ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Second Leg!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: VOODOO PUGS FINAL SHOW FRIDAY 1/6 CHICAGO Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 6th, 2006 10:26 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Indeed .............. You SHALL be greeted !!!

.....ss ! "

|
|
|
V

thank you joey and nellcote.....i will wear the cape in your honor tonite!
January 6th, 2006 12:25 PM
Saint Sway Good luck tonite.

wear the cape

strut on top of the bar singing Star Star

Play a looooooooooooooooong set. And shove great obscure Stones songs down the crowds throat.

Drink hard.

Play hard.

And PLAY LOUD!!!!!!!

dont just go out with a bang.... go out with A BIGGER BANG!!!

kick ass Pug!
January 6th, 2006 12:29 PM
jb Voodoo and Gazza are class acts....great header!!!
January 6th, 2006 01:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Good luck tonite.

wear the cape

strut on top of the bar singing Star Star

Play a looooooooooooooooong set. And shove great obscure Stones songs down the crowds throat.

Drink hard.

Play hard.

And PLAY LOUD!!!!!!!

dont just go out with a bang.... go out with A BIGGER BANG!!!

kick ass Pug!

We will be playing a much longer set than the stones themselves do! and we are including some "nuggets" in there as well! Thanks for the words of encouragement...I appreciate it!
January 6th, 2006 02:30 PM
jb Will ONNYA be played?...this is a tricky song and requires some breaks in guitar playing.
January 6th, 2006 02:39 PM
LadyJane I have a question.

Why aren't YOU....jb....flying into Chitown for this auspicious event???????????

I'm certain Parmeda would welcome you with open arms.

Security issues???????

LJ.
January 6th, 2006 03:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Will ONNYA be played?...this is a tricky song and requires some breaks in guitar playing.

sadly, without ruining the setlist surprises, i was not overly impressed with the way we played that in rehearsal, so it was dropped....a great replacement was added though!!!
January 6th, 2006 03:10 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

We will be playing a much longer set than the stones themselves do! and we are including some "nuggets" in there as well! Thanks for the words of encouragement...I appreciate it!

the nuggets are best part of the Stones awesome arsenal

sadly, the avg fan is kept completely in the dark about these great songs bc the Stones refuse to play them live and continue to re-release the same old, tired war horses on all their greatest hits albums.

it used to be that the only way you could hear the nuggets was thru Stones tribute bands like The Pugs. This is why it saddens me to learn that after tonite the world will have lost another band that plays the REAL Stones tunes.

I consider it an obligation whenever I go to a bar to play the most obscure Stones songs that I can find on the jukebox. This is my version of philanthropy.

otherwise no one would ever hear those songs

radio doesnt play the nuggets. Todays bands dont play them. The Stones dont play them. The future is dim.

rant over...

kick ass tonite Pug. You are a Stones warrior.
January 6th, 2006 03:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I have a question.

Why aren't YOU....jb....flying into Chitown for this auspicious event???????????

Security issues???????

LJ.

to say I am disappointed is an understatement!
January 6th, 2006 03:17 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I have a question.

Security issues???????

LJ.

I would have loved to go, but this weekend the kids and I had previously volunteered to help at our local hospitals fund rasing event to help kids with terminal illnesses.(Pug can confirm). While I love (in a manly type of way) the Pug, these kids need me more than he does. I will be there in spirit.....and wish him and the rest of the band a great send-off.

[Edited by jb]
January 6th, 2006 03:22 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I would have loved to go, but this weekend the kids and I had previously volunteered to help at our local hospitals fund rasing event to help kids with terminal illnesses.(Pug can confirm). While I love (in a manly type of way) the Pug, these kids need me more than he does. I will be there in spirit.....and wish him and the rest of the band a great send-off.

[Edited by jb]

how bout that, both of us have donated time/money for sick kids this year....it would be grat if more people followed our lead.
January 6th, 2006 03:24 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

how bout that, both of us have donated time/money for sick kids this year....it would be grat if more people followed our lead.

IK will miss you my friend, but March is just around the corner!!!! Wife got a great report today from doctor!!! Things are looking very good(except for my ALS symtoms). It will be an honor to pick you up in my Porshe Turbo with Philly Special blasting..but no fucking Burritos or other food products allowed in car..now go out and kick some ass................!!!!
January 6th, 2006 03:27 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

IK will miss you my friend, but March is just around the corner!!!! Wife got a great report today from doctor!!! Things are looking very good(except for my ALS symtoms). It will be an honor to pick you up in my Porshe Turbo with Philly Special blasting..but no fucking Burritos or other food products allowed in car..now go out and kick some ass................!!!!

things just took a huge turn for the better for March in Ft L!!!
January 6th, 2006 03:28 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

things just took a huge turn for the better for March in Ft L!!!

Great.......sadly, my worst seats (9th row) were at the sold out Miami venue....also, it is much more fun traveling for a show. I will not get these tickets until last minute.......I think the whole family is coming except new born(god willing).
[Edited by jb]
January 6th, 2006 03:30 PM
LadyJane Oh sure...Pug gets the Porsche....I got the Benz.

Have a great show Pugsly....your "package" should arrive Monday or Tuesday.

LJ.

January 6th, 2006 03:32 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Oh sure...Pug gets the Porsche....I got the Benz.

Have a great show Pugsly....your "package" should arrive Monday or Tuesday.

LJ.

"Package"........Oh my!!!!!
January 6th, 2006 03:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

"Package"........Oh my!!!!!

take it easy, she is just sending me something i can take to bed with me!
January 6th, 2006 03:50 PM
jb I hope it does not need batteries???
January 6th, 2006 03:53 PM
LadyJane I'm taking mine to be altered....a tad too long!!!

LJ.
January 6th, 2006 04:10 PM
BILL PERKS HAVE A GOOD BASHING TONIGHT,PUGGLES!WISH I COULD BE THERE
January 6th, 2006 04:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
HAVE A GOOD BASHING TONIGHT,PUGGLES!WISH I COULD BE THERE

please tell your pugs that my pugs say hello!
January 6th, 2006 05:58 PM
kath i really wish i could be there for this, pug!!

have a great time tonight...and let me know when the reunion tour comes up!!
January 6th, 2006 06:01 PM
kath i'm a little concerned about using the terms "nuggets" around joey....but you guys know best!!
January 6th, 2006 07:17 PM
rogerriffin Best wishes tonite cabrones!!! Rocking all night!!!

And send me the recording please
January 6th, 2006 09:04 PM
jb Don't fart or have diarhea on stage.
January 7th, 2006 12:06 AM
JuanTCB
quote:
jb wrote:

Have you hugged a Jew today?

JB is on fire!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)