ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Goin' South routine... Salón 21, México D.F. August 31, 2001
By Juan Trujillo

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How are you spending Christmas day? Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-23-02 10:46 AM
jb I will be attending a buffet at The Polo Club of Boca, Raton....they have one of the best spreads around. I will then relax in the backyard sunning myself while drinking Wild Turkey on the rocks and listening to the plethora of bootlegs recently sent to me by SS....Hope your day is as good as mine.
[Edited by jb]
12-23-02 10:51 AM
Soul Survivor I would do the same.....

Hey SS, can ya send me some? Spread the joy
12-23-02 10:56 AM
Sir Stonesalot Send me some blanks after New Years, Soulie. Let me know what you want.
12-23-02 10:59 AM
Soul Survivor whatcha got?
12-23-02 11:02 AM
jb Sharing the love...
12-23-02 11:03 AM
Soul Survivor .....through illegal recordings........
12-23-02 11:08 AM
Sir Stonesalot Better question Soulie....what don't I got?
12-23-02 11:09 AM
jb My favorite boots are as follows:
1) Brussels Affair
2)Sydney 73
3)Happy Birthay Nicky
4)Leed Lungs
5)Handsome Girls vols. 1-4
6)Stripped Companion(perhaps the most pleasing boot ever)
7)LA-75
8)Hill Side Blues..Goodtime Woman and Highway Child are fucking killer)
12-23-02 11:10 AM
Dan Working 12-8 at double time. Any other co-workers who don't want to work Christmas I will take their shifts too. I am available 7am to midnight for work, which on Christmas is answering the phone every 20 minutes and stuffing my face.
12-23-02 11:11 AM
Soul Survivor Ya, well I only have:

Steel Wheels Over Tokyo (Thanks To You SS!)
Houston '78
Ft. Worth '72
Jersey Devil '81 (First Show Only)
IORR Outtakes
12-23-02 11:16 AM
jb What's up with Jesey Devils...I have no 81 boots, and quite frankly, did not like how they sounded or played in 81....Mick didn't sound good, and it was the final stages of Keith losing his "voice".
[Edited by jb]
12-23-02 11:17 AM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
....Hope your day is as good as mine.

Brunch with the Kissingers, then jetting off to Monte Carlo for a bit of Baccarat. Then dinner - we don't actually eat much; we just throw the food away so the poor people can't have any. Phone call to the White House, wishing W. the best of luck with WW3 (what's the hold up? Let's get it OVER with!) I usually end the day sitting in a bathtub full of caviar drinking a big glass full of the blood of the downtrodden.

...hope my day is a lot better than yours!
12-23-02 11:17 AM
Honky Tonk Man Counting the seconds 'till Boxing Day
12-23-02 11:18 AM
jb There will be no war with Iraq...W is all talk, but lets the pacifist Powell control foregn policy..it may very wll cost him the election.
12-23-02 11:20 AM
Soul Survivor
quote:
jb wrote:
What's up with Jesey Devils...I have no 81 boots, and quite frankly, did not like how they sounded or played in 81....Mick didn't sound good, and it was the final stages of Keith losing his "voice".
[Edited by jb]

Come one, they aint that bad. Are you sayin you dont like HAMPTON '81!?
12-23-02 11:22 AM
jb I think everyone has a VHS copy of Hampton..It was a big event back then and an early precursor to pay per view shows...How is the sound on Jersey Devils...sound board?
P.S.-the Keith/fan incident is by now, legendary!!!
[Edited by jb]
12-23-02 11:24 AM
Sir Stonesalot Brunch with the Kissingers? After the stunt they pulled back at Thanksgiving?

Well, I WILL NOT give "those people" the time of day ever again.

Hey, feel like getting drunk with me tonight? I gotta go to State right after work, but I should be home early evening....
12-23-02 11:28 AM
Soul Survivor
quote:
jb wrote:
I think everyone has a VHS copy of Hampton..It was a big event back then and an early precursor to pay per view shows...How is the sound on Jersey Devils...sound board?
P.S.-the Keith/fan incident is by now, legendary!!!
[Edited by jb]

JErsey Devls......excellent show. It IS a soundboard. You may no tlike the '81 tour, but this show is excellent.
12-23-02 11:42 AM
egon
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Counting the seconds 'till Boxing Day

as one of the only countries in europe france doesn't have boxing day/2nd day of xmas.

