ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Second Leg!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Years Resolutions Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
December 28th, 2005 04:52 AM
egon - go to NYC ( where i shall; )
- drink more
- smoke more

Happy pappy new beer!
[Edited by egon]
December 28th, 2005 07:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I like Born to Run, Dancin in the Dark,Glory Days, and The Rising....can't get into the rest of it...must be a generation gap thing.

Going by your initial post, I'd say its a lobotomy thing, pug...
December 28th, 2005 07:55 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Martha wrote:

COMING TO NEW YORK TO BE WITH EVERYONE OF YOU CRAZY FUCKS FOR THE SUMMIT!

I do not know how what when and where or any details other than I know I am coming. I must.

You all need a Martha....you don't have one yet do you. Let it be me. :-)

LJ, Stonesy, Gary, your calls turned the tide somehow for me.....and I cannot wait to hugs the bloody crap outta you. Gypsy your emails sealed the deal....I slept on your wise words and realized what is important....and that I must connect to the people I love so dearly. I cannot let this opportunity slip through my fingers. So what if I am broke.:-)

Please direct me to the list of Summit Goers. I've been avoiding reading about the shows feeling unable to go before now. So I don't know the plans.

The only thing to stop me now is inclimate weather.

Even if I die I'm still gonna show up. :-)

Fuck Yup!

Happy New Year's Resolutions!

peace love and long live music!!!!
Maaaaaaaaaaartha!~

OMG.....GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

I'll email you later with the details I have so far.

You GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!

Honored to have helped.

LJ.
December 28th, 2005 08:11 AM
Nellcote Maintain the course for '06.
One would always love to improve, however,
potholes continue to be volleyed in my direction,
causing the car to drive irratic.
Still, we march on.
I hope everyone has a "Wicked Pissa" 2006!

BTW, If you have any doubts about Bruce being the real deal, pick up the 30 year anniversary Born To Run box set.
My kids gave it to me for Christmas.
The dvd about how the lp was made will show the tenacity
this guy has, as well as still exhibits towards his work today.
Brilliant theatre.
The Stones need a Jon Landau type of figure to reel them in to produce something like this

In addition, I was so taken by this set, I put together an 11 cd set of favorite Bruce cuts. These are sourced from mp3's, which many will scorn, however, it makes for great listening. If anyone is interested in a trade, send me pm.

[Edited by Nellcote]
December 28th, 2005 10:21 AM
Martha
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Oh, you can bet your ever-lovin' ass if was significant!

I'm so happy for you, Martha! You're going to have a grand time

I am still sorta in shock about the dream(s). And it feels weird to be saying I am coming to NY, but that's what I know I am supposed to do now.

Thanks for the supportive words Pam. I might need some M&M's once I get there. Are you and you wonderful husband coming? :-)

I have to go pinch myself.

xxoo,
Maaaartha!
December 28th, 2005 10:22 AM
egon it's not even new year,
but this drinking more is already working out just fine.
December 28th, 2005 10:26 AM
Martha "he has embarked on a tour asking people to watch him play a guitar and sing without any back up band..."

And I very fortunately (got tickets hours before the show) got to see one of those gigs this year. I can't think of anyone else who could pull off a solo show who is in his position....but he most certainly can and did.

Whether you like him or not he is the Boss....damn straight.

Summit Summit SUMMIT!

falalala,
Martha
December 28th, 2005 10:28 AM
egon summit or bust!
December 28th, 2005 10:31 AM
Martha
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

OMG.....GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

I'll email you later with the details I have so far.

You GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!

Honored to have helped.

LJ.

I am the one who feels honored and graced by your friendship and love dear Sister....and the rest of you, you know who you are....I love and cherish you all. I simply have to get there....and I know I supposed to make this once in a lifetime event.

Fuck Yup!

The times they are-a changin'.

LJ YOU are on my MUST call list. Thanks for helping me with info. :-)

peace and love,
Martha....staying the course steady as she goes......
December 28th, 2005 10:33 AM
Martha
quote:
egon wrote:
summit or bust!

Are you in egon? I want to pet the bunny!

December 28th, 2005 10:38 AM
egon am I in?

AM I IN??

A M I IN???

am I in the woman asks!

Lady, I'm already there!

THAT'S how much I'm in!

See you there Martha.
But hurry, it's kinda lonely here.

December 28th, 2005 10:43 AM
Martha
quote:
egon wrote:
am I in?

AM I IN??

A M I IN???

am I in the woman asks!

Lady, I'm already there!

THAT'S how much I'm in!

See you there Martha.
But hurry, it's kinda lonely here.

I am relieved you are in wait.

I shall make haste!!!!

Soon!
December 28th, 2005 09:26 PM
parmeda
quote:
Martha wrote:
I am still sorta in shock about the dream(s). And it feels weird to be saying I am coming to NY, but that's what I know I am supposed to do now.

Thanks for the supportive words Pam. I might need some M&M's once I get there. Are you and you wonderful husband coming? :-)

I have to go pinch myself.

xxoo,
Maaaartha!

Martha, keep the hope(s) of your dreams close to your heart.

I mentioned the M&M's to the ol' boy...he had a huge smile for ya!

I can't say for certain if we'll be traveling to NY in a few short weeks...there's something that is keeping me very close to home right now and I can't commit to leaving just yet. I'll e-mail you with the sorted details...it's pretty sad.

