ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Help Kath51 Return to archive Page: 1 2
13th December 2006 08:47 AM
TampabayStone I got this e-mail this morning and I know Kath is a RO poster as well as Shidoobee. I thought I should post it here.

This is a message from the Shidoobee with Stonesdoug community
administrator:

The following is from GAFF

"Dear Shidoobees,

As the Holiday Season approaches, I am reminded that there are some
less fortunate than I who are hitting a rough patch in their lives.
One such person is our own Kath51.

As member of our little Stones community since April 2001, and with
over 10,000 posts, I think it's fair to say Kath has contributed alot
to Shidoobee and has had many right-on things to share with us. Now
she needs our help.

Kath's little puppy, Mugsy, has taken ill and has been requiring quite
a bit of very expensive veterinarian care. The costs have become so
onerous that Kath has found it necessary to sell her treasured library
of Stones books on our Give Me All Your Money forum. She has not asked
for handouts, and I admire her for that. But my idea is this: If we
can each find it in our hearts to contribute a few bucks to Kath for
Mugsy's care, she may be able to make it through this Holiday Season
without having to hock more of her precious belongings. It's a tough
time to be strapped for cash, so I would ask those of you who can
spare a few bucks to please contribute to the noble cause of helping
out a fellow Stones fan, Shidoobee, and human being. Let's put
peripheral issues or opinions aside and show Kath how much love we
have for one another. Thanks, and God bless each of you!

GAFF"

Donations can be made to Kath's PayPal account:
[email protected]
13th December 2006 09:03 AM
Gazza thats too bad. Thanks for posting it here. Hopefully we can help kath out
13th December 2006 10:04 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Does she have a PayPal account? Please post it
13th December 2006 10:06 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl On a lighter side it was relatively good news when I realized it was her puppy and not she or a relative, I freaked when reading the first words of the message above, but feel better later.
13th December 2006 10:07 AM
Gazza Going by the above post, you can use the e-mail given. If its registered with Paypal, that will suffice.
13th December 2006 10:11 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Going by the above post, you can use the e-mail given. If its registered with Paypal, that will suffice.

OUCH! LOL
13th December 2006 01:26 PM
johnnybmoto That e-mail is here pay-pal account
13th December 2006 04:37 PM
TampabayStone UPDATE:

This is a message from the Shidoobee with Stonesdoug community
administrator:

"Kath has just let GAFF know that all of your love and generosity has
met her vet needs for Mugsy and that further gifts and contributions
are not necessary. Thank you all again for rising to the occasion and
helping out a member of the Shidoobee family! Gold rings on all of
you!

GAFF"
13th December 2006 07:26 PM
violentkind BEWARE jonnybmoto is a THIEF!!!!!
13th December 2006 07:44 PM
Sir Stonesalot Wait...we're supposed to give kath money because her DOG is sick???

Seriously?

That's it?

I just spent $240.00 to find out that my dog doesn't have a thyroid problem(now they aren't sure what is wrong with him.) And I just spent $300.00 on the other one to have his stomach stapled to his ribs. It seems that the Boxer has a problem with it's intestines wrapping around the stomach and killing it. So you gotta get the stomach stapled to the rib cage. Seriously. In the last two months I spent $540.00 on my animals. I mean, that took a big bite outta my holiday savings. Is someone gonna start a charity drive for me?

I don't mean to make light of kath's situation. I'm sure she's a very nice person who obviously loves her doggie. But c'mon. It might be different if it was a husband or a kid or some family member. But this has to be one of the craziest things I've heard on this board in....5 or 6 days!

And that's saying something.

13th December 2006 08:12 PM
Fiji Joe My goldfish is floating sideways...I figure it's going to cost about $20 to get her floating upright again...I'm ebaying some of my baseball cards to help meet the cost...which is all and good, however, with the delay in Paypal transfer, I fear Puddin' is destined to meet her fate at the porcelain alter...

I am not asking for donations...I would, however, like to ask that anyone who feels an inclination to assist me with my goldfish rescue kindly redirect any contributions to Kath or, belatedly, send them to SS...the thought of a child not getting a bike or a playstation for Christmas because some dog was lacking the proper etiquette whilst woofing down its kibbles saddens me

And remember these plights the next time the dog stem cell research is on the ballot...your ignorance could be costng lives

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
13th December 2006 09:29 PM
chevysales
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Wait...we're supposed to give kath money because her DOG is sick???

Seriously?

That's it?

I just spent $240.00 to find out that my dog doesn't have a thyroid problem(now they aren't sure what is wrong with him.) And I just spent $300.00 on the other one to have his stomach stapled to his ribs. It seems that the Boxer has a problem with it's intestines wrapping around the stomach and killing it. So you gotta get the stomach stapled to the rib cage. Seriously. In the last two months I spent $540.00 on my animals. I mean, that took a big bite outta my holiday savings. Is someone gonna start a charity drive for me?

I don't mean to make light of kath's situation. I'm sure she's a very nice person who obviously loves her doggie. But c'mon. It might be different if it was a husband or a kid or some family member. But this has to be one of the craziest things I've heard on this board in....5 or 6 days!

