ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Get well Keef!!
Keithfucius say
"If you're gonna get wasted, get wasted elegantly
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!
© 1979 Mr. Henry Diltz
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Last Tour? Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 15th, 2005 11:23 PM
keefjunkie Ive been reading alot of posts about this being the last tour and album... do you really think it is?!
December 15th, 2005 11:24 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This could be the last tour
This could be the last tour
Maybe the last tour
I don't know...
oh no...
December 15th, 2005 11:26 PM
pdog I believe the last tour began in 1969 and they're almost ready to wrap it up...
December 15th, 2005 11:33 PM
jb Yes..the last major world tour..perhaps some small venues here and there..but not likely. It is over and probably for ther best..they have really sunken low and have humiliated the real fans with ABB, AMA, and the U2 embarrassment.
December 15th, 2005 11:41 PM
CraigP I sort-of hope so (in a way)... They are on their last legs. I will miss them with passion. Let's appreciate that we've all got to see them live and all of their extaordinary contributions to our lives and music itself. All in all, I can't imagine them gone. They will always be a major part of my life and always an obsession of mine untill the day I die.
December 15th, 2005 11:42 PM
jb
quote:
CraigP wrote:
I sort-of hope so (in a way)... They are on their last legs. I will miss them with passion. Let's appreciate that we've all got to see them live and all of their extaordinary contributions to our lives and music itself. All in all, I can't imagine them gone. They will always be a major part of my life and always an obsession of mine untill the day I die.

TIt has been a great ride, but they have ruined they legacy...not one good albumn in ovrer 25 yrs...appalling..and SOL is the worst somng ever written ....
December 15th, 2005 11:44 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

TIt has been a great ride, but they have ruined they legacy...not one good albumn in ovrer 25 yrs...appalling..and SOL is the worst somng ever written ....

2nd worst, Anyway You Look At It , is the worst!
December 15th, 2005 11:49 PM
CraigP BTW forget U2, record sales, tour grosses, a sub-par ABB and all the corporate bullshit that goes with it. If the Stones were an 'underground band' with no hits, I'd love their music and shows just the same as any other band (major or underground). Forget the corporate B/S... It's all about the music and the shows. Don't get me wrong, I love being surrounded by 60,000 "fans" at a Stones show.
You can feel the energy all around the crowd. All 60,000 are there for one reason: The experience.
December 15th, 2005 11:52 PM
jb
quote:
CraigP wrote:
BTW forget U2, record sales, tour grosses, a sub-par ABB and all the corporate bullshit that goes with it. If the Stones were an 'underground band' with no hits, I'd love their music and shows just the same as any other band (major or underground). Forget the corporate B/S... It's all about the music and the shows. Don't get me wrong, I love being surrounded by 60,000 "fans" at a Stones show.
You can feel the energy all around the crowd. All 60,000 are there for one reason: The experience.

It was fun..but all things must end..and we see the lack of interest in Europe and dismal sales here of ABB(390k), you know it's time to hang it up.
December 15th, 2005 11:54 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

It was fun..but all things must end..and we see the lack of interest in Europe and dismal sales here of ABB(390k), you know it's time to hang it up.

It's been a good run... If I had to pick a time to be alive in, I'd say this one wasn't too bad b/c of The Stones! Oh, and girls shaving down south and wearing hot, hot closthes... Good time to be alive...
December 15th, 2005 11:59 PM
keefjunkie but im only 15 and have only had the chance to see them once... fuck..
December 16th, 2005 12:00 AM
jb
quote:
keefjunkie wrote:
but im only 15 and have only had the chance to see them once... fuck..

Get all boots from 69-73.....you will understand why they will alwasy be the greatest..also, go to Europe and catch a few shows........
December 16th, 2005 12:04 AM
keefjunkie
quote:
jb wrote:

Get all boots from 69-73.....you will understand why they will alwasy be the greatest..also, go to Europe and catch a few shows........

i already have tons, and i do understand why their the greatest, and i would go to europe if i could but i dont know how realistic that is lol
December 16th, 2005 01:19 AM
Brainbell Jangler C'mon, josh, buy the kid a flight to Europe and a few tix.
December 16th, 2005 02:04 AM
glencar Definitely the last tour.
December 16th, 2005 02:11 AM
marko Yep,this is the last one,ending in USA next fall.Thats
what i´ve heard.
December 16th, 2005 02:46 AM
pdog
quote:
marko wrote:
Yep,this is the last one,ending in USA next fall.Thats
what i´ve heard.

