ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Another kind of spam Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-16-03 02:55 AM
MarthaMyDear
12-16-03 06:55 PM
KeithRichards210 Oh Lord....Spamola The Shit Disturber herself, advising the moderators here how to avoid spam. What a crock of shit.
12-16-03 07:19 PM
Gazza > i understand this is a very "tightly- knit" group!

some people might be "tightly knit" with each other. That doesnt mean the admins are. We could care less about cliques. We've even been obliged to ban certain posters over the 5 years we've had this board and recently too who may have felt they were "tightly knit" with us to the extent where they completely abused our trust and ripped the arse out of things. Some temporarily, some indefinitely.

Theres hundreds of people who post here. Do you think we have the time or energy to monitor whose tightly knit with each other and who isnt. People choose who they feel "tight" with by themselves. Its their call. Its a broad circle of people. Some are fine, some act like jerks. Some are in both categories. How that applies to each individual poster is your own perspective.

>so, why do you allow "outsiders" to join??

Everyone who joins is an "outsider" to begin with. If they werent, there would only be three people on this board.

You're getting the wrong idea about this whole "joining" thing. Its not a club or a membership or selective crowd or any of that shit. Anyone can post here once theyre registered. Obviously not having been here when this board started and when we had the "Goin Home" board which preceded this place back in '98-'99, you'll not be familiar with the amount of really BAD spam we used to have and the amount of hassle we had to control it. I'm talking about people who would just post gibberish and abusive crap maybe 20-50 times a day (some of you who've been around long enough may know who we mean..) We moved the site a few times until we got this novogate site where we ended up paying for a site(the previous sites were free) which provided us with a facility to block certain users, amongst other things.

before we started this board, every Rolling Stones board on the internet had been reduced to a spam wasteland. No exceptions. in fact the reason this place started to begin with was because the official BTB site had become so flooded with unchecked spam that it was unreadable.

THAT is the only reason why people have to register to post here. its impossible to keep it perfect, but its the only logical option we have.
12-16-03 08:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I also deleted my message and your reply (also Boomy's as it doesn't make sense anymore). Feel free to stay or leave, you're welcome.

Sincerely
12-16-03 08:51 PM
Boomy Voodoo:

12-16-03 08:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL Boomy I'm howlin' out loud
12-16-03 09:02 PM
KeithRichards210 My apologies to youse moderators too. I know running one of these sites can be a royal pain in the ass, to say the least. It's just that certain recent..ahem, situations were brought to the surface loud and clear here. I'll ignore the bullshit as best I can and start my own variety of bullshit instead.
12-16-03 09:07 PM
Boomy Sorry to go off topic here, but:

KR210, WTF is Scott Weiland doing?!? That boy, sneakin' shit into rehab??!!

VR may not even get their record out!
12-16-03 09:14 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
Boomy wrote:
Sorry to go off topic here, but:

KR210, WTF is Scott Weiland doing?!? That boy, sneakin' shit into rehab??!!

VR may not even get their record out!

I know!!! I love the man's music, he's talented as hell. But I've seen gnat's assholes that had more common sense. Frustrating, isn't it?
12-16-03 09:23 PM
Boomy Yes, yes it is.

And it's quite freightening. It's like, he's supposed to be dead, but he's gotten chance, after chance, etc., and he's not seizing the opportunity. He keeps throwing himself back in the gutter.

He needs to look in the mirror and think about others (like his daughter) and say "Is a hit worth it?".
12-16-03 11:11 PM
glencar Sometimes the monkey gets you...
Page: 1 2