ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Zappa Quotes (nsc) ==> and some Stones related MP3s Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-06-03 12:31 PM
Nasty Habits Hey Voodoo, isn't there a story in the real Frank Zappa book where Frank is living in a cabin in California in the late 60s and Jagger comes over to visit him? As I remember, the floors are made of splintery wood, and as Zappa gets up to answer the door to let in Jagger, he gets a splinter in his foot. He greets Jagger hopping on one foot, and Jagger removes the splinter. They spend about an hour talking about European History.

Also: Zappa was considered at one time as a possible producer for Bob Dylan's Infidels album on which Mick Taylor played . . . so there's a roundabout superconvoluted vague ass connection . . .
12-06-03 05:40 PM
Factory Girl Nasty, check PM.
12-06-03 07:17 PM
shakedhandswithkeith hi zappanatics!

I saw frank since 1980 about 10 time live. I have all his records and I love him miles more then the stones.

If you want to know something private and the truth about his dead, read Moon Unit Zappa`s book "America the Beautiful"

and if you want to know where Frank is spending his time now click the folling link!

FZ is the best!

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Zappa&GSfn=frank&GRid=1141&pt=Frank%20Zappa&
12-06-03 07:19 PM
glencar What a bizarre site!
12-07-03 07:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm going to post a second track of the few musical connections between Zappa and the Stones

Again it's Nicky Hopkins and Zappa with Jeff Beck and Rod Stewart back in 1968 when the Jeff Beck Group with Woody on bass were touring the USA and Zappa was producing and recording for the GTO's (Girls Together Outrageously) the album "Permanent Damage"

One additional comment, I think this was the last recording of the Jeff Beck Group as Nicky Hopkins moved to San Francisco to join the legendary Quicksilver Messenger Service and Woody and Rod joined the Small Faces to replace Steve Marriott

Full credits include
Frank Zappa - Tambourine
Jeff Beck - Guitar
Rod Stewart - Vocals
Nicky Hopkins - Piano, Keyboards
Ian Underwood - Keyboards
Don Preston - Synthesizer
Roy Estrada - Bass
Jimmy Carl Black - Drums
Craig Doerge - Keyboards
Rodney Bingenheimer vocals
The groupies:
Miss Christine - Vocals
Miss Cinderella - Vocals
Miss Mercy - Vocals
Miss Pamela - Vocals
Miss Sandra � Vocals
The guys on the back
Frank Zappa - Composer, Producer
Lowell George - Producer
Sparky (Sparkie Parker) - Composer
David Jones - Composer

Download this and play it loud

Another track

In addition to the music connection in the first track you can see very clearly a reference to Mick Jagger, now at the end of this second track you will hear an explicit and clear reference to Brian Jones LOL those groupies... those groupies

Just in case you missed it, here's the first track again as the original link is now in another page of this thread

Download the first track here

http://rocksoff.org/h3-zappa-nickyhopkins-jeffbeck-rodstewart-etc.mp3
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
12-07-03 07:48 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks for the comments Nasty Habits, I didn't know about that possible producing of Bob Dylan's Infidels
12-07-03 10:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Lennon and Zappa rocking the fillmore east, June 5, 1971

Pic by courtesy of "someone" at the University of Oregon
12-08-03 03:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm gonna switch headers

John Lennon
October 9, 1940 - December 8, 1980
Plastic Ono Mothers at the Fillmore East, June 5, 1971
With Frank Zappa - December 21, 1940 - December 4, 1993
� 1971 Joseph Sia
12-15-03 02:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Is there anybody downloading and playing these music files? Seems strange that with such a bizarre tracks nobody is making any comment about them
Page: 1 2