ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nolte update Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-14-02 01:38 AM
Nasty Habits No one buys their records, except for the Car Wash soundtrack. You're right about them bein' bland -- What are their albums called, Rose Royce I, Rose Royce II, Rose Royce III, Rose Royce IV, and their album covers suck.

Now the Ohio Players, there were some album covers. As one of my Heavy Hitting customers tole a amatuer one time, "Look for the ones with the bald chick on 'em, those were some goo' ones . . ."

12-14-02 01:41 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

What, are we the only ones left at 1:13 AM eastern standard time?

it's 5.00 p.m.(sat) here so i'm wide awake...but it's just ocurred to me i've spent a good couple of hours on this lovely afternoon "talking" to (i suspect substancially - and i do mean substance - affected) rock 'n' roll lunatics on the other side of the planet...the thing is, i'm having a great time...do you think i may have a problem...nasty??...you know a good doctor perhaps he can tell me if i'm stark raving mad or not....

and yeah, i think max may have crashed...one could sense it was coming...
12-14-02 01:46 AM
Dr. Filth
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

it's 5.00 p.m.(sat) here so i'm wide awake...but it's just ocurred to me i've spent a good couple of hours on this lovely afternoon "talking" to (i suspect substancially - and i do mean substance - affected) rock 'n' roll lunatics on the other side of the planet...the thing is, i'm having a great time...do you think i may have a problem...nasty??...you know a good doctor perhaps he can tell me if i'm stark raving mad or not....

and yeah, i think max may have crashed...one could sense it was coming...

You seem to be raising the bar of conversation around the general babble around here, stonedinaustralia -- at least you have not accused anyone of being gay. As my time is generally spent nurturing to those whose lives are so impacted by rock and roll records as to have distressingly little contact with the "real world" perhaps you can explain quickly and in your usual lucid style exactly the "decision" you and your colitigator sirmoonie were describing in another post?

12-14-02 02:09 AM
stonedinaustralia to be as lucid as possible:

on-line u.s. business magazine "barron's" made comments about a local (australian) tycoon which he held to be defamatory - he sued them here in australia - "barrons" argued the case should be heard in the u.s. where they uploaded the article onto their site - so the fundamental question was jurisdiction which went on at least two appeals to the High Court of Australia (who hold the same position in the system as your u.s. supreme court) - i always get a little chuckle out of that reference to "high"

but it all hangs on how you define "published" - under australian law "publication" occurs at the point where the offending material meets the public eye/ear - so a newspaper written and printed in new south wales (for example)is also "published" in south australia when it hits the s.a. news-stands

i gather under u.s. law the reverse definition is adopted i.e. "publication" occurs at the place from where the material originates

i don't mean to bore anybody with this stuff but it's ramifications even effect this board (and by that i mean principally the unholy trinity as they could get dragged into something unpleasant and ultimately costly) - best we all watch our "imho"'s - particularly if we are going to get personal

- and remember - i'm sober (at the moment anyway)

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
12-14-02 02:26 AM
Dr. Filth So this affects print as well as on-line publishing? This is very interesting -- one can almost understand how the world wide web could be held in check by this disctinction. When Maxlugar chooses to publish:

quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I gotta side wi you moomie!

Me wake it all the way! Rockin;' woit Mick an the stones!!

Rum goes down smooth ans fat but nit too fat. Make my squishy!

ya knO@?

Maxjy!

On a message board, one assumes that he implicitly understands that he is "publishing" it on an electronic, worldwide forum, and that anyone in the world can instantly access it - where is the web "located" being the question. But one would think that print publication would not be under the same restrictions -- obviously, the major American publishing houses or Time Magazine or whatever are published, physically, in New York. Not that this has any bearing on an on-line magazine's case -- I suppose all bets are off once it reaches cyberspace. I am just curious about your implication that Australian law sees publication and importation as the same action. When I listen to an Italian LP in America, is it assumed it is "published" there, and if so, the import price I paid was a ripoff!

Personally, this is all too much for a man of my stature and profession to take at 2:21 A.M. I am going to bed. Will read yr. response with great interest in the morning.

Dr. Filth

12-14-02 02:38 AM
stonedinaustralia ok doc...it is getting late...it just means, i think, that sooner rather than later there will be steps taken to unify the whole world's apporach and it's likely the u.s. defintion will prevail...it will certainly cut down on the potential for complete madness if so although it will limit (read - make more expensive) people's ability to enforce their rights...

the aus. definition is more expansive something is "published" when (and where) it becomes "public"

the u.s. approach is more along the lines, i guess (i'm not really that up with u.s. defamation laws), as you suggest - something is "published" at the point where it is produced and/or authored

it holds with newspapers and television too for that matter as well as the net -if the NY Times defamed me and the paper was "made public" here (which it is) - then, as our aussie tycoon did, i could bring an action against them here - the net situation makes the whole thing even more problematic because stuff on the net goes "everywhere" at the speed of light and the author/publisher has no control over that

and don't give me that "man of my stature and profession" stuff (you are really a doctor aren't you??)...some-one who understands things like you do can hold his own with anybody (while conceit is not attractive false modesty is also unbecoming)

good night...sleep tight!!

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
12-14-02 10:53 AM
Maxlugar "Did Max pass out?"

Practically face down on my keyboard.

OUI!

Maxy!
Page: 1 2