ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Second Leg!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Years Resolutions Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
December 27th, 2005 05:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I will quit smoking.
I will quit drinking.
I will quit lying to my girlfriend...
...(except when it's absolutely necessary.)

There's got to be more but that's a start.
December 27th, 2005 06:15 PM
Some Guy I'm just gonna keep on keeping on.
December 27th, 2005 06:52 PM
BILL PERKS I'M GONNA QUIT THE SPIT...CHEWING TOBACCO
December 27th, 2005 07:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I will quit mindless hero worship.

Yeah, right.
December 27th, 2005 07:42 PM
Martha Early this morning I had my first dream where I saw and talked to my Dad, since he died 8 weeks ago today....and called my Mother to tell her and learned that she had dreamed about him for the first time as well just last night. ?!?!?!

I don't know if that is significant, but it feels so to me.

So, I am making a New Year's decision and it's important that I announce it here and now. I came to know this decision on my way down the stairs from having just had this vivid dream of my Dad......and as I came down the stairs I suddenly and calmly heard and simultaneously knew that I am..............

COMING TO NEW YORK TO BE WITH EVERYONE OF YOU CRAZY FUCKS FOR THE SUMMIT!

I do not know how what when and where or any details other than I know I am coming. I must.

You all need a Martha....you don't have one yet do you. Let it be me. :-)

LJ, Stonesy, Gary, your calls turned the tide somehow for me.....and I cannot wait to hugs the bloody crap outta you. Gypsy your emails sealed the deal....I slept on your wise words and realized what is important....and that I must connect to the people I love so dearly. I cannot let this opportunity slip through my fingers. So what if I am broke.:-)

Please direct me to the list of Summit Goers. I've been avoiding reading about the shows feeling unable to go before now. So I don't know the plans.

The only thing to stop me now is inclimate weather.

Even if I die I'm still gonna show up. :-)

Fuck Yup!

Happy New Year's Resolutions!

peace love and long live music!!!!
Maaaaaaaaaaartha!~
December 27th, 2005 07:44 PM
Martha Oh, and I will never stop loving rock and roll.

:-)

December 27th, 2005 11:22 PM
Gazza you're going, after all??

Excellent news! Look forward to seeing you!
December 27th, 2005 11:56 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
you're going, after all??

Excellent news! Look forward to seeing you!

Indeed I feel rather excellent compared to the past 5 days.....:-) Thanks everyone for all the supportive and kind words.

Yes, I am going to make it there no matter what. Thanks for helping me realize it's what I must do Gary (the Dylan shows helped tremendously as did the call). :-)

I know I am supposed to meet you and this is my chance. I'm throwin' down and will eat peanut butter if that's all I got. I'm coming.

So get yourself ready for hugs galore from me. You aren't hug phobic or anything.........are you? LOL

It really did just come to me this morning that I have to get myself to the shows to meet everyone. I feel I am being told....guided as I had also prayed for specific guidance the day before and hadn't done that before. :-)

I have no idea about getting tickets, but I'll figure it out. I'll give Keef a ring. hehehe.....

I also have to get details about where to connect with you and others. Is there a thread with that info in it somewhere or a list of who is going so far?

I cannot friggin' wait.

Yes!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooooooooooooo,
Martha
December 28th, 2005 12:00 AM
jb I shall not jerk off as much.
December 28th, 2005 12:04 AM
sirmoonie Go Martha go!

Those ROCC ladies will take care of you, and you will have a great time.
December 28th, 2005 12:07 AM
Martha
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Go Martha go!

Those ROCC ladies will take care of you, and you will have a great time.

Thank you darlin' I am GOIN'!

How's about you? Will we meet and greet?

:-)
December 28th, 2005 12:51 AM
voodoopug I shall encourage as many as possible to stop being fans of:

U2
U2 Tribute Bands
Macca
Wings
Wings Tribute Bands
Steely Dan tribute Bands
Bruce Springsteen
December 28th, 2005 12:54 AM
parmeda BRUCE???

(Have you gone mad?)

Explain this to me, please...
December 28th, 2005 12:56 AM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:
BRUCE???

(Have you gone mad?)

Explain this to me, please...

he has embarked on a tour asking people to watch him play a guitar and sing without any back up band...he has convinced himself that he is bigger than any band and has lost touch with the folks that put him where he is today. He takes ticket sales away from the stones and shall not be greeted. you on the other hand Pam, are one of my favorite cub fans and shall always be greeted!
December 28th, 2005 12:57 AM
parmeda
quote:
Martha wrote:
I don't know if that is significant, but it feels so to me.

Oh, you can bet your ever-lovin' ass if was significant!

