ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks TT!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Last Contest of 2002 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
12-22-02 10:20 AM
Sir Stonesalot SIA's post reviewing 2002 gave me an idea for another contest....but I will need help from all of you...even the lurkers.

Here is the deal....

This will actually be several different contests all at the same time.

I will post 5 different contests....I will PM five regulars asking for nominees for each contest. I will then post each contest with it's list of nominees. We will then have a boardwide vote in each category. The winner of each contest will get to pick any two shows, or one video, that they want from my trade lists(Anyone else who wants to donate prizes for the winners, please PM me). AND they get the satisfaction of being admired by their posting peers, and showered with praise & glory.

So this is sort of like a Rocks Off version of a year end awards show. The Stoneys? The Rocksoffys? The Noltes? I'm open to suggestions as to what to call the awards....

Anyhow, this will take a few days to put together. Hopefully I can get the nominees posted shortly after Xmas, and voting can run thru the end of the year, with winners announced on New Years Day.

And the categories are......

Funniest Regular Poster
Smartest Regular Poster
Craziest Regular Poster
Stonesiest Regular Poster
Best Regular Poster Of The Year

I'm not going to tell you whom I'm picking to be on the nomination committee with me. It will be a cross section of our regulars and moderators, covering the entire globe.
12-22-02 11:31 AM
Fiji Joe C'mom SS...there has got to be an award for the regular poster with the flabbiest man-breasts
12-22-02 11:35 AM
Moonisup you have a shirt now fiji!!
12-22-02 11:36 AM
Fiji Joe Yeah...it's cold out here and I was tired of people knowing when I was excited
12-22-02 05:41 PM
sirmoonie I dunno about this. Remember last year, all the negative campaigns that got launched.

Steelie's Howe days being brought to light on the eve of the decision, Maxy having to go on BET to renounce his youthful mistakes about DirtyWorkagation, Joey's criminal past being thrown in this face, Chibagate, "depends what '5 lb rocks' is," voting records on circumscision being taken out of context, etc.....

I just don't know if the board can handle any more scandals.
12-22-02 06:40 PM
Fiji Joe Slow down Sir Moonie...I got you pegged for smartest poster...and the poster who most resembles W.C. Fields
12-22-02 07:54 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy The Noltes.

Anyone know a trophymaker anywhere? We could get one of those awards with the guy standing on the cup and have his face surgically altered to the priceless expression of our boy Nick...

-tSYX --- Universe at play inside your DNA, you're a million years old today...
12-22-02 08:03 PM
sasca I'm a cancer crab and the ocean rolls through my soul.
12-22-02 08:39 PM
Stonesprofessor Award Name: The Nankers
12-22-02 09:02 PM
Soul Survivor Lifes a bowl of cherries, and I'm in the pits
12-22-02 09:26 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
sasca wrote:
I'm a cancer crab and the ocean rolls through my soul.

Pretty damn good song off a pretty damn good album, methinks.

And now, the bridge to the Stones:

Keith: "I'm a Sagitarius, half-man, half-horse, with a license to shit in the street..."

I wonder if Keith's buddy Farmer George picked up on that one for that number.

I'm still with Nolte over Nanker. Nolte is like a personal RocksOffish-Edith-Grove-Nanker-Pulling.

-tSYX --- I wish I had the answer to give, but I don't even have the cure...
12-22-02 10:38 PM
Soul Survivor
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Keith: "I'm a Sagitarius, half-man, half-horse, with a license to shit in the street..."

Dude, that aint cool. He compares himself to a horse, then he talks about shitting in the street. What the fuck Keith, drop a load in your home, you not the fuckin Street Fighting Man
12-22-02 10:53 PM
Fiji Joe The award would look something like this...

12-22-02 10:55 PM
Soul Survivor thats fuckin nice Fiji!
12-23-02 09:24 AM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, I think the Noltes is it.

Since it's my contest, I guess I get to decide....and I decide, it's The Noltes.

Also, I decided to have another category...Best Young Regular. We have a pile of "kids" here, and I think they deserve some recognition for carrying on the flame.

There will also be some other categories, but they won't actually win anything except a title. Mainly because I can't give a prize to everyone in a particular thread...it's too much. But I'll let you know about those later.