Don't go pinching yourself too hard now, Martha...you're going to get a battery of hugs! ...gotta watch out for those bruises!
December 28th, 2005 11:20 PM
jb No Martha, no JB.
December 29th, 2005 12:13 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Going by your initial post, I'd say its a lobotomy thing, pug...

you will still be greeted...just not at a Bruce concert
December 29th, 2005 07:39 AM
glencar I am going to take up smoking. I'm very influenced by Hollywood & it's what I must do.
December 29th, 2005 09:22 AM
Sir Stonesalot In 2006 I resolve to:

Quit eating donuts.

Hug Gypsy.

Hug LJ.

Hug Martha.

Buy Egon a beer.

Buy JB a double.

Get divorced.
December 29th, 2005 09:27 AM
egon Whoehooo, beer!

Summit or bust!

(hope your kidding about your divorce...?)
December 29th, 2005 10:15 AM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you will still be greeted...just not at a Bruce concert

Stones 2005 = $450 tickets in stadiums/arenas, greatest hits setlists, 44 songs played over about 30 shows, 110-120 min concerts

Bruce 2005 = tickets under $100 for shows that were mostly (by choice) in theatres, 140 songs played in 75 shows (with his best known songs being almost all 'rested' throughout the entire tour), 140-150 minute concerts

Love them both pretty much equally but when it comes to 'satisfaction', there was no comparison this year.

The Bruce tour that you seem so outraged by was the best series of shows I've seen or heard by any artist in the last few years, bar none.

If the Stones could show half of that versatility, ambition and range in their performances (not to mention consistency) , we'd probably all spontaneously combust with delight.
December 29th, 2005 10:16 AM
Gazza
quote:
parmeda wrote:
I can't say for certain if we'll be traveling to NY in a few short weeks...there's something that is keeping me very close to home right now and I can't commit to leaving just yet.

Go. You need a lift - at least for a couple of days!
December 29th, 2005 10:50 AM
jb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
In 2006 I resolve to:

Quit eating donuts.

Hug Gypsy.

Hug LJ.

Hug Martha.

Buy Egon a beer.

Buy JB a double.

Get divorced.

Thanks..but I buy the drinks around here!!! And I hope you are kidding about the other thing...
December 29th, 2005 11:43 AM
Martha
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Martha, keep the hope(s) of your dreams close to your heart.

I mentioned the M&M's to the ol' boy...he had a huge smile for ya!

I can still go right to that moment in my mind like it was happening now...what a wonderful night that was. I'm sorry it was such a short meeting...but it was truly wonderful. Peanut M&M's! Oh yeah!

I can't say for certain if we'll be traveling to NY in a few short weeks...there's something that is keeping me very close to home right now and I can't commit to leaving just yet. I'll e-mail you with the sorted details...it's pretty sad.

Pam....You and your's are in my PRAYERS. I am sending my love and hopes to you, I pray that whatever you are dealing with you will have the strength you need. Lean on me anytime. Please. I care and l Iove you sister. :-)

Don't go pinching yourself too hard now, Martha...you're going to get a battery of hugs! ...gotta watch out for those bruises!

LOL I hadn't considered that. I'll knock off the pinching thing. I need to bulk up.....my weight is too low. I don't want to be squeezed to death either! LOL

I hope to see you then.

with lots and lots of love and hugs,
MM
December 29th, 2005 11:44 AM
gimmekeef Get into the Atlanta show..and keep my torrent share ratio above 1.00......
December 29th, 2005 11:45 AM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
No Martha, no JB.

Right On Brother!

I luvs you!

xxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooo,
Maaaaaartha!

December 29th, 2005 11:52 AM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Go. You need a lift - at least for a couple of days!

Lift! :-)

Absolutely. A reason to go on is what this Summit means for me, it's that important with all I am having to deal with.

Shit Pam, I can't even go to either show (no $$ at all), but I am comin' to see all of you (weather permitting) anyway.

And I will need those M&M's. :-)

My fingers are crossed for you.

Gazza you are such a calming, kind influence and I know I have to meet you. Today I feel that even more.

Greet greet greet!

No Martha, No jb!~
December 29th, 2005 12:01 PM
Martha
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
In 2006 I resolve to:

Quit eating donuts.

Hug Gypsy.

Hug LJ.

Hug Martha.

Buy Egon a beer.

Buy JB a double.

Get divorced.

I get a hug I get a hug from Stonesy!!!!!

Lalalala!

SS, are you pulling my chain about divorce? I hope you are, unless you are miserable and at an impasse. I may be getting a divorce in 2006 also, the jury is out right now (looking better that we might make it today that is).

If we continue our marriage will need to become what it needed to become 15 years ago. A partnership of equals, not a parent-child relationship, which is what it is now. That's what both of us grew up with in terms of role-models. Our parent's did not have a marriage they had parent-child madness. Kids who grow up in that sickness pay a high price for that immature shit.

And.....I love my husband very, very deeply (he's a very good man) so I hope we can work all our (childhood abuse) crap out....but if not so be it.

I'm going on and embracing my life (thanks Jaxx) no matter what. This is my New Years Resolution to self.

Hugs are a-comin'!

xxxxxxxxxooooooooo,
MM

December 29th, 2005 01:41 PM
glencar Wow, this thread has turned into a downer...
December 29th, 2005 01:45 PM
glencar Joshy, Israel/Palestine was peaceful this week. Maybe the world is getting better?
December 29th, 2005 01:47 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, Israel/Palestine was peaceful this week. Maybe the world is getting better?

Hamas has vowed to push the jewish state into the sea...and until we eliminate their leaders, as well as those in Syria and Terhan, the world is on the brink of a nuclear holocaust. We will act soon on the Iranian Nukes once Ariel feels better and george gives the O,K, We'll take the blame like in 8o, but we all know we want it done.
December 29th, 2005 01:49 PM
glencar My sweet neocon!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)