ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nolte update Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-12-02 02:38 PM
nankerphelge LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- A judge Thursday placed Nick Nolte on three years' probation and ordered him to undergo a 90-day substance abuse program after the actor pleaded no contest to misdemeanor DUI charges.

Nolte was arrested September 11 after police saw his black Mercedes-Benz driving erratically on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.

He was charged with one count of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and one count of being under the influence of a controlled substance known as gamma-hydroxybutyrate or GHB, the so-called date-rape drug.

"You can't help but learn something from this experience," Nolte told reporters as he entered the courtroom.

Defense attorney Mark Werksman said Nolte has no idea how the illegal substance entered his bloodstream, but suspects it could have come from numerous nutritional supplements the actor takes as part of a physical conditioning program.

----------

Oh come on! What nutritional supplements provide the USDA recommended daily allowance of drool huh? I'll tell ya -- NONE -- dude was trying to score some chickie to go home with his sorry ass in a Hawaiian shirt, and she pulled the ol' switcheroo on him. Serves him right. I tell ya what he learned from this experience -- always take your drink with you when to go to the john!
12-12-02 02:44 PM
gypsy Ahhh, yes! The old switcheroo. KeepRigidsLawyer has infinite knowledge on both GHB and the switcheroo.
12-12-02 02:53 PM
Joey Gypsy ...........................

Come to Joey tonight ............

{{{{ CHEZ JOEY }}}}}
12-12-02 03:25 PM
David God Bless him.

12-12-02 03:28 PM
jb What really gets me is that Winona and Nolte get probation, fines, etc..yet everyday I go to court, you go to the criminal division and guys who have committed aasault, domestic violence, and other more serios crimes walk free by the hundreds....I once interned at the Dade County Public Defenders office as I was naive and wanted to defend the rights of criminals, but even a bleeding heart liberal like me has to admit 99.9% of these guys are pure scumbags who cannot be rehabilitated.
12-12-02 03:56 PM
gypsy Nolte rocks! I loved him in "Rich Man, Poor Man!"
12-12-02 03:59 PM
jb Rich Man , Poor man..Part 1, was the greatest mini series of all time....
12-12-02 04:01 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
A judge (...)placed Nick Nolte on three years' probation and ordered him to undergo a 90-day substance abuse program after the actor pleaded no contest to misdemeanor DUI charges.

three years for a misdemeanour DUI (even if probation)is quite a stretch

can we assume by that there was a lengthy history of prior convictions for similiar offences??

or has the state of california recently introduced some fairly draconian laws to stamp out the menace that is nolteism??
12-12-02 05:28 PM
nankerphelge DUI has become quite a big deal here in the States over the past 10-15 years. No idea if Nolte had priors, but he has always been a hell raiser so it wouldn't surprise me. However, even for a liberal state like California, organizations have lobbied for, and gotten, some pretty serious laws on the books.

Here in Virginia, they just lowered the permissible blood alcohol level from .1 to .08 -- meaning you are probably legally drunk if the guy in the car next to you has been drinking.

But, at the same time, deaths from drunk drivers in this country have been on a steady and significant decrease during this time period (except for last year when they actually went up slightly). So something is clearly having a positive impact on fatalities from drunk driving.

So I don't think Nolte got anything unusual -- altho I agree with jb that there is an anomaly with famous people -- they tend to get stiff sentences for misdemeanors and acquitals for serious and violent felonies!

12-12-02 05:29 PM
Joey Nah , Nolte's best was " North Dallas Forty " !!!!!

...... and " The Deep " !!!!

J.
12-12-02 05:34 PM
nankerphelge You only liked the Deep for the wet T-shirt -- just like everyone else!
12-12-02 05:50 PM
Joey " You only liked the Deep for the wet T-shirt -- just like everyone else!"

Damn Straight My Jackie Bissett loving brother .........

