ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Help Kath51 Return to archive Page: 1 2
14th December 2006 07:30 PM
pdog There's a time with sick people, you just got to let them go... I love animals, but they ain't people...
I'm sorry... This money would be best served helping the family of a sick child, not a dog or any pet.
15th December 2006 12:10 AM
glencar
quote:
Martha wrote:

Indeed! I am very lonely. It is just like the last five years have been for me. It gets lonelier each year, but I hope that will change for the better.....if I can live that long! lol

I have zero money....not a penny to spend this holiday. We took a 25-30K hit this year with my husband's job loss then move to CO that we had to pay all the expenses for.

I just try to keep myself from going completely down this time of year. I listen to music the moment I get up until I go to sleep each night. I'd not make it through without music, that I know for certain.

I will send Kath prayers....that's all I can do and I hope things get better for her.

I wish everyone peace.

love,
Martha

Put up colored Christmas lights. You need to keep yourself cheered up. The winter can bring us down. Yes, even I suffer a bit from SAD.
15th December 2006 12:19 AM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Put up colored Christmas lights. You need to keep yourself cheered up. The winter can bring us down. Yes, even I suffer a bit from SAD.

15th December 2006 12:26 AM
glencar You are frisky tonight! But now, I have to go...
15th December 2006 05:58 AM
jostorm 1) Either send Kath some money if you want to and if you sympathise with her situation, or don't! But there's no need to start a big discussion about it! And may I remind you all that SHE never asked for anything???...

2) Martha, may I wish you a lovely Christmas??? Hope next year brings better Karma for you and your husband, money is just money, but at least you have one another!!!...Positive thoughts your way...

3) Joe from Fiji: IF you are serious about your goldfish: once fish get to this point, there is usually no positive outcome (swimbladder blabla, I won't bore you...). If it gets to the point where you can't watch it anymore and you wish to euthanise it, then putting it into a glass of water into which you have dissolved two Alka Seltzer tablets first, is the most humane and painfree solution.You can tell it's dead when the gill-movements stop. Do not flush down toilet alive, it's a bit of a cruel fairground ride....And watch your daughter feeds the fish very little food only, it's the overfeeding that makes the water biochemistry tip and that makes fish ill....

PS: and before anyone asks: NO, the Alka Seltzer method does not work on your Mother-in-law....

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !!!

end of transmission
[Edited by jostorm]
15th December 2006 06:10 AM
lotsajizz I agree with pdog....it is obscene the amount of time, money, and energy that people spend on animals rather than each other....
15th December 2006 11:15 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jostorm wrote:
3) Joe from Fiji: IF you are serious about your goldfish: once fish get to this point, there is usually no positive outcome (swimbladder blabla, I won't bore you...). If it gets to the point where you can't watch it anymore and you wish to euthanise it, then putting it into a glass of water into which you have dissolved two Alka Seltzer tablets first, is the most humane and painfree solution.You can tell it's dead when the gill-movements stop.

Do not flush down toilet alive, it's a bit of a cruel fairground ride....

I did not flush it...I did what my parents used to do with my pets when I was a kid...I drove out to the country and kicked it out of the car
15th December 2006 11:16 AM
Joey " I did not flush it...I did what my parents used to do with my pets when I was a kid...I drove out to the country and kicked it out of the car"

< ---- Oh , Lil' Fiji ....... Little Fiji !

|
|
V

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

15th December 2006 12:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot I disagree Jo. We should talk about stuff like this. It helps us sort out board etiquette, if there is such a thing.

It brings up a good question...is something like this proper or warranted to bring to the board community? Judging from most of the responses in this thread...I'd say that is a resounding no. Hopefully, the next time that there is a situation like this, it will nip it in the bud. It also seems that if human beings are involved, the good folks who populate this place seem willing to help. That's good info for everyone to know too.

I had a hunch that kath had nothing to do with the request. She's been around here long enough to get a feel for where she's coming from. She does not seem the type to ask for charity. Kath is a good egg. I will say this...if the request had been because of a human family member's medical crisis...I would have gladly given some money. I just can't do it for a dog...it doesn't seem right or proper.
15th December 2006 01:40 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Martha wrote:

Indeed! I am very lonely. It is just like the last five years have been for me. It gets lonelier each year, but I hope that will change for the better.....if I can live that long! lol

I have zero money....not a penny to spend this holiday. We took a 25-30K hit this year with my husband's job loss then move to CO that we had to pay all the expenses for.

I just try to keep myself from going completely down this time of year. I listen to music the moment I get up until I go to sleep each night. I'd not make it through without music, that I know for certain.

I will send Kath prayers....that's all I can do and I hope things get better for her.

I wish everyone peace.

love,
Martha

I understand the loneliness.
It's a difficult time of year to keep oneself upbeat, especially when many of those around us are too busy to notice that this is when WE need them the most.
It's human nature and the Holidays.
WE are overdue for a long chat, dear friend.

LJ.
16th December 2006 01:07 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:

Hey glencar! Thanks! I am working at that. ;-) I did put up lights ( we have no room to put up a tree though) and I listen to Christmas music all day and night.....it's the people I miss....you know spending time together having fun. I get terribly lonesome for that interchange. I don't have SAD. I do though suffer from severe depression and an anxiety disorder.

Stress sucks!

Please Santa.....do NOT bring me more stress this year. I've been extra good!

;-)

I wish you peace,
MM

16th December 2006 01:12 PM
Martha
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I understand the loneliness.
It's a difficult time of year to keep oneself upbeat, especially when many of those around us are too busy to notice that this is when WE need them the most.
It's human nature and the Holidays.
WE are overdue for a long chat, dear friend.

LJ.

I'm sorry you understand the loneliness, I wouldn't wish that on anyone...it can becaome chronically debilitating if it continues for years and for me that's been the case.

Yes we areVERy overdue to chat! I miss you too!!!!! I'm home all weekend, Chris is working 10 hours today and 8 tomorrow. I was gone all day yesterday...sorry I missed your call then.

I LOVE you sister!

MM

16th December 2006 01:14 PM
Martha
quote:
jostorm wrote:

2) Martha, may I wish you a lovely Christmas??? Hope next year brings better Karma for you and your husband, money is just money, but at least you have one another!!!...Positive thoughts your way...

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !!!

end of transmission
[Edited by jostorm]

Why THANK YOU for the kind words jostorm. It's people like you who make a difference at a time like this. I greatly appreciate reading your caring thoughts. May you be blessed!

with love,
Martha
16th December 2006 01:26 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey Martha...

My friend Bob Dylan called. He says you rock, and that he loves you. He said that he couldn't go on without your continued support.

And then Jackie boy called. He said that when you smile, you very well may be the sexiest woman in the known universe.

Then I called and said that I agreed with everything that those guys said.

Love ya babe. Happy Holidays.
16th December 2006 03:29 PM
steel driving hammer Stones Dogs Rule!

17th December 2006 09:45 AM
Martha
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Hey Martha...

My friend Bob Dylan called. He says you rock, and that he loves you. He said that he couldn't go on without your continued support.

And then Jackie boy called. He said that when you smile, you very well may be the sexiest woman in the known universe.

Then I called and said that I agreed with everything that those guys said.

Love ya babe. Happy Holidays.

YOU make me laugh OUT LOUD with GLEE!!!!!!!! Sir SantaClaus I LOVE you!!!!!

Makin' my day one post at a time!

xxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooo,
Maaaaaaaaartha!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)