I shudder at the thought of the ticket prices!
December 16th, 2005 06:28 AM
Stray Cat UK I think it's time for them to hang it up.
Mick and Charlie are still on top form,but Keith / Ronnie ?

I used to think Keith was the coolest man on the planet,but nowadays everytime he opens his mouth I can only think of 2 words; WANKER and ALTZIMERS (spelling?) !

Could you image a Winos tour now ?

I noticed Ronnie's lack of involvement starting on Bridges tour and the unbeleivable spectical of him been hugged and cheered for playing a few scales in the right order on Licks tour ie. CYHMK.

Thanks for the ride boys ,but it's over. Start releasing the archives instead.

sc uk. AND don't even mention the ticket pricing policy!
December 16th, 2005 07:27 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
I think it's time for them to hang it up.
Mick and Charlie are still on top form,but Keith / Ronnie ?

I used to think Keith was the coolest man on the planet,but nowadays everytime he opens his mouth I can only think of 2 words; WANKER and ALTZIMERS (spelling?) !

Could you image a Winos tour now ?

I noticed Ronnie's lack of involvement starting on Bridges tour and the unbeleivable spectical of him been hugged and cheered for playing a few scales in the right order on Licks tour ie. CYHMK.

Thanks for the ride boys ,but it's over. Start releasing the archives instead.

sc uk. AND don't even mention the ticket pricing policy!

100% CORRECT.
December 16th, 2005 08:53 AM
Madafaka Yes, this one is the last one.
Hurry up and get your tickets!
December 16th, 2005 09:34 AM
lotsajizz I would not bet against another tour
December 16th, 2005 10:10 AM
voodoopug
quote:
keefjunkie wrote:
Ive been reading alot of posts about this being the last tour and album... do you really think it is?!

Do to poor ticket sales and increased interest in subpar bands by the general public (see U2, Aerosmith, either Simpson, etc). This shall be the last tour. Even with ticket prices at the level they should be, the profits are not there. Jake Cohl will probably organize a few mini tours here and there and the band may extend ABB through the states again in the Fall, but this will be only to recoup losses sustainged by poor ticket sales (see Philly 2, Vegas, Detroit, Chicago 3, San Fran 2, most of Europe, all UK shows except Wembly, plus many more)
December 16th, 2005 10:45 AM
Maxmeister
quote:
marko wrote:
Yep,this is the last one,ending in USA next fall.Thats
what i´ve heard.

The last world tour may well be close at hand. If the fall 2006 rumors are true, the only conclusion I can come to is they're stretching it out one last time.

NYC 1/20 in just 5 weeks, oh yeah!

Rick
December 16th, 2005 10:55 AM
jb My sources have confirmed this is the last major(emphasis on major) world tour. There is a limited possibility for future engagements on a much smaller scale, but many forces, including , but not limited to, the following may preclude it:
1)health of band members
2)Mick and Keith have even become further estranged
3)Lack of sponsor
4)increasingly lower demand
5)No new albums/lack of commercial viability
December 16th, 2005 11:27 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
My sources have confirmed this is the last major(emphasis on major) world tour. There is a limited possibility for future engagements on a much smaller scale, but many forces, including , but not limited to, the following may preclude it:
1)health of band members
2)Mick and Keith have even become further estranged
3)Lack of sponsor
4)increasingly lower demand
5)No new albums/lack of commercial viability

I also suffer from flank pain, benign fasciculations, chronic IBS, arthritis of the ear, soy induced vomitting, hammer toes, and vertigo
December 16th, 2005 11:41 AM
jb Sadly, they are going out in a very embarrassing and humiliating fashion...........they simply did not charge enough and limit the venues to 10-15k at around 500-1000k a seat.
December 16th, 2005 11:45 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Sadly, they are going out in a very embarrassing and humiliating fashion...........they simply did not charge enough and limit the venues to 10-15k at around 500-1000k a seat.

Sadly, Joey attended, and most likely enjoyed U2 last night, thus humiliating us!
December 16th, 2005 11:52 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, Joey attended, and most likely enjoyed U2 last night, thus humiliating us!

Joey lives in Nebraska and that expalins a lot..........
December 16th, 2005 11:54 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Joey lives in Nebraska and that expalins a lot..........

Joey proclaims he shall never leave the state of Nebraska....and with the state of Husker football...this is humiliating on many levels....U2 has completely humiliated us on so many levels!
December 16th, 2005 04:07 PM
keefjunkie
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
C'mon, josh, buy the kid a flight to Europe and a few tix.

agreed! haha
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)