ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Christmas Greetings from Kaliningrad, Russia!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aussie news Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 13th, 2005 10:57 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
>>>>I have no idea! But what's your point? Are you in disagreement with my sentiments on ungrateful immigrants who felt it was necessary to beat up three surf lifesavers who were going about their business on a busy Sydney beach on a voluntary basis?

general disappointment with the way people are treating each other....The inmates seem to be running the asylum so to speak. the more this crap happens the more innocent people end up dead.
December 13th, 2005 11:05 PM
gypsymofo60 Well it's known as 'The Quickening'. The end of days. The Apocalypse, Gimme Shelter. We are helpless to stop it from occuring. All one can do is try to do the right thing by one another, sadly; nobody seems to much care for doing the right thing by one another any more. Hatred breeds hatred. Australia was one of the most liberal and accepting of countries at one stage. Now they are simply fed up with having their hospitality shoved right back up their arse.

They are demonstrating their unwillingness to go the way of countries like Britain and France where the lunatics HAVE taken over the asylum, as you say.
December 13th, 2005 11:08 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
>>>>I have no idea! But what's your point? Are you in disagreement with my sentiments on ungrateful immigrants who felt it was necessary to beat up three surf lifesavers who were going about their business on a busy Sydney beach on a voluntary basis?

that's a very superficial and simplisitic view of what is a complex situation

i'm not up with all the facts but you seem to condone the riots on the basis that an entire section of the community is to be blamed for the actions of a few

the whole thing is a national disgrace and no-one on either side is in a position to be righteous about their stance imo
December 13th, 2005 11:14 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

that's a very superficial and simplisitic view of what is a complex situation

i'm not up with all the facts but you seem to condone the riots on the basis that an entire section of the community is to be blamed for the actions of a few

the whole thing is a national disgrace and no-one on either side is in a position to be righteous about their stance imo

>>>>>>BOLLOCKS!........I condone nothing of the sort. But what do you expect the the people of Cronulla and Maroobrah to do? Should they just allow these trouble makers to run amok in their streets. How many Lebonese live in Bridgewater? Where I live they are desecrating anything remotely anglo. I'm all for defence as the appropriate response, and if that offends you or anyone else tough!
December 14th, 2005 12:50 AM
stonedinaustralia [quote]gypsymofo60 wrote:
>>>>>>BOLLOCKS!........I condone nothing of the sort. But what do you expect the the people of Cronulla and Maroobrah to do? Should they just allow these trouble makers to run amok in their streets.

>no - but i don't expect them to take the law into their own hands

How many Lebonese live in Bridgewater?

>not many in bridgewater 'tho there a plenty in adelaide and like any crowd there are a handful that give the rest a bad name

Where I live they are desecrating anything remotely anglo. I'm all for defence as the appropriate response, and if that offends you or anyone else tough!

>well defence (read that as mindless violence) will only result in more of the same

and i'm not offended - tho a bit puzzled - you say on the one hand you don't condone it then on the other say it is the "appropriate response"

as i said in my view this is not a quick fix/simple solution scenario - why are they "desecrating anything remotely anglo"??

i don't profess to know the answer to the problem but i do know that mob violence (from either side) is not the solution - it will only exacerbate and escalate the situation

December 14th, 2005 01:00 AM
beer Happy holidays SIA!!

http://www.gonzomonument.com/

-
December 14th, 2005 02:07 AM
RSRTG So....does anyone have any news regarding the stones touring to Oz?????
December 14th, 2005 05:03 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
beer wrote:
Happy holidays SIA!!

http://www.gonzomonument.com/

-

cheers beer - same to you and your good wife

would love one of those monuments for my back yard!!

thanks for the link

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
December 14th, 2005 05:07 AM
Daethgod yer lets get back on track here

when are the freaking Rolling Stones going to hit Oz ?

[Edited by Daethgod]
December 14th, 2005 06:51 AM
RSRTG I tell ya wot, if we get the tour we want I wanna party with some of you cats.
December 14th, 2005 09:31 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
[quote]gypsymofo60 wrote:
>>>>>>BOLLOCKS!........I condone nothing of the sort. But what do you expect the the people of Cronulla and Maroobrah to do? Should they just allow these trouble makers to run amok in their streets.

