ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Our boy Ronnie is busy! - Last night... Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-17-03 04:03 PM
Moonisup YES Erik, there where more pre-show beatle songs I Think
12-17-03 04:08 PM
glencar Is there a list of pre-show songs? I quite liked that Johnny Cash version of "One."
12-17-03 04:53 PM
erikjjf Plenty of great songs were played before opening acts as well, but here's the set played just before the Stones came on (at European arena and stadium shows, I should add):

Johnny Cash � One
Jimi Hendrix � Crosstown Traffic
Van Morrison � And It Stoned Me
The Beatles � Helter Skelter
Stevie Wonder � Pastime Paradise
Sly And The Family Stone � I Wanna Take You Higher
Kenny Rogers & The First Edition � What Condition My Condition Was In
Led Zeppelin � Hey What Can I Do
Shuggie Otis � Strawberry Letter 23
The Black Crowes � Remedy
Marcia Griffiths � Don�t Let Me Down
The White Stripes � Seven-Nation Army

/Erik

[Edited by erikjjf]
[Edited by erikjjf]
12-17-03 05:05 PM
glencar Thanks for the list. This may be a bit MizzU-ish but I think I'm gonna make a mix tape of those songs.
12-18-03 01:26 AM
FPM C10 Looks like they made a new mix tape for Europe. I don't remember any of those songs - seems to me they played great old blues stuff pre-show in America. I do remember that they played Toots and the Maytals' "Monkey Man" immediately after the show, and it was a nice cooling-down tune.

Hey - anybody know what guitar Ronnie's playing in these pics? Looks sorta like a Les Paul Jr. but I don't recall ever seeing him play it before...maybe it's a loaner from the Stereophonics?
12-18-03 01:33 AM
erikjjf The "blues tape" used in America was played at club shows in Europe.
You're right about Toots & The Maytals. Outro music in the arenas was "Monkey Man" and firework music at the stadium shows was "Got To Be There". On some boots these last ones can be heard. Such as Oakland, PacBell2, Anaheim.
Page: 1 2