And that's saying something.

i am glad you said that... i got the email this morning too and am pissed that stonesdoug/admin of that board would give out everyones email addy for a members pet. not much clas in that... then again skippy's list years back spammed for bootleg sales.
i know kath51 posts here and seems like good people but damn.

my daughters cat dies last year after 17 years and while i understand the attachment one gets as they become part of the family no fucking way do i ask for money... or allow someone else to because i have to "sell off stones memoribilia... life is like that some times.

and i would post this on shidoobee if i could find a post related to this but navigation there leaves me lost.
they can send me email asking for money but you can't participate in the trees there without paying for there ezboard. WTF

[Edited by chevysales]
13th December 2006 09:33 PM
mojoman
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
My goldfish is floating sideways...I figure it's going to cost about $20 to get her floating upright again...I'm ebaying some of my baseball cards to help meet the cost...which is all and good, however, with the delay in Paypal transfer, I fear Puddin' is destined to meet her fate at the porcelain alter...

I am not asking for donations...I would, however, like to ask that anyone who feels an inclination to assist me with my goldfish rescue kindly redirect any contributions to Kath or, belatedly, send them to SS...the thought of a child not getting a bike or a playstation for Christmas because some dog was lacking the proper etiquette whilst woofing down its kibbles saddens me

And remember these plights the next time the dog stem cell research is on the ballot...your ignorance could be costng lives

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

cue dead parrot sketch
13th December 2006 10:07 PM
Sir Stonesalot This is an EX parrot...

13th December 2006 10:13 PM
Fiji Joe To be honest...I feel for Kath...I do...but the thought of raising money to save a dying pet is very odd to me...hard to fathom when there are people here with human type problems...maslow's pyramid turned upside down...That being said, to each his own...I hope the dog lives
14th December 2006 01:09 AM
glencar I refuse to do Paypal. Pain in my ass. I also really am not a dog person. I'm glad all worked out for "51" & I'd definitely have contributed as (even though I'm not a dog person) I understand that these things matter to some. I firmly believe that anyone who purchased her books should return them. Just saying...
14th December 2006 07:41 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
....months I spent $540.00 on my animals. I mean, that took a big bite outta my holiday savings. Is someone gonna start a charity drive for me?

Sure. I'll start one. I mean I can't donate any money but just make a couple of suggestions on how you would like to proceed.

Well ... I hope Kath51's dog turns out OK.
14th December 2006 08:42 AM
Sir Stonesalot I was being sarcastic TTM. I don't want or need charity.

I just reread my post up above and I sorta came off as a hard ass. I didn't mean it that way really. I hope everything works out for kath and her pooch. I just don't think that her situation warranted a mass email. I mean, we all have annoying problems, you know? Life happens sometimes, and we all gotta deal with it.

If we are gonna start sending out mass emails every time someone's pet gets sick...jeez, that's all we're gonna get done reading.

Maybe GAFF or whatever his name is just got caught up in Xmas spirit or something. I dunno. It just seems a little crazy to me.
14th December 2006 09:44 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I was being sarcastic TTM. I don't want or need charity.

Well... I was just kiddin'.....I don't like to take charity either....but I would take a donation towards the office Christmas party I'm planning. Of course I'll be the only one in attendance but we could still go through an awful lot of beer.

14th December 2006 09:46 AM
glencar Lonely Christmas This Year?
14th December 2006 10:12 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Lonely Christmas This Year?

Lonely??? Hell no.

Now, every morning just before breakfast
I don't want no coffee or tea
Just me and my good Buddy Wiser
That's all I ever need

'Cause I drink alone, yeah with nobody else...

Yeah, the other night I lay sleepin'
And I woke from a terrible dream
So I called up my pal Jack Daniels
And his partner Jimmy Beam

And we drank alone, yeah with nobody else

Yeah, the other day I got invited to a party
But I stayed home instead
Just me and my pal Johnny Walker
And his brothers, Black and Red

And we drank alone, yeah...

Yeah, my whole family done give up on me
And it makes me feel oh so bad
The only one who'll hang out with me
Is my dear Old Granddad

And we drink alone, yeah...

Yeah, you know when I drink alone
I prefer to be by myself

I drink alone
14th December 2006 10:29 AM
WJ http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/en_information_aa.cfm
14th December 2006 10:36 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
WJ wrote:
http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/en_information_aa.cfm

Oh no, you've got it all wrong. I'm not an alcoholic...I only drink beer.
14th December 2006 11:31 AM
oldkr nobody's email was revealed to anyone else on the shidoobee emailing. I thought the whole thing was dumb- I'm all for charity, but it only goes so far...

OLDKR
14th December 2006 11:36 AM
glencar Funny all around!
14th December 2006 01:26 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
I also really am not a dog person.

glencar?

14th December 2006 01:28 PM
glencar Cats niether. I prefer people. Are you making the next RO summit? I'm hoping all that bad stuff is in your past. You're still one of the more interesting posters despite your company of late.
14th December 2006 01:37 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Cats niether. I prefer people. Are you making the next RO summit? I'm hoping all that bad stuff is in your past. You're still one of the more interesting posters despite your company of late.

14th December 2006 03:51 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Lonely Christmas This Year?

Indeed! I am very lonely. It is just like the last five years have been for me. It gets lonelier each year, but I hope that will change for the better.....if I can live that long! lol

I have zero money....not a penny to spend this holiday. We took a 25-30K hit this year with my husband's job loss then move to CO that we had to pay all the expenses for.

I just try to keep myself from going completely down this time of year. I listen to music the moment I get up until I go to sleep each night. I'd not make it through without music, that I know for certain.

I will send Kath prayers....that's all I can do and I hope things get better for her.

I wish everyone peace.

love,
Martha
14th December 2006 07:22 PM
chevysales
quote:
oldkr wrote:
nobody's email was revealed to anyone else on the shidoobee emailing. I thought the whole thing was dumb- I'm all for charity, but it only goes so far...

OLDKR

thank you oldkr... a voice of reason you are.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)