>no - but i don't expect them to take the law into their own hands

How many Lebonese live in Bridgewater?

>not many in bridgewater 'tho there a plenty in adelaide and like any crowd there are a handful that give the rest a bad name

Where I live they are desecrating anything remotely anglo. I'm all for defence as the appropriate response, and if that offends you or anyone else tough!

>well defence (read that as mindless violence) will only result in more of the same

and i'm not offended - tho a bit puzzled - you say on the one hand you don't condone it then on the other say it is the "appropriate response"

as i said in my view this is not a quick fix/simple solution scenario - why are they "desecrating anything remotely anglo"??

i don't profess to know the answer to the problem but i do know that mob violence (from either side) is not the solution - it will only exacerbate and escalate the situation

>>>i DO NOT condone mindless violence.
At the same time these people (Anglo Aussies), are sick to death of having to deal with a problem created by our governments looking only for cheap manual labour, liberally sprinkled with an unhealthy dose of historic guilt complex; ie: 'The White Australia Policy' of the pre-war years. Let's be totally honest here, these people can't even get along with their own brethren in Lebanon.

Where I live it is becoming a monumental problem. What do the authorities do? Sweet F.A. So when push comes to shove, I don't know about you, but I retaliate. And as I say, if the police in my neighbourhood, or the other authorities who could do something to resolve the issue wont then you get anarchy. I didn't start the problem and nor did those residents of Cronulla. If a car load of Lebonese, Greek, Italian, or English for that matter pulled up alongside my sister and threatened to rape her as some sort of Lebo-hip-hop, gangbanger initiation process I'd be by passing all the relevant authorities. Know what I mean?

If I am percieved as being racist, too bad! They should be made to make up their minds where home is. Even one of their own imams has said as much on television last night.

If a group of British Aussies were to do the same thing we'd be shipped home tut-suite.
December 14th, 2005 10:19 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
yer lets get back on track here

when are the freaking Rolling Stones going to hit Oz ?

well i'm with corgi on this one - i think that it is highly unlikely they are going to get here

i don't want to be a "wet blanket" about this but realistically if they were coming at the time that is open to them - April? - you'd expect there to be some news

and, Daeth, given your in the "industry" if you haven't heard any whispers then that would only confirm my thinking

if they were coming then you'd expect the venue(s) would be booked by now given the year is virtually over - it all seems like it would be all too late to get organized by April given they would be doing stadium or arena shows - while a theatre gig would be easier to organize hit's hardly economical for them to come over to do anything like that

as i say don't want to appear to be a drag but that just seems to be the way it's shaping up

hope i'm wrong
December 14th, 2005 10:30 PM
gypsymofo60 Let's hope it's not another 1982, 1990 scenario. Promises,promises, then nothing. Whenever the band do Europe straight after The USA I start thinking we can kiss it goodbye. 12 months ago I said I doubted we'd even get another Stones album. I was wrong. Still I stand by my conviction where a tour is concerned. Don't get yer hopes up.
December 15th, 2005 05:31 AM
RSRTG I understand wot you catz are saying but wot is the procedure here?
The Stones did announce they were coming to Australia at the start of the tour so do they 'un-announce' it if they decide not to come?
Like I've said in previous posts, it would be great to know either way very soon so that I can plan to see them in another country.
The last thing I want to do is pay out some big dollars for an overseas trip to only find out they will tour here after all, but at the same time, I want to secure reasonably good seats if this doesnt happen......someone has got to know something or know somebody with some info regarding with wot is going on. Although I appreciate Melbourne being a city they would like to perform in, surely the tour doesnt hinge on whether they can play at 1 or 2 certain stadiums in 1 city.
With the size of Melbourne and the number of great venues it has, I cant understand wot the hold up is.
I firmly believe if they go to New Zealand they will come here.....I'm just running outta patience! Heeellllp!
December 15th, 2005 06:52 PM
corgi37 The major problem is they are bringing the stadium show. If it was arena, no problem. But as we've discussed, they need to play large venues (ie: Footy stadiums) and the proposed time of the tour coincides with the 1st week or 2 of Aussie Rules/rugby. Venues are just not available. Well, not the prime venues anyway. No doubt they would prefer Telstra or MCG here in Melb, but they probably cant get them. "B" grade venues like Optus Oval and Olympic Park should be no hassle, but i would probably scratch Optus due to EPA concerns over volume.

