ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Second Leg!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Years Resolutions Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 3rd, 2006 11:15 AM
Sir Stonesalot Sorry to bring this back from the dead...but I've been, uhhh, dealing with some stuff. Didn't really have much of a chance to catch up on threads.

I saw some of the remarks made to my resolutions and thought they deserved an answer.

No I wasn't kidding. I told the wife yesterday. She wasn't even upset.

So for now, I'm still here at my house. But I'll be apartment hunting etc. for the next few weeks. I'm hoping to have some shit squared away before I hit NYC on the 20th.

You know, going to this thing is a REALLY irresponsible thing to do. I mean, I need every $$$ I can scrape together to start over...and yet off I go to NYC for a rather expensive weekend. LOL! AND I'll do it again in March! I must be nuts.

Whatever. I need the mental health time. I'll just have to pick up all the overtime I can grab.

Anyhow, don't feel bad, or sad, or anything like that for me. I got a wonderful kid out of the ordeal. And I'm sure that both my wife & I will both be much happier in the long run.

January 3rd, 2006 11:23 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

" Hamas has vowed to push the jewish state into the sea...and until we eliminate their leaders, as well as those in Syria and Terhan, the world is on the brink of a nuclear holocaust. We will act soon on the Iranian Nukes once Ariel feels better and george gives the O,K, We'll take the blame like in 8o, but we all know we want it done."

" Iran to Resume Nuclear Fuel Research "

" Iran has decided to resume research into nuclear fuel production, a top official said Tuesday in a statement certain to increase concerns that Iran is moving toward production of nuclear weapons.

Mohammad Saeedi, deputy head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, did not specify what kind of research would be resumed but said that for now, it did not include the enrichment of uranium, a process that can produce fuel for atomic weapons.

"It has been decided that the International Atomic Energy Agency will be informed today about (our) research in the field of nuclear fuel. Research will resume in cooperation and coordination with the IAEA in the next few days," Saeedi said.

Saeedi said Iran's nuclear program had suffered significantly from a research suspension over the past 2 1/2 years and it could no longer keep its scientists from proceeding.

Tehran says the program is for electricity generation, despite U.S. and European concerns that it is moving to produce nuclear bombs.

IAEA head Mohamed ElBaradei said in Vienna that Iran told the U.N. nuclear watchdog Tuesday of a decision to resume research and development starting Feb. 9.

Elbaradei said it was important that Tehran "maintains its suspension of all enrichment-related activity" as a way of reducing international suspicions about its nuclear plans.

Elbaradei also called on Iran to "build confidence and enable the resumption of dialogue with all concerned parties."

A European diplomat, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to publicly discuss European Union strategy, said it was too early to evaluate the significance of the move, and whether it would scuttle talks planned for later this months between Iran and French, British and German negotiators.

The EU has previously said that any decision by Iran to resume work on its uranium enrichment program would be "the red line" that would end European attempts to negotiate with Iran over its nuclear program. An end to the talks would revive attempts to have Iran taken before the U.N. Security Council for violating the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty, the EU has said.

Iran has come under heavy international pressure from the IAEA and the West to abandon its program to produce fuel for its Russian-built nuclear reactor, which is to come online this year, as well as its future nuclear power plants.

Iran has vowed it will never give up its right under the treaty to enrich uranium and produce nuclear fuel inside its borders.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi said his country will reject a U.S. and European-backed Russian proposal to end the nuclear dispute if it sought to move any Iranian enrichment program to Russia, its northern neighbor.

"If it means enrichment be carried out (only) in Russia, we have said it is not acceptable. But if it is a complementary plan, we will study it," Asefi told reporters in Iran.

Extremists within the increasingly hard-line Iranian government have denounced the Russian proposal as a "dirty trick."

While refusing to renounce enrichment, Iran suspended many aspects of its nuclear fuel program in 2003 as a goodwill gesture during negotiations with Britain, France and Germany.

The talks collapsed in August after Iran resumed uranium reprocessing, a step before enrichment, at its Uranium Conversion Facility in Isfahan.

The two sides resumed dialogue last month but have so far failed to resolve the dispute. "

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060103/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_nuclear

January 3rd, 2006 01:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

" Iran to Resume Nuclear Fuel Research "

" Iran has decided to resume research into nuclear fuel production, a top official said Tuesday in a statement certain to increase concerns that Iran is moving toward production of nuclear weapons.

Mohammad Saeedi, deputy head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, did not specify what kind of research would be resumed but said that for now, it did not include the enrichment of uranium, a process that can produce fuel for atomic weapons.

"It has been decided that the International Atomic Energy Agency will be informed today about (our) research in the field of nuclear fuel. Research will resume in cooperation and coordination with the IAEA in the next few days," Saeedi said.

Saeedi said Iran's nuclear program had suffered significantly from a research suspension over the past 2 1/2 years and it could no longer keep its scientists from proceeding.

Tehran says the program is for electricity generation, despite U.S. and European concerns that it is moving to produce nuclear bombs.

IAEA head Mohamed ElBaradei said in Vienna that Iran told the U.N. nuclear watchdog Tuesday of a decision to resume research and development starting Feb. 9.

Elbaradei said it was important that Tehran "maintains its suspension of all enrichment-related activity" as a way of reducing international suspicions about its nuclear plans.

Elbaradei also called on Iran to "build confidence and enable the resumption of dialogue with all concerned parties."

A European diplomat, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to publicly discuss European Union strategy, said it was too early to evaluate the significance of the move, and whether it would scuttle talks planned for later this months between Iran and French, British and German negotiators.