I have an IPS named after her

{{{{{{{{{{{{JOESKEE }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

12-12-02 09:19 PM
gypsy Let's have a 'Nolte Night.' We'll all bring bags of goodies to share. We'll have the works: GHB, blow, crank, crack, acid, ecstacy, et al. We'll do it one night out of the year--EVERY year!
12-12-02 11:46 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Let's have a 'Nolte Night.' We'll all bring bags of goodies to share. We'll have the works: GHB, blow, crank, crack, acid, ecstacy, et al. We'll do it one night out of the year--EVERY year!

Its a great idea, but just so hard to organize. Everyone's gotta score at the same time, etc. We did one at Gasland a couple of years ago and I think every single thread ended up getting deleted. People say some really embarrasing things when they Nolt.

Thats why I seldom drink and do GHB anymore.

Gypsy, what is the URL for your Marianne site? I forgot to bookmark it last time. I enjoyed it, tons o' info. Tx in advance! Cheers!
12-13-02 02:58 AM
JumpinJackFlash "Who will stop the rain",, when he was jigging to that Hank Snow tune...."From old montana down to alabama,.....gonna board the golden rocket and leave this town.... yee haw, he's good in my book's. A great Karoack figure of somekind.
12-13-02 07:59 AM
Maxlugar Why don't they put us all in little cages???

Then the world would be REAL safe!!

God damn I need my drinky po's. So I take an nice fast cruise afterwards? And so what if I can't see out the windshield through all my flop drool???!!!

Anyway, I've been doing a lot of Special K lately.

Special K is canine tranquilizers. The kids found out about this a few years ago.

I take a shot down in the Subterranean Tavern at Casa De Maxy every few hours on Friday nights.

Gives you an exquisite slow, numb trank buzz. Good for calming Maxy's stretched to the limit soul after a hard week of working "for the man".

There are drawbacks with the canine meds though....

Like last weekend when I woke up neutered.

And the fleas....

But it's worth it friends. So worrrrrrrth it.

WOOF!

Mangy Maxy!
12-13-02 09:16 AM
nankerphelge Get one of those Hartz 2-in-1 collars Max -- fleas and ticks!! And a nice rawhide bone.

Nuthin' like a rawhide bone, I always say...
12-13-02 09:46 AM
Maxlugar Will do Nanks!

Gonna kick it doggie style tonight!

ArrrrrooooooooooooWW!

Marksy!
12-13-02 04:24 PM
gypsy Damn. I should have been a veterinarian.
Yeah, you're right, Moonie, we can't all Nolt at once; it would be too much.
My MSN group isn't about Marianne, it's about Anita. Either way, they both had 'nice racks.'
It's http://groups.msn.com/AnitaPallenberg
12-13-02 11:13 PM
Maxlugar Gypsy,

Will you stick your finger up mein ashhole to feel mein proshtate?

Feels a little hard.

Like mein pee pee.......

TIA!

MLYBT! (Maxy like you big time)

Maxy!
12-14-02 12:19 AM
sirmoonie You would have to be fucked out of your rat-smacking skull not to know that Mick Jagger is all there is to it. Without him, its another band that becomes Creem or Derek and the Dominoes.

Brian Jones, for godsakes. Sorry man, I don't keep track of how many pre-Beggar's tunes had flutes or xylephones or madrigals or some other fucked up shit.

Jagger has been stealing the show from day one.

Greatest rocker that ever existed. By far.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Mick Jagger and his band of Rolling Stones, Ronnie!"
12-14-02 12:28 AM
Maxlugar I gotta side wi you moomie!

Me wake it all the way! Rockin;' woit Mick an the stones!!

Rum goes down smooth ans fat but nit too fat. Make my squishy!

ya knO@?

Maxjy!
12-14-02 12:39 AM
sirmoonie Fuck yes! I got your rap.

Where's Nankie? Why isn't he done with his dumb ass party?

I'm fucking banjo-ripped, playing bootlegs, checking the board, and going through my financial/investment files. As far as I can tell, its all three are doing good.