Now, I'm waiting to hear back from some of the nomination committee members.
12-23-02 10:13 AM
jb SS...sorry to be off topic(what else is new)..Is "Happy Birthday Nicky" disc 2 a second perth show? Mine starts off in the middle of Brown Sugar then proceeds w/ the same songs (although I like the technical diificulties nuances) as disc one. Thanks and Merry Christams!
[Edited by jb]
12-23-02 10:18 AM
Sir Stonesalot One is the afternoon show, and one is the evening show...I think. Disc 2 may by one of the Sydney shows...I forget exactly.
12-23-02 10:24 AM
jb Thanks...I also want to nominate you as "Most giving Poster" for the joy you have provided us with via the boots...
12-23-02 12:14 PM
sasca
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:

Pretty damn good song off a pretty damn good album, methinks.

Yeah, I've bought it for my mom for Christmas. A couple of weak moments but 'Pisces Fish' and 'The Rising Sun' are wonderful.
12-23-02 02:44 PM
luxury1 What about sexiest poster? Dirtiest poster? Oh, wait, that'd be you Stoney.
12-23-02 03:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot Which one, sexy or dirty? Both?

Either way, what are you doing later tonight?
12-23-02 03:49 PM
luxury1 you take turns at being both. And I am still smarting from the C10 doing bongs off my back. Hubby decided to look at RO that night, and I had to wash my mouth out with soap. Haven't been the same since.
and I am spent from last night, so sorry SS.
12-23-02 09:08 PM
gypsy I had my mouth washed out with Ivory dishwashing liquid once. I can just look at a bottle of it, and it makes me sick.
12-23-02 09:15 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I had my mouth washed out with Ivory dishwashing liquid once. I can just look at a bottle of it, and it makes me sick.

Yecch! I got my mouth washed out with Ivory bar soap after seeing "Back To The Future" and refusing to stop roaring out "You son of a bitch!"

-tSYX --- Well, I love ya dirty fucker...
12-23-02 10:34 PM
gypsy Ha! I had mine washed out for supposedly saying "shit for brains" after watching "Smokey and the Bandit." The sad thing was that I was really young, and was actually saying "shifter brains."
12-23-02 10:37 PM
gypsy SS, since I have to spend all day in the hospital tomorrow, can I get some kind of sympathy award? Cuz throwing up blood is Nolte-worthy, in my opinion.
12-23-02 11:46 PM
littleredrooster Throwing up BLOOD!!!
On Christmas Eve !!!

Sounds like my family reunion!!

Roooostah
12-24-02 01:16 AM
Martha Oh my..Let the fun begin!!!
12-24-02 03:19 AM
fmk438j
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Disc 2 may by one of the Sydney shows...I forget exactly.

Yes, 26th Feb.
12-24-02 07:25 AM
Cant Catch Me Sadly, even on the Internet it seems we can�t shake off the bias that favors the vapid but beautiful, those with camera-friendly, pretty faces and perpetual smirks. Worldwide, our culture rewards those whose smug, glib chatter is as effortless as it is substanceless while shunning the less fortunate who will toil thanklessly and ceaselessly their whole lives trying to attain comparable levels of charm or intellect. Why should this message board mimic the rest of our media-mad culture and single out the pulchritudinous posters with the ready quips for special recognition when the less fetching posters slink into obscurity, unnoticed and unsung, no matter how heroic they labor to overcome their shortcomings? If the goal is an accurate representation of humanity's breadth, shouldn't the board celebrate the cap and gown that accompany erudition side-by-side with the dunce's cap and the ignorant bliss it confers? What good, in other words, are the jewels of wit and intelligence without the foil provided by the base metal of imbecility? Why should those unencumbered by beauty, intellect or humor be denied their own award categories? Shouldn't Rocks Off celebrate human folly and the failings of our species in addition to giving out the "glamour" awards that gloss over our imperfections? For the sake of egalitarianism, then, how about some awards for the less fortunate? You don't even have to give out extra prizes, since the winners certainly should understand that just being selected is honor enough. So, here to correct the mendacity of the original contest categories are some suggestions for additional categories:
Most Consistently Moronic Poster or Most Moronic Post,
Most Incomprehensible Post or Poster,
Poster Who's Making the Most Progress in Overcoming an Obviously Debilitating Handicap,
Poster with the "Best Team Spirit,"
Poster Who's Most Likely to Be Learning Human Speech as His or Her Second Language, and
The Stupefaction Award, for the Dullest Poster of the Year, and
The Most Idiotic Poster of All Time Award.

(Also, Most Pompous Post or Poster, just so I have a shot at glory.)
Page: 1 2 3