But, as time runs away, i am getting concerned. Even if they simply made a statement saying "We are coming, but we have to iron out a few things. Stay tuned" - that would alleviate my worries. But to have no word at all is having me shaking in my boots.

And of course, there is the U2 monster.

I hate them so much. I really do.
December 16th, 2005 02:10 AM
RSRTG If nothing is announced before January 1st, I will be left with no option but to travel.
Yeah, i wish they would say something either confirming or denying.
December 18th, 2005 08:11 AM
corgi37 Todays paper had a small piece about whats happening. Dainty had his Christmas party on Friday. He's still trying to organise venues. Latest idea is to stage a Melbourne show at Flemington Racecourse.

If so, just goes to show how desperate things are.
December 18th, 2005 06:53 PM
Daethgod just saw this over at undercover :

Stones Free Gig

by Paul Cashmere

December 15 2005

The Stones will play a free gig in Brazil on February 18th.

As part of the South American leg of the ‘A Bigger Bang’ tour, the Rolling Stones will perform for free at Copacabana Beach.

A crew of 1,500 will put the show together out the front of the Copacabana Palace Hotel.

The show will be the full performance and most likely be filmed for a live DVD.

The staging will include the band’s now famous ‘B’ stage which extends 55 meters into the audience and sixteen sound and image towers with high definition screens.

Following South America, the Stones ‘A Bigger Bang’ tour will head to Japan and arrive in Australia in April.

http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2005/dec05/20051215_rollingstones.html

December 19th, 2005 05:41 AM
RSRTG I hope this info is correct! I hope with all my heart.
December 19th, 2005 06:34 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Todays paper had a small piece about whats happening. Dainty had his Christmas party on Friday. He's still trying to organise venues. Latest idea is to stage a Melbourne show at Flemington Racecourse.

If so, just goes to show how desperate things are.

shades of altamont

RSRTG book those plane tickets

try to avoid flight 505

(help the bombadier)
December 19th, 2005 11:46 PM
corgi37 I think i'll just watch the dvd and spend my money on a holiday instead.
December 20th, 2005 04:37 AM
RSRTG I dont know wot to do......perhaps my obsession with the Stones and wanting to see them at 'all costs' is unrealistic.
I'm thinking about buying one of those 'tour packages' from RS.COM and talking my cousin into travelling with me to the U.K. and making him buy one... BUT....I know as soon as I do this, they will probably announce a tour to Oz.
I'm not loaded wiv cash either so it's an impotant decision I have to make very soon.
Does anyone know how long these 'tour packages' are available for at rs.com? They guarentee seating within the first 10 rows of the stage.
When I went to Wembley #2 in 99 I was miles away from the stage and definately wouldnt want that again, even tho it was one of the most brilliant experiences I've ever had.
December 20th, 2005 04:40 PM
exile
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
well i'm with corgi on this one - i think that it is highly unlikely they are going to get here

i don't want to be a "wet blanket" about this but realistically if they were coming at the time that is open to them - April? - you'd expect there to be some news
hope i'm wrong

Keep the faith SIA (exile wrings out SIA's wet blanket)
Last time tickets did not go on sale till december and concert was in Feb.
I am SURE they will be here. I dont know why but i am.
I think maybe early Jan there will be an nnouncement and Tickets may go on sale Jan or Feb. Nothing before christmas though, no one has any cash.

The STONES will be in Australia in 2006. keep the faith. ;-)
December 20th, 2005 04:44 PM
exile
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
The major problem is they are bringing the stadium show. If it was arena, no problem. But as we've discussed, they need to play large venues

Gday Corgs...how do you know they will bring stadium show. they did not last time. it was arena.

they will be here...please remember to text alert aussie mates Im away from my computer a bit this month and next.
December 20th, 2005 10:40 PM
jb Australia has been remaned U2...........they love this band with every fiber of their soul........Stones are a laughing joke!!!!
December 20th, 2005 11:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Australia has been remaned U2...........they love this band with every fiber of their soul........Stones are a laughing joke!!!!

U2 tribute bands will soon pop up all over Australia in towns that were once Stones towns (see Melbourne, Sydney)
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)