Why can't you invest in the Stones? Preferred shares in Charlie Watts or stock options in Ronnie. I'll take some of that action. I have insider information.
12-14-02 12:40 AM
Nasty Habits Wrong thread -
Right on.

Here's to friggin' Mick.

Did I ever tell you guys about when I was in Philly on KenKep's bus going back from the goddamn brilliant probably best time I ever saw the Stones First Union Center show and I was talking to this hippie guy who sells world war II memora - memorabel -- collectables about the record store and vinyl and alla this stuff and he's diggin' the fact that I make my living on vinyl LPs and we're, you know, whatever, not hating each other's company, and he looks at me and he says, "So, I'm guessing -- a Keithian, right?" Like there's automatically this great divide, right? So I look him straight in the eye and I say, "Nah, man, I's a Micker." And he got offended! Like I'd misrepresented myself or something! And he blew me off for the rest of the night -- not that I cared, I was flirting with this really cute little blonde chick who liked Mick Jagger best, too.

Anyway, fuck him.

Mick rules.
12-14-02 12:57 AM
sirmoonie I hear ya Nasty. I think a lot of people feel compelled to love the guitar player the most. Its a high school thing most never get over.

Nobody is like Mick. Strange looking middle-class white boy that ultimately ended up showing everyone, even the old masters, how its done.

Its hard to put Mick into context sometimes, he's been around and at the top for so much longer than anyone else, I think the world just gets used to him. But, 50 years from now, music historians will hold him up bigger than anyone. Thats my soothsaying for the day.

Listening to Rose Royce, BTW. Pretty bland stuff, but I Wanna Get Next To You is just some of the finest 70s soul I can think of. Just a haunting little song.
12-14-02 01:01 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Listening to Rose Royce, BTW. Pretty bland stuff, but I Wanna Get Next To You is just some of the finest 70s soul I can think of. Just a haunting little song.

well sirm not always bland - "love don't live here anymore" is quite tasty - in a bitter sweet kinda way
12-14-02 01:10 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Now, see, that is why I love this board. I don't even listen to Rose Royce! But now I have two numbers to pull off my Rose Royce records, become familiar with, and to name drop when some big name DJ from New York comes in to spin for us Asheville peons. He'll bring up his Slave and T-Connection and Con-Funk-Shun records and I'll say "What about some Rose Royce today?" And he'll say, "Ah, man, I don't know. They're a little bland." And I'll say, "Yeah, most of the time, but 'I Want to Get Next to You' is some of the finest soul of the 70s - just a haunting little tune, and 'Love Don't Live Here Anymore' is quite tasty in a bittersweet kindofaway!"

Boom! Five more bucks in the Nasty Coffers!

Missippi John Hurt despises Joe Turner!
12-14-02 01:14 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Missippi John Hurt despises Joe Turner!

why?? - did he steal his girlfriend or something??
12-14-02 01:19 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

why?? - did he steal his girlfriend or something??

Fuckin' exactly! At least, that's what he says in the song. Something tells me MJH is talking about an unspecified Joe Turner and not the one who told Pete to roll 'em.

What, are we the only ones left at 1:13 AM eastern standard time?

Did Max pass out? Is Sir Moonie preparing a brilliant treatise about something? Where'd gypsy go? She was here a minute ago!

Voodoo, as usual, is TCB.

12-14-02 01:31 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
And I'll say, "Yeah, most of the time, but 'I Want to Get Next to You' is some of the finest soul of the 70s - just a haunting little tune, and 'Love Don't Live Here Anymore' is quite tasty in a bittersweet kindofaway!"

Boom! Five more bucks in the Nasty Coffers!

Hey, thats some proprietary material, I'll expect a 10% kicker, that I'll split with SIA.

Actually "haunting" isn't accurate. Insert "smokey" - "just a smokey little tune"

"Love Don't Live Here" - SIA nailed that one!

Don't feel bad about not listening to Rose Royce, I didn't know anyone on the planet did, until a few moments ago!
Page: 1 2