkin' about!

I will buy your first drink after the free drink period ends and will acknowledge you from the stage as a great stones fan!
January 4th, 2006 03:50 PM
glencar ADDA???
January 4th, 2006 03:53 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I will buy your first drink after the free drink period ends and will acknowledge you from the stage as a great stones fan!

I think Pam can do without the embarrassing call out..just keep your glasses on and don't fall(see Orlando 05).
January 4th, 2006 03:54 PM
glencar That's a story waiting to be told!
January 4th, 2006 04:04 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
That's a story waiting to be told!

As many know, I suffer from Kerotoconus, which is a degenerative eye condition. This year I lost most of my sight in my right eye. Sadly, I have not adjusted well to it and have a difficult time judging short distances (steps, curbs, etc). In Orlando this spring while at a conference, I missed a step and fell to the ground, bashing my skull/face on the curb, causing substantial damage, my glasses were crushed into my head, i suffered a concussion, and experienced some blood loss. (please see the curb outside the Peabody in Orlando as their may still be blood spatter).

and to address jb's post, they will need more than a new lead singer, as I also play bass/guitar. My suggestion to them using ADDA (Assess, Decide, Dictate, and Act) was to find a lead singer and a bass player and then ask the current bass/guitar player to play guitar exclusively.
January 4th, 2006 04:21 PM
jb I am sorry about your pending loss of sight..if I die , perhaps a retina donation could be arranged...
January 4th, 2006 04:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I am sorry about your pending loss of sight..if I die , perhaps a retina donation could be arranged...

i need corneas, not retinas!
January 4th, 2006 04:29 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

i need corneas, not retinas!

This can also be arraqnged(see open market in China)..........
January 4th, 2006 04:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

This can also be arraqnged(see open market in China)..........

Please fly in for Friday's show, I shall arrange transportation to and from O Hare for you and will search for a hotel (four star) for you.
January 5th, 2006 12:52 AM
keefjunkie any chance this could be taped and torrented for those of us that have the misfortion of not being able to make it?
January 5th, 2006 09:11 AM
Jumacfly Dear Puggie

enjoy your last show!
Hi to the Pugs and their fans for me...
it s gonna be hard for me to attend the show so I wish you and you bandmates a great night!!
cheers
JU

January 5th, 2006 10:32 AM
voodoopug Thanks for the overwhelming support. I will be recording the monitor feed onto cassette (house equipment restrictions), but will transfer it to cd and make it available to all who are interested.

Cheers,

John
January 5th, 2006 11:37 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I just wish Chicago was able to have 3 sold out stadium shows for the voodoopugs, to me, it's a bit disappointing compared to the Rolling Stones...I know you are satisfied Voodoopug, but I expected at least 3 shows with a total of 250k.............. The pugs humiliated by their fans once more
January 5th, 2006 01:06 PM
jb
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I just wish Chicago was able to have 3 sold out stadium shows for the voodoopugs, to me, it's a bit disappointing compared to the Rolling Stones...I know you are satisfied Voodoopug, but I expected at least 3 shows with a total of 250k.............. The pugs humiliated by their fans once more

Humiliating the Pug on his last performance!!! Great posting Voodoo...You shall be greeted...
[Edited by jb]
January 5th, 2006 01:40 PM
voodoopug
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I just wish Chicago was able to have 3 sold out stadium shows for the voodoopugs, to me, it's a bit disappointing compared to the Rolling Stones...I know you are satisfied Voodoopug, but I expected at least 3 shows with a total of 250k.............. The pugs humiliated by their fans once more

Sadly, now you see why we are saying our farewell. The chicago market has become too saturated with U2 Tribute Bands (see Elevation, The Joshua Trees, Vertigos), Steely Dan Tribute Bands, REM Tribute Bands, Creed Tribute Bands, Justin Timberlake Tribute Bands, etc.

We are not satisfied with not being able to sell out the big places (See Black Crowes MSG), so we have relegated ourselves to selling out a small place (see Black Crowes Hammerstein Ballroom).

Top Notch Posting Voodoo!
January 5th, 2006 09:39 PM
jb Maybe Voodoo can put a picture of your band as tommo0rrow's header in honor of this farewell show? That would be classy...something I would do.
January 5th, 2006 10:53 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Maybe Voodoo can put a picture of your band as tommo0rrow's header in honor of this farewell show? That would be classy...something I would do.

I truly beleive that Voodoo is a class act!!
January 6th, 2006 12:05 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Isn't it a lovely header?
January 6th, 2006 05:49 AM
Nellcote Great Header!
Give it HELL tonight Pug!
January 6th, 2006 10:03 AM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Great Header!
Give it HELL tonight Pug!

Indeed .............. You SHALL be greeted !!!

.....ss ! "

|
|
|
V

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)