I'm so happy for you, Martha! You're going to have a grand time
December 28th, 2005 12:57 AM
jb Bruce is all rightin my book..........Pug , have you been dipping in the latte eggnogs at starbucks again? Jane Byrd humiliated Chicago as does Oprah and Steadman.
December 28th, 2005 12:59 AM
jb
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I'M GONNA QUIT THE SPIT...CHEWING TOBACCO

Good idea as it causes lip/oral cancer,,,,my friend had 1/2 his jaw removed...it ain't topretty, but he is alive.
December 28th, 2005 12:59 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Bruce is all rightin my book..........Pug , have you been dipping in the latte eggnogs at starbucks again? Jane Byrd humiliated Chicago as does Oprah and Steadman.

I like Born to Run, Dancin in the Dark,Glory Days, and The Rising....can't get into the rest of it...must be a generation gap thing.
December 28th, 2005 01:05 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I like Born to Run, Dancin in the Dark,Glory Days, and The Rising....can't get into the rest of it...must be a generation gap thing.

You should get the River, Darkness on the edge of Town, Born to run, Nebraska, and some old dvd's..the guy was once nearly godlike.......
[Edited by jb]
December 28th, 2005 01:05 AM
parmeda
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
he has embarked on a tour asking people to watch him play a guitar and sing without any back up band...he has convinced himself that he is bigger than any band and has lost touch with the folks that put him where he is today. He takes ticket sales away from the stones and shall not be greeted. you on the other hand Pam, are one of my favorite cub fans and shall always be greeted!

pug, darlin'...I thank you for the kind words.
However, I do think you're being a tad harsh on Mr. S.
While I totally agreed with the other's on your list, I feel you should sleep on it tonight and reconsider your bitterness towards The Boss.

Fuck...he hangs with Steven Van Zandt for Christ sake!

December 28th, 2005 01:08 AM
jb Pug has gas....he and father ate 25 $1.00 burritos on trip to Memphis....he was a gas, gas, gas...but it blew out of his ass, ass, ass,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Memphis humiliation part 1
December 28th, 2005 01:09 AM
parmeda Josh...isn't it past your bedtime, dear?
December 28th, 2005 01:16 AM
gypsy
quote:
Martha wrote:
...and as I came down the stairs I suddenly and calmly heard and simultaneously knew that I am..............

COMING TO NEW YORK TO BE WITH EVERYONE OF YOU CRAZY FUCKS FOR THE SUMMIT!

I do not know how what when and where or any details other than I know I am coming. I must.

You all need a Martha....you don't have one yet do you. Let it be me. :-)

LJ, Stonesy, Gary, your calls turned the tide somehow for me.....and I cannot wait to hugs the bloody crap outta you. Gypsy your emails sealed the deal....I slept on your wise words and realized what is important....and that I must connect to the people I love so dearly. I cannot let this opportunity slip through my fingers. So what if I am broke.:-)

Please direct me to the list of Summit Goers. I've been avoiding reading about the shows feeling unable to go before now. So I don't know the plans.

The only thing to stop me now is inclimate weather.

Even if I die I'm still gonna show up. :-)

Fuck Yup!

Happy New Year's Resolutions!

peace love and long live music!!!!
Maaaaaaaaaaartha!~

Oh! Martha! I'm so elated that you are going! Wow - I am touched that my emails played a part in your decision. Honey, you know LJ and I will take care of you - a fellow ROCC sister ALONE in NYC? Not happening on my watch, sistah.

Hugs & Kisses,
~gyps
December 28th, 2005 01:16 AM
jb I will lend emotional support..and a few cold ones,
December 28th, 2005 01:17 AM
gypsy
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Josh...isn't it past your bedtime, dear?

Parmy, I was just going to ask him that. But I guess he's all riled up thinking about Eva "Langoria."
December 28th, 2005 01:19 AM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
I will lend emotional support..and a few cold ones,

You are a kind man, jb. A big/tall man with all the pluses and minuses that go with it.
December 28th, 2005 01:20 AM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Parmy, I was just going to ask him that. But I guess he's all riled up thinking about Eva "Langoria."

Easy week at work...mad a ton, and drank a lot and poppe3d some pills tonight..I'm wired(see John Belushi). But unlike most, I'll be in my office by 9 settling yet another case for the little guy!!!
December 28th, 2005 01:23 AM
parmeda Sweet dreams, Josh...

December 28th, 2005 01:27 AM
Egbert Since I quit my job this year and remain unemployed, the next logical step would be to start getting high again. That will be my NY's resolution.
December 28th, 2005 01:40 AM
Egbert
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I shall encourage as many as possible to stop being fans of:

...Bruce Springsteen

I agree Pug - have always thought of him as a poseur.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)