ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
© Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Official "Christmas Pisses Me Off" Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
14th December 2006 06:18 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Dont get me wrong, I love christmas because its one of the only times all my family come round and chat to eachother. But I hate all the shopping and marketing around it. Christmas has lost its real value and its aimed so much at adults these days. It should be for the kids and adults should realise this!

All the bloody adverts on tv piss me off too! grrrrrrrrr

The, on fucking christmas day! the bastards who have been selling you all of these expensive presents have the nerve to advertise the fact that the presents you have spent your hard earned cash on are ON SALE! Bastards!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HUMBUG
14th December 2006 06:37 AM
mrhipfl I for one enjoy getting and giving presents. Christmas is the only time of year I enjoy shopping. I love all of the lights and decorations, too. Voodoo Scrooge
14th December 2006 06:47 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I for one enjoy getting and giving presents. Christmas is the only time of year I enjoy shopping. I love all of the lights and decorations, too. Voodoo Scrooge

Then this thread is not for you!
14th December 2006 06:47 AM
Honky Tonk Man I'm with my buddy Voodoo Scrounge on this one. Christmas lost its appeal to me a long time ago. Sure, it’s an excuse to get drunk and be merry, but isn't every weekend anyway?

I despise the shopping aspect too. Want to know much I've done? ZERO and I don't intend to either. If people want to buy me presents, that’s fine. Their choice.

I also have absolutely nothing planned either. Christmas dinner is the only thing I look forward too. Every pub or bar I go to is probably ticket only to. What’s the point??
14th December 2006 06:55 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

I also have absolutely nothing planned either. Christmas dinner is the only thing I look forward too. Every pub or bar I go to is probably ticket only to. What’s the point??

I love Christmas dinner! and i dont mind presents, but the whole deal with cards and secret santas and all that shit gets on my nerves!

And the dustman and milkman knock on your door and ask for a christmas box....for what?....doing their fucking job!
14th December 2006 07:19 AM
lotsajizz I hate Christmas
14th December 2006 07:21 AM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves "Humbuggery!"-C. Montgomery Burns
14th December 2006 07:41 AM
Jumacfly Xmas is the perfect occasion to get drunk to death and to forget what a crappy night it is.
Believe me, that works!
14th December 2006 08:27 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Xmas is the perfect occasion to get drunk to death and to forget what a crappy night it is.
Believe me, that works!

Quoted for truth and accuracy.

14th December 2006 08:31 AM
lotsajizz I will accept the advice....
14th December 2006 08:57 AM
egon only 1 day off in France.

that's quite sucky
14th December 2006 09:05 AM
glencar We get at least the weekend or more if it's in the middle of the week.
14th December 2006 09:11 AM
Joey " But I hate all the shopping and marketing around it. Christmas has lost its real value and its aimed so much at adults these days. It should be for the kids and adults should realise this! "

14th December 2006 09:13 AM
glencar Some people go kicking & screaming into manhood.
14th December 2006 09:15 AM
Joey " Some people go kicking & screaming into manhood."

14th December 2006 09:16 AM
glencar You know of what I speak, Jedi...
14th December 2006 09:19 AM
Joey " You know of what I speak, Jedi..."

14th December 2006 09:20 AM
glencar I'm sorry Joey but you'll always be a sad boy...

14th December 2006 09:44 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
Joey wrote:
" But I hate all the shopping and marketing around it. Christmas has lost its real value and its aimed so much at adults these days. It should be for the kids and adults should realise this! "

I see this picture all the time Joey. What the fuck does it mean? Please explain and I will never ask again
14th December 2006 09:53 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Christmas is ok with me. I don't shop though...much. Just throw a little cash into Christmas cards for the kids... that's about it. I'm happy for little kids though, they like that Santa stuff. I'm just usually glad when it's over.
14th December 2006 09:58 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Just an aside. True story. About 10 years ago I needed some extra cash so I went to a temp agency and they gave me this job as a Santa sitting in a chair in the furniture department. Anyway I got fired after the first day. I fell asleep in the chair. That didn't go down well with the boss for some reason.
14th December 2006 09:59 AM
Joey " Please explain and I will never ask again "

14th December 2006 10:03 AM
glencar
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Just an aside. True story. About 10 years ago I needed some extra cash so I went to a temp agency and they gave me this job as a Santa sitting in a chair in the furniture department. Anyway I got fired after the first day. I fell asleep in the chair. That didn't go down well with the boss for some reason.

Did you try to get yer job back?
14th December 2006 10:07 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Did you try to get yer job back?

No, I was actually working at the time. It was just for extra money. I just figured that not everyone is cut out to be Santa.
14th December 2006 10:09 AM
glencar You have a real job?
14th December 2006 10:14 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
You have a real job?

Used to.
14th December 2006 10:15 AM
glencar You should run for Congress.
14th December 2006 10:16 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
You should run for Congress.

You are absolutely scalding today

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

Joey Carson
14th December 2006 10:17 AM
glencar I'm like Mick warming up for "de show"!
14th December 2006 10:17 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Some people go kicking & screaming into manhood."

Joey, what the hell is going on that picture?? I presume one of them is an animal, I don't know what the other is!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)