The EU has previously said that any decision by Iran to resume work on its uranium enrichment program would be "the red line" that would end European attempts to negotiate with Iran over its nuclear program. An end to the talks would revive attempts to have Iran taken before the U.N. Security Council for violating the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty, the EU has said.

Iran has come under heavy international pressure from the IAEA and the West to abandon its program to produce fuel for its Russian-built nuclear reactor, which is to come online this year, as well as its future nuclear power plants.

Iran has vowed it will never give up its right under the treaty to enrich uranium and produce nuclear fuel inside its borders.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi said his country will reject a U.S. and European-backed Russian proposal to end the nuclear dispute if it sought to move any Iranian enrichment program to Russia, its northern neighbor.

"If it means enrichment be carried out (only) in Russia, we have said it is not acceptable. But if it is a complementary plan, we will study it," Asefi told reporters in Iran.

Extremists within the increasingly hard-line Iranian government have denounced the Russian proposal as a "dirty trick."

While refusing to renounce enrichment, Iran suspended many aspects of its nuclear fuel program in 2003 as a goodwill gesture during negotiations with Britain, France and Germany.

The talks collapsed in August after Iran resumed uranium reprocessing, a step before enrichment, at its Uranium Conversion Facility in Isfahan.

The two sides resumed dialogue last month but have so far failed to resolve the dispute. "

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060103/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_nuclear

my baby is BACK!
January 3rd, 2006 01:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Martha wrote:
"he has embarked on a tour asking people to watch him play a guitar and sing without any back up band..."

And I very fortunately (got tickets hours before the show) got to see one of those gigs this year. I can't think of anyone else who could pull off a solo show who is in his position....but he most certainly can and did.

Whether you like him or not he is the Boss....damn straight.

Summit Summit SUMMIT!

falalala,
Martha

I love Van Zandt as Sivio!

Sadly, Bruce, a supposed legend, had a lower tour gross than:

Motley Crue
Rascal Flats
Toby Keith
Neil Diamond
Dave Matthews Band
Celine Dion
Green Day
Kenny Chesney
Jimmy Buffet
Macca
U2 (ugh)
Elton John
Eagles
Stones

HUMILIATING!!!!!!MOTLEY FUCKING CRUE!!!
January 3rd, 2006 01:42 PM
LadyJane SS....BELIEVE me when I tell you that I understand EVERYTHING you are going through.

You aren't the only one in this situation.

Know what??? We NEED this Summit.....it'll help us with the troubles that lie ahead.

I can always pick up a part time job at McDonald's I guess.

Looking forward to that hug.

LJ.
January 3rd, 2006 01:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot I hear ya LJ.

You get a little extra squeeze on that hug.
January 3rd, 2006 02:23 PM
Factory Girl Stonesy, check PM.
January 3rd, 2006 02:34 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

So for now, I'm still here at my house. But I'll be apartment hunting etc. for the next few weeks. I'm hoping to have some shit squared away before I hit NYC on the 20th.

...........are you serious ?!?!

.. a new woman ?!?! .... Cool !!!!

|
|
V

D. J. Jazzy Joe

Snuggles ! ®

January 3rd, 2006 03:01 PM
Sir Stonesalot Nope. No new woman involved. Just can't deal with the old one anymore.

I'm not saying that I'm opposed to a new woman. But I gotta say that the thought of "dating" again is a little daunting. Especially now that I'm staring down 40. I mean...condoms? C'mon man, I haven't had to buy a condom in 15 years! And I'm not sure I even remember who gets handcuffed first.
January 3rd, 2006 03:03 PM
Joey " And I'm not sure I even remember who gets handcuffed first. "

January 4th, 2006 10:58 AM
Joey " I you (ss) sevral drinks and hug you quickly(see me at lower concession level)."

January 4th, 2006 11:11 AM
jb
quote:
jb wrote:
I will buy you (ss) sevral drinks and hug you quickly(see me at lower concession level).

January 4th, 2006 11:13 AM
Joey

............................ss ! "

January 5th, 2006 10:37 AM
Martha
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Sorry to bring this back from the dead...but I've been, uhhh, dealing with some stuff. Didn't really have much of a chance to catch up on threads.

I saw some of the remarks made to my resolutions and thought they deserved an answer.

You know, going to this thing is a REALLY irresponsible thing to do. I mean, I need every $$$ I can scrape together to start over...and yet off I go to NYC for a rather expensive weekend. LOL! AND I'll do it again in March! I must be nuts.

Whatever. I need the mental health time. I'll just have to pick up all the overtime I can grab.

Anyhow, don't feel bad, or sad, or anything like that for me. I got a wonderful kid out of the ordeal. And I'm sure that both my wife & I will both be much happier in the long run.

I'm sorry to hear your news Stonesy. Thanks for telling us where you are in your life. I care.

It is helpful if the divorce can be amicable, which it sounds like you have in the works. :-)

I've been through divorce and I know when it ain't workin' it ain't workin'. It felt better when I made the decision to leave my first husband ( no, not Johnny Mellencamp, the husband before him) even though he was extremely angry (came after me with a gun planning to kill me) and did not take it in stride.

Still, I felt relieved and knew I had to move on.

I'll see you in the City.

Keep the light on!

love and peace to you brother,
Martha!
January 5th, 2006 11:40 AM
Joey

January 5th, 2006 11:48 AM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Nope. No new woman involved. Just can't deal with the old one anymore.

I'm not saying that I'm opposed to a new woman. But I gotta say that the thought of "dating" again is a little daunting. Especially now that I'm staring down 40. I mean...condoms? C'mon man, I haven't had to buy a condom in 15 years! And I'm not sure I even remember who gets handcuffed first.

The solution is in your hand, for the the time being...

All bullshit aside, you got my ear if you ever need it...
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)