ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Our boy Ronnie is busy! - Last night... Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-17-03 04:15 AM
FotiniD He was a guest at the Stereophonics gig last night at Earls Court! Lucky cats in London!

12-17-03 04:26 AM
Jumacfly Great!! stereo's are nice...which song did they perform??
Anyone??
12-17-03 06:11 AM
Pattie
Ronnie is sooo cool!
12-17-03 06:48 AM
Jumacfly Ronnie Wooles!!
12-17-03 07:47 AM
FotiniD From Stereophonics.com:

--------------

Ronnie Wood joins the Phonics on stage!!

Rock legend Ronnie Wood made a surprise appearance when he joined the band for an impromptu performance on stage last night (16th Dec). He performed 3 tracks including Handbags and Gladrags at the Earls Court gig much to the delight of the band and the fans!

--------------

Oh, do I love Handbags and Gladrags! And the Stereophonics' cover is just wonderful! Now enter Ronnie!!! God! Must have been heaven last night.
12-17-03 08:39 AM
Stonesdoug 'Handbags And Gladrags', 'Step On My Old Size Nines' and 'Don't Let Me Down'
12-17-03 10:50 AM
glencar I thought the singer from Stereophonics sucked?
12-17-03 10:52 AM
jb This is a bad sign for any future Stones tours.
12-17-03 10:53 AM
glencar Maybe Kelly Jones can sub for Mick...
12-17-03 10:58 AM
erikjjf >This is a bad sign for any future Stones tours.

I wouldn't worry. It's just for a laugh and to keep himself busy.

/Erik
12-17-03 11:04 AM
jb Is that you erikf?
12-17-03 11:05 AM
erikjjf Of course it's me!
12-17-03 11:09 AM
jb Nice to see you over here.
12-17-03 11:19 AM
Joey erikjjf ?!?!

ERIKJJF ?!?!

Welcome my Stonesian Brother ..............................

Jacky !
12-17-03 11:23 AM
glencar Joey, people were asking about you on another board. I told them that you had a unique talent w/smilies.
12-17-03 11:25 AM
jb me too...I told them I couldn't get you over 'there"...
12-17-03 11:42 AM
moy

12-17-03 11:54 AM
glencar I betcha better music was played in the picture on the left.
12-17-03 12:18 PM
T&A I love the singer in this band - very RodtheMod-like. He sings a great Angie, too...
12-17-03 12:42 PM
Martha Go Ronnie....Go Ronnie....GO!!!!!!

Yeehaw!!!!!

I love that Ronnie is out and about having a good time! Makes my day!!!!

I've been missing everyone. I've been sick (not with the killer flu) thank goodness, just a sinus infection/head cold. Ugh.

No one's been arguing since I've been away.... have they?????? lol

It's good to be back! It's good to be anywhere!

What is up for Keef's 60th tomorrow around here????

Joey...WTF???? is up with that new avatar??????? I want my leafman back!!!!!

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaartha!
12-17-03 12:43 PM
glencar What do you mean? I still see the leafman.
12-17-03 01:19 PM
Angiegirl Kelly is a hunk, it was one of the most enjoyable openers I've ever seen at a Stones show (Bercy and Stade de France in Paris in July). He must cut his hair some though .
O, and Ronnie's nice too...
12-17-03 01:30 PM
erikjjf Kelly is the guy singing with Ronnie on "Whaddya Think" off of Not For Beginners.
12-17-03 01:55 PM
MarthaMyDear I can only imagine how great Ronnie must be in the sack.

DEVELOPING.............................................................................................

Keithfucious say: Don't think too hard 'cause the first thought that pops into your head is PROBABLY right... HEY!!! That's pretty good!!! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.................. :P Ooo!!! Ahh!!! Thank you, Master Keithfucious!!! lol.................. :P

JACKY MARTLING (or whatever the frick his name is)!!! lol.................. :P ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!! :P

P.S. (Martha, I will PM you my cell and home phone numbers tonight, ok.?!?!?! I'm at work (and goofing-off!!! HE!!! HE!!! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.................. :P ) and I'm just behind on everything and, oh, I've just been a flake on alot of things lately... lol.................. :P But, I promise that I'll PM you tonight when I get home, ok.?!?!?! Take care, ok.?!?!?! PEACE!!! )
12-17-03 01:58 PM
Pattie
hahaha naughty Martha My Dear! imagining Ronnie in the sack.

He is gorgeous! I loooove him too.
12-17-03 02:43 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Yecch. As far as the 'phonics go, I'm not a fan. Hopefully Ronnie woke 'em the fuck up.

Kelley Jones absolutely *butchered* "Substitute" when he played it with the Who. He should be brought before the war crimes tribunal for even daring to open his whiny mouth on that song. Their version of "Don't Let Me Down" is pretty listless, with none of the fire Lennon gave it.

The band itself sounds OK, so I guess Ronnie could've pitched in there... but uggh. The vocals... he can't do anything except whine a quarter-beat behind the actual rhythm of the song.

-tSYX --- Whhhyyyyelll, Ah'm a substitute faahhhr another guy...
12-17-03 03:57 PM
Moonisup
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Their version of "Don't Let Me Down" is pretty listless, with none of the fire Lennon gave it.

-tSYX --- Whhhyyyyelll, Ah'm a substitute faahhhr another guy...

their version of Don't let me down doesn't stink, that whole song stinks
12-17-03 03:59 PM
Pattie
I like that song!!
12-17-03 04:01 PM
erikjjf A Marcia Griffiths cover version of "Don't Let Me Down" was part of the pre-show music on the Licks tour.
More of my need-not-know facts!
12-17-03 04:03 PM
glencar But interesting nonetheless!

Page: 1 2