ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NEW TREE : "ACE OF CLUBS" Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-17-03 05:26 PM
Gazza This will be the final "tree" of 2003 and I think we've saved the best for last...

This 6-CD set consist of superb quality recordings of the following club shows from 2003

Enmore Theatre, Sydney, Australia, 18th February
Olympia, Paris, France, 11th July
Astoria, London, England 27th August

As you will be aware, we distributed Astoria as part of "London Licks Vol.1" some weeks ago. As good a recording as that was, this newly circulated upgraded version may well be the best sounding audience recording of the entire tour. This is the same recording that has been recently described as a "soundboard". It's not, but in many ways it's as good as a soundboard.

The Olympia recording is the same version used on the recently bootlegged Crystal Cat recording and the Enmore version is also a significant upgrade on what was previously available. Olympia and Enmore have not previously been treed on this site, so this now means that we have offered every club show on the tour as part of a tree (with the exception of the one in Las Vegas, which didn't have a club show 'setlist')

If you haven't signed up for a tree on this site before, this is the place to start. These are really terrific recordings and we know you won't be disappointed.

You can sign up for this tree from now until midnight UK time on Sunday 23rd November(thats 7 pm ET in the US)

If you wish to sign up for this 'tree' ,please do NOT do so by replying below this post - the ONLY method is to send an e-mail to [email protected] before the closing date for sign ups. You must be a "Rocks Off" registered user to participate.

Please enclose with your e-mail :

1. your Rocks off screen name
2. your e-mail address for any correspondence
3. country of residence (please also add your STATE if you live in the USA)
4. Whether you wish to be a branch or a leaf. If you wish to be a branch,please state how many leaves you would be willing to make copies for.

You will get an e-mail from me acknowledging your registration within 24 hours of you signing up - 48 hours at the very most.

After the deadline,I will send an e-mail of the tree structure to everyone who has signed up .

By signing up for this tree, you are doing so on the strict understanding that you do NOT re-sell these recordings for any personal gain. Anyone who does so will be banned from taking part in future trees. The whole purpose of this project is to share the music with other fans and NOT to make money by selling bootlegs. If you're a collector who sells CD's or CDR's, please do NOT register for this tree. Thanks

Special thanks to Bob M and Marko for their help in putting this tree together.

[Edited by Gazza]
11-17-03 07:51 PM
CousinCocaine
What a great finish !!
Now I'm hot for these!
Thanx a lot to all involved!
cu
CC
11-17-03 08:35 PM
littleredrooster I'm IN!
11-17-03 08:53 PM
Martha HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

In In IN!!!!!

11-18-03 07:56 AM
scope Not that I had any doubts, but what a beautiful sell job Gazza. Email will be following immediately. These are MUST HAVES!
11-18-03 08:09 AM
sirfito Great, Gazza!
I'll send the e-mail later.
Cheers,
Fito
11-18-03 11:46 AM
sirfito E-Mail sent, Gazza.
Thank you very much again!
Cheers,
Fito
11-18-03 01:35 PM
riffhard64 Watching 4 Flcks "That's How Strong my Love Is"..what a fucking performance..i am just blown away...........
11-19-03 05:49 PM
stewed & Keefed E-MAIL SENT

THANKS GAZZA
11-23-03 02:15 PM
jackdanielsisastone Great initiative
Email sent (hope just in time)

JD
11-23-03 08:52 PM
Gazza yep..youre in..last one through the door!!

Thanks everyone. The sign up period is now closed and everyone who has registered should have by now received an acknowledgement e-mail from me.

I'll e-mail everyone the tree structure within 24-48 hours. Most of the seeds already have their copies of these shows from me by now as I sent them out with the Dutch shows so hopefully things will get moving very fast and everyone should get their discs soon.

Thats the last one of the year. I'm knackered..lol. More in '04.
11-24-03 07:33 PM
Gazza tree structure has now been e-mailed. thanks everyone
11-25-03 02:52 PM
Gazza Discs to all five seeds in this tree (2 in europe, 2 in North America and 1 in Australia) have now all been airmailed
11-26-03 03:09 PM
KeithRichards210 Aw shit! Missed out...
If ya snooze, ya lose. I snoozed.
11-27-03 08:58 PM
exilestones@netscape I guess I'm not allowed in since I didn't get e-mailed the tree structure. I'm sad.
11-30-03 07:43 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Now the art, again by Gazza!

Thanks a lot for the hard work you spent in this effort and all alone by yourself

12-01-03 02:59 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
tree structure has now been e-mailed. thanks everyone

I didn't get this e-mail, and I made it in before the deadline... could you e-mail it?

Thanks!

-tSYX --- It's only rock'n'roll...
12-01-03 04:19 PM
Gazza You did indeed sign up. In the process of sorting that out
12-02-03 10:41 AM
Martha Gazza,

WOW! The artwork is fantastic you did a wonderful job! Thanks for all your (and Marko and everyone's) hard work. It is greatly appreciated.

This place really is the BEST!

12-02-03 12:32 PM
RichmondHotel I'm lookin forward to listenin to these! Thanx!! Nice artwork job, also!
12-02-03 03:34 PM
marko Was i involved in this?
12-02-03 04:39 PM
Gazza yes - see my acknowledgement in the initial post!

Great work with the re-mastering of Olympia and Enmore!
12-02-03 09:32 PM
RichmondHotel Thank you so much, marko! I'm sorry I forgot a thank you but I didn't really in my mind! If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be listenin to these so thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Happy Holidays, also!!
12-04-03 03:45 AM
BillyBoll Discs will be going out to three of my branches today. I have yet to hear from albert imthorn - have any of his leaves heard from him?
12-04-03 04:03 AM
jackdanielsisastone I've already had contact with Albert Imthorn. Our trade is on paper closed already. So we're now waiting for the discs :-))
I can mail him -if you want to- to notify him of your message?

JackDaniels?
12-04-03 08:10 AM
BillyBoll I mailed him last Sunday and have just done so again. It may be he's tied up with other things.

The main thing is that he exists and active!
[Edited by BillyBoll]
12-04-03 09:49 AM
stewed & Keefed I have heard from Albert, and have just sent discs to him.
12-05-03 04:59 AM
BillyBoll I have now heard from Albert so discs will go to him tomorrow or Monday. A bad case of e-mails going missing!!
12-05-03 10:13 AM
juggsy Any of the other branches get a response from Sirstonesalot?
After 3 emails I haven't heard anything back. I need to keep my leafs informed of what's going on. Just curious if there has been some sort of delay.
12-06-03 11:28 AM
UGot2Rollme Just listened to Worried About You full volume from Astoria - great sound and what a performance!

Thanks Gazza, marko, et al for the early Christmas present!!
Page: 1 2