12-23-02 12:23 PM
Sir Stonesalot We have it here in the US almost every day!

Husbands box their wives. Wives box their husbands. Rivals box each other for the affection of another. Strangers box each other in fits of road rage. Drunks box each other just for the hell of it.

We got people boxing all the time! I know because I send the cops and the ambulances to the aftermath. Seems kind of silly to make a holiday of it though...
12-23-02 12:30 PM
sasca Sounds like you're in need of Festivus. Down here we used to have Boxing Day. Now we have, dear God, People's Day. Why do I get the feeling that when people talk about People, I am not included?
12-23-02 12:34 PM
sasca Oh, and I'll be going out for lunch with my parents and brother, then visiting my grandparents, then coming home to digest and to play with my presents. Perhaps I'll see some of you here.
12-23-02 12:42 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Why do I get the feeling that when people talk about People, I am not included? <

Because you are nuts.

Sorry, couldn't stop myself....
12-23-02 12:44 PM
scope My family is coming over for dinner. I think I'll be expected to take the Stones CD's out of the changer tomorrow. Seems to me that Boxing day could be coming sooner at my house this year.
12-23-02 01:06 PM
sasca
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Because you are nuts.

I protest. So I insert musical items into my person. Is that any reason for me to be labelled 'nuts'? So now and again I like to slip into the night and take one human life. It's a valid life-style choice.
12-23-02 01:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Is that any reason for me to be labelled 'nuts'? <

Of course it is.

I'm not even gonna go near your vampiric tendencies. You may even be beyond just plain "nuts". Wacko may be a closer scientific term.
12-23-02 02:08 PM
luxury1 SS--I got drunk last night instead, damn it! Toasted the new house in true NY spirit. Lots of dead soldiers laying around the kitchen this a.m. And scope, yeah, no Stones for me either. I tried to play the TowerTheatre recording last night, and my friends booed it right outta the player. So I danced by myself to Love Train. I need some new friends. Christmas with lotsa family as it should be, right here at my new place. I missed New Yorkers, it's good to be home.
12-23-02 09:14 PM
gypsy I spent all day yesterday in the hospital in which I work...but as a patient. I'm having a sigmoidoscopy tomorrow morning. Not a fun way to spend the Holidays.
12-23-02 09:36 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Christmas Eve with the Maternal Relatives horde tomorrow in CT, and Christmas Day at home in MA, peacefully, listening to the stack of Remasters my relatives probably got me because they know how much I love the Stones.

And my parents are letting me go to the Fleet! And drink at Christmas parties!

It's nice - I usually have one drink and then switch back to soda - alcoholism runs inna family, I don't wanna get caught in it like poor Ronnie... unlike less poor Keith & Charlie, who seem invincible enough. Ronnie just ran himself into the ground - Keith got ridda heroin when Ronnie was still having major coke problems.

And then, when I get home... more remasters!

Merry Christmas!

Ho ho ho!

-tSYX --- Run run Rudolph!
12-24-02 02:17 AM
Martha If we get the storm they think we're gonna get I'll be staying home with my husband, Chris, and our cats.

Huuuuuuum....which means...... I can come and visit Rocks Off ALL day....and be with my Stonesicated family which, truth be told, I would prefer. YAY!

If the weather isn't too bad we'll be going to see my folks for the day...and that means I'll see everyone here on the 26th. That works too!

Sorry to learn about your illness Gypsy..please let us all know how you're doing as soon as you are able to post.

I'm thinking of you.

Everyone have a safe and relaxing Merry Christmas!!

Catch some of those rays for me JB...it's a long wait 'til I can get out and sun myself..we're gettting an ICE storm in Ohio tonight! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........
Page: 1 2