ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Licks Loosers Awards... Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-12-03 10:21 AM
jb That'a a great picture of Rik and Gazza.
12-12-03 05:25 PM
Joey

Josh , I would like to nuzzle you .
12-12-03 05:27 PM
glencar Martha, VL is "Voodoo Lounge" one of the Rolling Stones late period releases. While not as good as the succeeding "Bridges To Babylon" VL had some good songs.

12-13-03 08:45 AM
MarthaMyDear Oh, Christ!!! lol.......... The abbreviation just didn't
register with me!!! lol........... Rose Bowl lost car parking
lot freak-out... I remember now!!! HE!!! HE!!! lol...... Thank
you for the brains up!!! lol..... Right on... Take care!!!
lol........

*** Martha ***
12-13-03 06:00 PM
Gazza >That'a a great picture of Rik and Gazza.

Its not me. Its three crazy Dutch geezers taken at Sticky Fingers. Wicky (at the back) and Rik(Moonisup) and Mark (StrangeStrayCat)in front
12-13-03 10:33 PM
Mr T worst song of the tour:
SATISFACTION
worst guitar solo:
the Ron Wood ones
worst piano player:
Mick on Worried About You
worst duet:
haven't heard too many of them, but I wouldn't go out of my way to hear Bono or Timberlake
worst "worst" questions:
the last 3

(the worst show might've been a valid question if I had seen much more of them)
12-14-03 03:05 AM
littleredrooster 1/ worst song of the tour
2/ worst guitar solo
3/ worst piano player..hum, an easy one
4/ worst duet
5/ worst crowd
6/ worst show
7/ worst tour tee shirt

1/ LOVE Train (by a landslide)
2/ YCAGWYW
3/ Chucky's CHEESE
4/ Bono at Aragon sucked, when he came out on stage with those shades I thought that he was one of the 'Blues Brothers' from Chicago!
5/ The Joint, Las Vegas (public show)
The crowd at Amsterdam Aug 19 was GREAT, all the singing drowned out the Stones playing!
6/ The Joint, Las Vegas (public show)
(I'm only judging the shows that I attended) Disappointing Arena setlist!
7/ Aussie Tour Shirt, (GREEN and YELLOW)
The Vredenburg shirt was a unique tribute to the 'Dutch Masters'....C'mon you Nationals lighten up!!

JB....did you even hear Heartbreaker or Hand Of Fate LIVE???? Noooooooooo!
[Edited by littleredrooster]
12-14-03 05:06 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
The Vredenburg shirt was a unique tribute to the 'Dutch Masters'....C'mon you Nationals lighten up!!

Yeah, unique but still ugly.
12-15-03 04:37 AM
KurtWaldheim I can't believe "Worried About You" made anybody's list of worst songs. To me it was worth the price of Four Flicks just to get that song. Generally Mick's falsetto singing drives me from the room, but it works on that song. And in my opinion the lyrics are some of Mick's best. And Charlie's disco-ish drumming on some parts of the song is incredible, very different from the album version. He is indeed the man behind the band.

I can understand why Mick's piano playing on that song made the list of worst piano playing. But his playing worked well from a theatrical point of view. I am sure it worked much better live than on video. The cameras should not have shoot from an angle where we could see his hands on the keys. If they had shoot from a better angle we, like the live audience, wouldn't be able to tell who was playing what, Chuck or Mick. Let's face it, no one goes to a Stones show to hear paino virtuosity from Sir Mick - it's about looking good on stage, as well as making great rock and roll. If it is virtuosity you want go to a Horowitz concert, except the buggers dead now.

(To be correct, there hasn't been any piano playing at a Stones concert since ca. 1982. There has been lots and lots of keyboard playing but unfortunately no piano playing. Seeing Stu tickle the ivorys of a white concert grand during Honky Tonk Women was a feast for the eyes and ears. But alas......sigh.... I guess it's keyboards and Chuck from now on out).

It would be nice to hear from the quitar experts on here on what is wrong with Ronnie these days. Well actually it might be more informative to hear from a psychology expert. The guy can play exceptionally well when he wants to. Witness the bootleg from Knebworth in 76 or 77 or whenever that was. He is laying down blues licks on "Red Rooster" and "Wild Horses" that would make Mick Taylor cry. Or witness the "speed" solo on "Can't Get What You Want" on Love You Live, proving that he can play many styles equally well. But these days it seems like when it comes time for his solo he is not sure what key the song is in. Or else he makes such a show of playing that he forgets when the solo should peek and when it should be winding down or worse yet forgets to play altogher. Sometimes it seems like his body language is saying he feels guilty about being on stage or like he feels its all getting a bit ridiulous. Or maybe that he feels its all been done and in order to make something new of it this time around he plays something "avant gard". Perhaps he needs a good slap in the face from Keith like he got on the 81 tour for not taking his playing seriously enough when on stage.

Instead of asking which duet was worst, it might be better to ask if anyone has heard one that didn't make them wince. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY does Mick insist on inflicting duets on us. When the lads do their pay-for-views any self respecting Stone's fan will avert their eyes when the duet part comes along. Avert their eyes like someone seeing something to horrible to be looked upon.
Page: 1 2